"Moonshine" is an exceptionally clean and well-maintained Grand Banks 36' Classic, and is a "must see" for anyone in the market. Currently the best priced GB 36' on the market! Powered by a pair of Sabre/Lehman 135hp diesels, she is extremely efficient underway- burning @4 gallons per hour at 8 knots. Her equipment list is extensive: Onan 8.5kw generator, XANTREX INVERTER (new 2007), offshore life raft, EPIRB, blue bimini top with four-sided enclosure (new 2007), canvas covers for brightwork (transom, cap rails, hand rails), air conditioning/reverse cycle heat, full electronics package, 10' dingy with 6hp Mercury 4-stroke outboard (new 2007), extensive spare parts inventory, full maintenance logs, life sling, new cutlass bearings, ice maker, Lofran's heavy-duty windlass (recently overhauled), collapsable mast, and much more. Her brightwork is in excellent condition, as is everything else! She is one of the more rare models that features the center-line queen berth arrangement in the master. This boat is turn-key and is ready to cruise. The owners' plans have changed, and offers are strongly encouraged. Listing agent has spent a considerable amount of time on the boat, and can answer any questions that a prospective buyer might have. Please let us know how we may help you!!
Lower helm electronics: Raymarine C-70, Furuno 36 mile radar, Standard VHF, Raymarine digital depth, Raymarine ST6001 Autopilot, and Pioneer Stereo.
Upper helm electronics:Garmin 3210 GPSmap (new 2007), Raymarine ST60 digital depth, and Raymarine ST6001 Autopilot.
There are three main reasons why anyone in the market for a serious offshore cruising yacht in this size range owes it to themselves to fully investigate "Moonshine". 1) She is a "true" Grand Banks- she was designed and built when the company slogan was "Dependable Diesel Trawlers". Not that the current models aren't "true" Grand Banks Yachts, but they have greatly departed in hull design from that which has made their brand name immediately recognized among serious offshore and coastal trawling cruisers. Every aspect of the design and build process of the GB36 was centered on the desire to create the perfect cruising yacht- with regard to safety, quality of construction, and seaworthiness- and Grand Banks nailed it. 2)While all of the GB36's of this vintage currently on the market share the traits listed above, not all of them have received the level of care that "Moonshine" has enjoyed over the years. This care is immediately obvious to anyone who can appreciate the level of devotion required to keep a yacht in "near-bristol" condition. This level of attention has not only been given to her cosmetic features- but to her mechanical systems as well. The owner has vowed (and has proven) that this level of maintenance and up-keep will continue until sold. 3)Price- "Moonshine" is owned by an individual who has realistic expectations of current values in today's market. We have studied the market extensively,and have decided to ask a price that fits today's reality. "Moonshine" represents what is likely the best current opportunity to own a true classic in superb condition at an excellent price. January 2013- Price reduced!!
Owner has kept a comprehensive maintenance log, which will be passed along to next owner. Engines and generator have had full maintenance service, and are ready for the new cruising season. "Moonshine" is tied up behind the owner's home in Callao, VA and is available for inspection at any time. Very, very well done... Please contact listing agent with any questions or to arrange a viewing.
- The layout of the GB36' rivals that of some much larger yachts as far as comfort, storage, and overall cruisability are concerned. "Moonshine" boasts the preferred queen-berth master with private head and shower aft, and the roomy guest stateroom and private head forward. Between is the raised salon, galley, and lower helm station. There is one doorway to starboard beside the helm, and another one to port just aft of the galley. This arrangement allows for quick and easy access to the teak sidedecks, foredeck, or flybridge. The flybridge is enormous for a 36' yacht, and includes two fore-and-aft facing bench seats, beautifully maintained teak deck, and new full bimini and enclosure which covers the entire area.
- Galley and Salon
- One of the greatest features of the Grand Banks 36' is the size and location of the galley. Located "up" at the salon level on the port side, the galley offers more than adequate storage and counter space. Some of the galley features are: Princess electric oven Princess 3-burner electric stove Sharp microwave (new 2007) U-line icemaker (located in foward cabin companionway) Large refrigerator and freezer Large stainless steel sink The salon area is aft and to starboard and features a cozy L-shaped setee, famous "Grand Banks" table, microwave and entertainment center aft to port, beautiful teak and holly sole, The condition of the interior teak is excellent, and the boat shows extremely well both inside and out.
- Master stateroom is aft and includes a centerline queen berth, large walk-in closet forward to port, screened escape door aft and to port, a private ensuite head with shower to starboard, and abundant drawer storage. The stateroom is very roomy and is more than adequate for extended cruising. Guest stateroom is forward and includes a V-berth arrangement, ensuite head with shower, overhead hatch, hanging locker, and plenty of drawer and cabinet storage.
- While we attempt to display current and accurate data, this listing may not reflect the most recent transactions or may contain occasional data entry errors. Selling agent makes no warranties, express or implied, regarding the content or availability of the products described herein. All inventory listed is subject to availability and prior sale. Please consult selling agent for details. Prices are quoted for the USA only and may not include transportation, taxes, or other applicable charges. Photographs may be representative only and may vary somewhat from the actual items offered for sale. We will not be responsible for inaccurate data obtained from our site. Please check with your local dealer to ensure that you have the latest information available. Information on this web site could include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes may be periodically made to the information or the products herein. Questions or comments regarding these policies may be directed to website hosting agent.
- Mark Connors 757-406-1673 or firstname.lastname@example.org