- 42 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
4 Cabins with Queen Berths - 4 Heads w/Showers - Lots of Privacy
Newer Yanmar Diesel Engines -(400 hrs)- Onan Generator - Watermaker
Fully Air Conditioned - 5 Zones
Galley UP w/ Easy Access To Cockpit - Lots of Counter Space and Storage
Bright and Airy with Large Vertical Windows - Sliding Glass Door to Cockpit
Numerous Storage Lockers - Large U-Shaped Seating /Dining Area
Large Cockpit w/Circular Seating, Dining Table, Hard-Top Overhead, Full Cockpit Enclosure
Wide FLAT Walk Around Decks - Forward Deck with Integrated Full Bench seat - Double Tramp and Storage Lockers
Original Owner boat, this catamaran has been perfectly maintained and is regularly used - She is fully equipped for ocean crossing plus many upgrades –( She crossed the Atlantic on her own bottom), looking like new – never been chartered .
Full sets of spares for the engines and genset, watermaker etc. on board- .
Turn-key, just bring your tooth brush!
This 2008 model 420 Hybrid has been factory upgraded with brand new 40hp Yanmar diesels. Her modern and practical interior is in superb condition and appears more spacious than other catamaran models her size. Her cabin layout consists of four centre line queen beds, oriented athwart ships in the forward cabins and fore and aft in the aft cabins.
Considering all her modern amenities, including generator and air conditioning throughout, we believe that even the most demanding guest will find her extremely comfortable. Her raised helm station, which not only gives great visibility all around, but due to the close proximity of the control lines, allows for easy single-handed sailing with all lines leading to the helm station itself. The deck design facilitates safe deck movement and as much "lounging" space as any "sun lover" could wish for.
Whether you choose to cruise the Caribbean, further horizons, or keep her closer to home, This boat will satisfy the most discriminating buyer – And serve your needs.
Contact the listing broker immediately to view this outstanding vessel.
- Length................................. 42 ft .......... 12.8 meters Beam ................................24 ft 7 in ....... 7.5 meters Draft ...................................4 ft 2 in .........1.27 meters Bridge Clearance ..............64 ft 9 in ........19.7 meters Dispalcemant ..................31,800 lbs ......14.42 metric tons ENGINES: Yanmar Diesel - (2) 3JHSE 40 HP each (400 hrs) twin SD-50 sail drives Gori 3 blade folding propellers GENERATOR: Onan MDKBR 21.5 kw 60 hrz ( 2150 hours) WATERMAKER: Dessalator Duo .....100 ltr/hr- ....26 gal/hr TANKAGE: Water.........total..184 gal in 2 tanks ......... total ..697 ltr Fuel ...........total..158 gal in 2 tanks ....... total . 598 ltr Holding ..... total 80 gal in 2 tanks .......... total.. 303 ltr
- Fully Air Conditioned - Cruisaire AC - 5 Zone Sleeps Eight (4) Private Cabins - each en-suit with head and shower - each has semi center-line double berth with access from either side Forward Cabins: Semi Center line Double berths - orientated athwart ship with access from either side and drawers beneath Private shower stall forward Private head and wash basin amidships Hanging locker 2 storage lockers overhead opening hatch Fixed and opening ports Additional hanging storage system AFT CABINS: Semi Center-line Double berths orientated fore and aft Easy access from either side Drawers beneath berths Overhead opening hatch, opening side and aft ports Access to Head and shower ( second access in Starboard side companionway acts as day head)
- Vessel Walk Through
- Vessel has a large - fully enclosed - cockpit that is entered from an aft platform deck that bridges both hulls - Each hull has a sugar scoop stern with swim platform Moving into the open and bright salon, this vessel is equipped with an aft facing galley to port with 3-burner stove, dual sink, outboard storage cabinets and dual refrigerators with freezer. Forward and to port is the functional navigation station with slide out seat. Adjacent to the navigation station is an L-shaped settee with separate island settee both surrounding a large salon table - table is interchangeable with cockpit table - and can either be a low cocktail table - or standard height dining table. Both hulls have easy access from the Salon, are laid out very similar. .Starting forward, the hulls are outfitted with 2 forward cabins, one port side and one starboard. Both cabins mirror each other: each have an outboard facing queen bed with drawers below. Each cabin has an en suite shower stall most forward with toilet and hand basin in a separate en-suite area aft of the berth. These cabins have one hanging locker as well as shelving outboard. Moving most aft, there are 2 aft cabins which also are mirrors of each other. Each have a forward facing queen berth with storage drawers below, hanging locker forward, and shelf outboard. Forward of the berth is a full ensuite head with shower stall, toilet, and hand basin. The Starboard hull, aft head, has two entrances. One from the aft cabin and a second from the companionway between the cabins. This becomes a day head to be used when you have guests and do not want them to enter any of the cabins. The Port hull has two private heads without access from the companionway. There are numerous opening ports and overhead hatches for each cabin. IN addition, there are two storage compartments in the foremast sections of the hull with access hatches from the deck, and water tight bulkheads to protect the vessel in the event of a collision.
