- 36 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- 6LY2-STP FWC diesel
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
NORTH STAR is a superbly outfitted (EP) Extended Pilothouse Picnic Boat and has recently undergone an extensive refit. She is the only Picnic Boat EP available on the Great Lakes and is ready for immediate enjoyment.
- Superbly outfitted, NORTHSTAR has recently undergone an extensive refit receiving new upholstery, new Ultraleather on the helm chairs, new hatches, and an elegant teak transom. Air conditioning with Mobile Power unit, full teak package, and power Stidd seats are just some of her extra options.
- HULL and DECK
- Construction: The hull is Kevlar/E-glass hybrid and balsa core, SCRIMPed with vinylester resin. Deck and cockpit are E-glass and balsa core, molded with polyester resin. The deck sole has a molded-in nonskid pattern. Marelon ball-valve seacocks with thru-hulls below water line and Marelon thru-hulls above waterline. Flag Blue Awlgrip Topsides Light Cream Gelcoat Cabin house and deck Double Cream Bootstripe Red Bottom Swim Platform: Heavy-duty fiberglass swim platform has teak insert treads, stainless steel bracket and half round. Custom vertical handrail on transom painted to match hull. Stainless steel telescoping 3-step folding swim ladder. Deck Features: Flush foredeck anchor locker Rounded, tapered, varnished teak toe rail withHinckleyprofile Varnished teak eyebrow molding around cabin top Four (4) opening elliptical ports on house sides Hinckley pilothouse mast with spotlight and 24” Radome are painted to match deck. (3) Low profile opening aluminum hatches with screens Custom Hinckley 316L stainless steel bow chocks Bow, stern and springline 316L stainless steel mooring cleats Padeyes with chafe strips to hang fenders Stainless steel half round on fiberglass molded rub rail Bow, stern and springline 316L stainless steel mooring cleats Custom 1” Stainless Steel Bow Rail
- Additional Equipment
- Bow varnished burgee pennant staff with flush socket Stern mounted 4 ft. varnished teak ensign pole & socket Boat hook mounted under side deck Bell Dock lines Fenders Deck shower/water outlet with hot & cold mixing valve Life jackets Hand held flare kit (2) 2.5# Dry chemical fire extinguishers 12-volt trumpet air horn with switch on dash Masthead and running lights ACR Masthead mounted spotlight with helm-mounted electric remote control Ground Tackle: Muir electric windlass pkg: Flush foredeck anchor locker houses a Muir electric windlass with Delta 22# anchor + 15” SS chain & 150’ anchor rode and stainless steel bow roller. The windlass can be operated from the helm station or a handheld remote at anchor locker.
- The Picnic EP engine box has an integrated wet bar and an aft-facing cushioned seat. The teak cockpit sole has direct overboard drainage scuppers. The wet bar includes a stainless steel sink with foldaway faucet and hot & cold pressure water, ice chest with drain, and a storage drawer. The entire engine box/wet bar and seat is hinged on the aft end and has electric air-assist lift for easy access to the engine. Aft across the transom is a full-width settee with back and seat cushions. Aft settee includes two hinged lids under the cushions to allow access to removable storage tubs. A Teak side deck boarding step mounts port or starboard. Stainless steel cockpit step with teak treads mounts port or starboard with stainless steel brackets. Other cockpit amenities include: Full Ivory color cockpit cover that attaches to pilothouse with snaps around cockpit coaming Cockpit shower with mixing valve is located under starboard deck. Port & starboard fishing rod holders are located on the aft deck sides. Teak rod holder mounted under the port side cockpit coaming.
- Stidd helm and passenger seats and an L-shaped settee with varnished teak table provide seating for six for dining and entertainment. The pilothouse sole is finished in teak and the upper pilothouse sides, including dash, are finished in varnished teak. There is a teak locking companionway door. Insulated white overhead has four (4) acrylic opening hatches with OceanAir Sky screens. Additional illumination is by rheostat controlled overhead 12VDC halogen lights. Pilothouse has a closeable heat/air conditioning outlet. (4) Pilothouse windows include: (2) Sliding side windows and (2) Fixed forward with heavy duty, self-parking, intermittent windshield wipers and fresh water washers. Ultraleather covered Stidd helm and passenger seats with electric fore, aft, and height adjustment. seats can swivel to face aft. Port forward passenger area has a varnished teak integral handrail/cup holder and teak magazine rack on the forward bulkhead. Ivory-color aft drop curtains with windows provide a fully enclosed pilothouse. Ivory-colored interior window sun covers for all four pilothouse windows.
