OWNER WANTS TO HEAR OFFERS!
The HEAVY GATE is a Classic Down East Style Flybridge Cruiser built of fiberglass and keeping the “Lap Strake” appearance of the original boats. The HEAVY GATE is the most recent model of this builder that I can find for sale. Powered with 210 HP diesels, the boat provides comfortable speed and terrific economy in this era of higher cost fuel. A great couples or small family boat for cruising. From all appearances and reports, this vessel is ready to go!
- The HEAVY GATE is a Classic Down East Style Flybridge Cruiser built of fiberglass and keeping the “Lap Strake” appearance of the original boats. The HEAVY GATE is the most recent model of this builder that I can find for sale. Powered with 210 HP diesels, the boat provides comfortable speed and terrific economy in this era of higher cost fuel. A great couples or small family boat for cruising. From all appearances and reports, this vessel is ready to go!
- DETAILED VESSEL WALKTHROUGH
- Entering the salon from the cockpit swinging door, to the right is an “L” shaped sofa with a unique Hi-Lo table. Just forward on the right is the lower helm/control station with helm seat and storage under. Note the interior is paneled in what appears to be varnished teak, the salon windows are covered with Textiline on the inside for privacy and temperature control. The deck is carpeted. Down 3-steps (storage under steps) to the surprisingly large galley on the left. Across is the head compartment with separate shower stall of very decent proportions. Forward to the V-berth cabin. The interior of the HEAVY GATE is clean, appointed in a traditional manner and shows no signs of hard use or neglect.
- Norcold 12VDC/110VAC refrigerator/freezer Kenyon 2-Burner electric stove Microwave oven 12gal. hot water heater Pressure water system; 12vdc
- Bow pulpit w/anchor roller 25 Lb. Danforth style anchor w/approximately 300’ 5/8 rode Bow rail Fender racks Foredeck hatch Non-skid decks Substantial FB Ladder Custom FB ½ tower; jointed for easy removal for low bridges 3-helm & companion chairs Textiline covered cockpit sunshade Cockpit to side deck handholds Cockpit taffrail Cockpit non-skid “carpet covering” 2-step pads Cockpit boarding steps Cockpit Table Cockpit aft seating w/storage under Shore water supply inlet Swim platform Cockpit shower Cockpit speakers
- ELECTRONICS & HELM
- NavCom autopilot 2-depth sounders 2-Standard Horizon VHF Furuno 16 mile radar Northstar Loran/GPS NOT UPDATED 2-compass
- 12Vdc/110Vac systems 2-8D engine and house battery 1-series 27 generator battery 5 Kw Westerbeke generator approximately 495 hrs. 1-110v shore power cord
- ENGINE DETAILS & MECHANICAL EQUIPMENT
- Twin 210 Hp Turbo Charged Hino Diesels (see notes in “Other” section) Mermaid 16,500 BTU reverse cycle AC Bilge blowers Upper and Lower Helms Dripless shat logs Racor Fuel filters Fuel shut off valve Raw water sea strainers Hydraulic steering Bennett trim tabs 1.5:1 Hurth gears Mores MT-3 Dual controls
- Hino Motors, Ltd. commonly known as simply Hino, is a manufacturer of diesel trucks , buses , and other vehicles, based in Hino , Tokyo , Japan . Since 1973 the company has been the leading producer of medium and heavy-duty diesel trucks in Japan. It is a subsidiary of Toyota Motor Corporation . None” marinized” parts are available at HINO Truck Dealers and Local Parts Stores. US Marine/Mercury Marine/Mercruiser /Brunswick imported the engines. Parts are available from Blue Ridge Marine; in the Seattle WA area and others.
- BROKER’S REMARKS
- The HEAVY GATE is a popular vintage Down East Style Cruiser that from remarks posted by owners on various blogs etc., is a very popular boat respected for its construction, sea keeping ability and finish; albeit to a different standard from today’s production boats. The HEAVY GATE certainly appears today to have benefited from the care of owners that like the boat. You will not find many boats of this vintage and size in this nice of condition. The HEAVY GATE needs another caring owner. Will it be you?
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.