- Salon and Galley
- \ The Salon is open and bright , and is equipped with an aft facing galley to port with 3-burner stove, dual sink, outboard storage and dual refrigerators with freezer. Forward and to port is the functional navigation station with slide out seat. Adjacent to the navigation station is an L-shaped settee with island settee both surrounding a large salon table. Large vertical windows provide an abundance of light, and forward opening ports add to the flow of air through the Salon. The aft wall of the Salon has a sliding glass door and an opening glass pass through to the cockpit , which adds to the bright open feeling of the Salon. Galley in salon communicating directly with cockpit via a sliding glass bay window Standing headroom: 2 m / 6' 7" 12V halogen overhead lights White laminate counter top with wooden fiddles 3 burner stove Separate oven with grill 2 drawers Cupboard under sink with trash can behind door Storage under central seating area Overhead cupboards Additional storage areas designed for (optional) additional fridge or freezer, a dishwasher and microwave oven 1x12V fridge 135 L / 30 gal Manual fresh water foot pump - back up to pressurized system
- Electrical and Electronics
- Onam MDKBR 21.5 kw in sound shield ( 2150 hours) 110v Electric throughout the boat Back-lit 12 V Electrical panel LCD display with: voltmeter, amp-meter, water level gauge, diesel level gauge, low level alarm for diesel and water tanks. 1 Generator start battery: 12V - 70 Amp 2 Engine start batteries 12v 70 Amp (4) 4d House batteries: Gel Cell - 12V - 780 Amp/Hr 2 Battery charger 72V/12V 40A 1 Xantrex 2000 battery charger/inverter /110V AC circuit including: shore power inlet and cord, AC electrical panel with voltmeter, 1 AC outlet per cabin, 1 AC outlet in galley, 1 AC outlet in salon Halogen overhead lighting - interior and cockpit ELECTRONICS: HELM: GPS - Raymarine E-120 color Radar - Raymarine E-120 color Auto Pilot - Raymarine ST 6002 Raymarine Tri Data - (speed, depth, log) Raymarine wind direction and speed Remote VHF mic Inside Nav Station : Raymarine E-120 color GPS and Radar screen Raymarine Autopilot Joy stick steering control Raymarine ST 60+ Graphic display ( depth, speed, heading, wind speed) OTHER: JVC Stereo - AM/FM/CD with inside and cockpit speakers Sony TV in Salon Skymate weather and email Irridium satellite hone dock, KVH Trackvision M3 antenna for TV TV w DVD palyer Ipod connection cable to stereo system Masthead trricolor LED and LED anchor light
- Engine and Mechanical
- Engine access from outside hatches on each deck 2 x 40 HP Yanmar Diesels Gori folding propellers Double motor throttle control at helm station Onan 21.5 kw Generator in sound shield Motor compartment sound insulation Motor compartment air intake on aft crossbeam 12V Air exhaust fans Access to shaft seal Hot water tank - 11 Gal 110v and engine heater Watermaker - Dessalator Duo 100 ltr/hr - 26 gal/hr Cruisaire air conditioning - 5 zones
- Cockpit usable as outdoor salon, accessible via a stern walkway connecting both transoms Hard top bimini with integral lighting Self bailing cockpit with teak grate Helm station on starboard raised platform including: motor throttle controls, motor control panels, steering compass, electronic instruments leather covered steering wheel, double helm seat with cushions, access steps from cockpit with s/s handrail, 3 line storage compartments Steering system: cable steering, composite shaft rudders, emergency tiller U-shape seating area with generator & technical compartment under seat at Salon bulkhead. Varnished wooden cockpit table interchangeable with salon coffee table 1 Aft cockpit seat locker 1 Port cockpit propane locker 1 Large storage area under steering station. 2 Cockpit storage shelves Separate cockpit refrigerator and ice maker Full cockpit enclosure - clear see through on top, canvas on lower portion Full cockpit cushions with back rests Separate cockpit lounging cushion - Port side
- Hull and Deck
- A new look, a longitudinal beam that includes a small bowsprit and the mooring gear, a rigid Bimini, a tall rig, a gullwing shaped bridge deck and an overlapping Genoa. The deck is uncluttered so moving around is easy: wide side decks, flush deck hatches, plenty of lockers. The aft passerelle allows passage from one transom to the other without going back up in the cockpit. There are many ways to enjoy life on board the Lagoon 420: the cockpit with its large bench seats and a table is protected from the sun and the bad weather by a rigid bimini top with the optional sides and back panels, the twin seats helm station was designed for sailing with a reduced crew. all the control lines can be handled by one person from the helm station, freeing the other living spaces for the guests. The foredeck is exclusively dedicated to relaxation. It has a large solid seating area forward with full cushions, an additional deck area just forward of the mast, and dual trampolines for fun and relaxation. West Marine/ Zodiac 11.5' tender - Yamaha 15 HP ( optional) Plastimo 8 man lifer raft - certified Fortress Anchor with chain and rode Plow anchor on bow roller - all chain Electric Anchor Windlass w/remote Fresh water or salt water pressurized wash down Propane Bar B Que on aft deck Propane locker with 2 tanks SS davits - Electric winch for raising dinghy Double SS lifelines with opening gates port and Starbd Jackline attachments on both hulls fore and aft