- Helm & Navigation Electronics
- Varnished teak instrument pod Stainless steel 14” steering wheel with varnished wood rim Hinckley JetStick® Engine gauges Top-opening locker with chart storage 12-volt "cigarette-style" outlet in chart pocket Remote switches to spotlight Two cup holders. Helm Electronics and Navigation Equipment : Raytheon Raymarine ST-6001 Plus Autopilot with rate sensor Raytheon RL-70C Plus 7” LCD color Radar display Raytheon RL-70CRC Plus 7” LCD color radar/Chartplotter display with 2 Kw Radome Raymarine Raystar 120 LP WAAS GPS antenna Spectrum GX2350 VHF Radio with DSC and loud hailer Ritchie compass Raytheon ST-60 multi-function display with depth, water temperature and speed indicator Radome antenna is painted to match deck
- ACCOMMODATIONS BELOW
- The Picnic Boat EP (Extended Pilothouse) sleeps two comfortably forward and includes head with shower, and galley. The pilot house has an “L” shaped settee and teak table for dining and entertainment with additional seating in the cockpit. The Interior is finished in satin varnished cherry, including forward hull side sheathing. The cabin sole is varnished teak & holly and has a cabin sole cover. There is an opening overhead hatch with OceanAir Sky Screen and four opening ports with screens. 12,000 BTU reverse-cycle heat/air conditioning has outlets in the cabin, head and pilothouse. (5) Frigast stainless steel 12-volt lamps on rheostat dimmers provide plenty of interior lighting. Alpine AM/FM stereo with 6 CD changer and four AlpineSTMspeakers: (2) on forward bulkhead, (2) in pilothouse. Alpine 6-discDVD/CD changer V-Berth (Forward): V-berth with adapter/filler cushion to form a double berth. Storage under the V-berth with easy access cherry drop-front door. Storage in forepeak behind a louvered cherry door. Hanging locker to starboard just aft of the V-berth. (2) Stereo speakers are mounted port and starboard on the forward bulkhead. (2) Hella fans – port and starboard on forward bulkhead. (2) Opening ports with screens Head (Starboard) : Solid cherry door. Varnished cherry countertop with an undermounted porcelain sink. Grohe faucet/hand held shower provides hot & cold pressure water. Vacu-flush marine head Mirror on the forward bulkhead with cherry frame. Storage is provided by cherry faced lockers above and outboard the vanity, a drawer with a cherry face beside the marine head, and a locker under the vanity. 110-volt outlet Hella fan Opening port with screen Galley (Port): The Galley is separated from the V-berth area to port by a “pantry” locker with louvered door and shelves. Antique White Formica countertop Stainless steel sink with Grohe fixtures and spray nozzle Hot and cold pressure water. Adler Barbour refrigeration – 12-volt cold plate refrigerator in a self-draining box Force 10 two-burner stove with remote propane shut-off and wood cover/cutting board. Microwave 110-volt oven 110-volt outlet Pullout under counter garbage receptacle (3) Cherry pullout drawers Red step light in galley Opening port with screen Additional storage is provided outboard and under the galley sink.
- Low resistance, heavy copper and zinc anode electrical bonding system: 12-volt DC electrical system: (3) 12-volt batteries for a total of 540 amps 80-amp battery alternator Heavy-duty battery parallel switch also allows emergency starting 110-volt 30-amp AC electrical system: AC electrical distribution panel and volt and amp meters and DC sub-panel 110-volt shore power inlet, relay and shore power cord Sea Power 110-volt alternator on engine to power air conditioning unit Remote AC panel in hanging locker. Freedom 10 Heart inverter
- Yanmar 6LY2-STP 440HP diesel engine with Hamilton 292 Jet Drive, ZF transmission and Vetus 7" 12-volt bow thruster. Hinckley custom JetStick® control system is integrated with the bow thruster. Engine room sound insulation Lead-lined foam engine box insulation and double gaskets on engine box cover Engine box forced air blower Features: Hinckley JetStick® Vetus 7” electric bow thruster Lenco trim tabs Yanmar fuel filter/water separator Tachometer with engine hours gauge Fuel, oil pressure, and water temperature gauges High engine temperature alarm Low oil pressure alarm Water jet nozzle direction indicator Custom wet exhaust muffler system Oil transfer pump for engine and transmission Manual hydraulic steering pump (2) Electric 1500 GPH 12-volt bilge pumps with float switches Whale emergency bilge pump mounted in cockpit locker 12-volt automatic sump pump Aluminum 27-gallon holding tank with overboard discharge Stainless steel 6-gallon hot water heater – shore power and engine heated 12,000 BTU Air Conditioning runs off of Mobile Power 110-volt engine alternator or shore power and has ducts to the main cabin, head and pilothouse.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Hinckley Brokerage Offices: SOUTHWEST HARBOR-ME: Broker: Bob Pooler Cell: 207-460-7589 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 207-244-5531 PORTSMOUTH, RI: Office: 401-683-7005 • Brokers: Ted Gersen (CPYB) Cell: 401-338-2717 E-mail: email@example.com • Bob Jarrett (CPYB) - Cell: 203-600-8692 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ANNAPOLIS, MD: Broker: Peter Howard (CPYB) Cell: 443-852-0193 E-mail: email@example.com Office: 410-263-0193 STUART- FL: Broker: Prescott Brown Cell: 772-538-2140 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 772-403-5387 NAPLES-FL: Broker: Jack Erbes Cell: 401-418-2188 E-mail: email@example.com Office: 239-261-2879 HARBOR SPRINGS-MI: Broker: Marty Letts Cell: 231-330-3680 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 231-526-4378 CHICAGO-IL: Broker: Ryan McPheeters Cell: 312-860-9474 E-mail: email@example.com