- Polyester and vinylester FRP construction Foam core composite hulls - white gel coat Solid glass FRP under waterline Balsa core composite deck and bridge deck Solid or felt core composite interior FRP hull & roof liners FRP reinforced marine ply bulkheads; tabbed or glued to hull
- 1 Full batten large roach mainsail, 62 m2 / 667 sq ft. 1 Furling genoa with UV protective band, 35 m2 / 377 sq ft Asymetrical Spinaker Generker on sepatate roller furling system
- Standing and Running Rigging
- STANDING RIGGING 16,93 m / 55? 7? ft anodized aluminum deck-stepped mast with mainsail luff cars Single spreaders 1 Anodized aluminum boom 2 Shroud deck chain plates 1 Forestay chainplate on composite central rostrum RUNNING RIGGING Vessel has been set up with ALL running control lines let to helm, through jammers, for single handed sailing. These lines can either be used on the standart winch or electric winch at the helm. 1 Double purchase main halyard 1 Genoa halyard 1 Double purchase mainsheet led back to helm station, mainsheet traveler and car on hard top bimini. 2 Genoa sheets 2 Genoa sheet tracks 3 Winches at helm station: 1 Winch 46.2ST Ports side in cockpit for: - Port mainsheet traveler line - Starboard mainsheet traveler line - Port Genoa sheet 1 Electric Winch 44.2STE at the helm for: - Main halyard - Genoa halyard - Optional spinnaker halyard - Boom topping lift 1 Winch 46.2ST at the helm for - Main sheet - Reef 1 (automatic) - Reef 2 (automatic) - Reef 3 (conventional) - Starboard Genoa sheet - Genoa furling line 1 Electric Winch 44.2STE aft section of the cockpit for raising the dinghy or any other function 3 reefing lines (2 automatic and 1 conventional) Line jammers Mainsheet traveler on Cockpit hardtop 1 Fixed mainsail clew padeye 1 Genoa furler line 2 Adjustable lazy jacks 2 Winch handles with holder
- Manufacturer Provided Description
- Innovative, modern, easy to maneuver, cleverly designed, safe, fast, spacious, a boat for all the family to cruise in! This Lagoon 420 is offered with the standard 40 hp diesel engines with sail drive . Priority has been accorded to comfort when designing the interior of the Lagoon 420. Her satin finised maple woodwork and tung grooved simulated floor offer a modern and relaxing feel. Access into the saloon from the cockpit through a sliding glass door on the same level. The longitudinal galley opens directly on the cockpit, it is the most convivial and practical area, fully equipped with numerous lockers. . The layouts of the two hulls in the 4 cabin version are symmetrical: there is a central double bed in each cabin, a washroom with separate shower, large hull windows, lockers.
- Broker Comments
- The Lagoon 420 catamaran offers her owner the very latest in spacious, user friendly and ergonomic design. Her raised helm station offers great visibility and, due to the close proximity of the control lines and electric winches, allows for easy single-handed sailing. The wide deck design facilitates safe movement for even the most novice sailors as well as providing plenty of spaces for lounging. Her hard top bimini covers the entire cockpit and seamlessly joins the salon creating a space for socializing, encompassing both the salon and cockpit, offering unparalleled comfort in a 42’ cat. Her spaciousness and luxury continue below decks. Each cabin has a centreline queen berth, ensuite head and a separate shower stall. The entire interior has high ceilings with plenty of headroom, good ventilation and light. Her galley is spacious and positioned between the cockpit and salon for ease of use and sociability, with no less then three fridges and freezers you are never very far from a refreshing beverage. CHARTER OPTION: Should you be looking for an ideal vessel to put into charter, look no further; The initial, ‘new boat depreciation’ will not be yours, the initial ‘charter equipment’ investment, will not be yours either. . Here is a chance to place a very desirable and sought after layout into charter, if you so wish, and experience an ‘income’ scenario.. I look forward to answering any questions or queries and working together with any prospective buyer. - Contact the listing broker immediately to see this exceptional vessel.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.