- 46 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- V10 1100 CRM @1100 hp
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
The Viking 46 Convertible easily sets itself apart from the competition with its performance. The running surface offers the clear benefits derived from its convex deadrise shape with an aggressively raked entry and sharpened waterline sections. The convex deadrise adds form to the bottom and along with the wide beam, which carries well aft, creates increased lifting motion in a head sea. This buoyancy combined with the sea parting ability of the convex hull delivers a noticeably soft and dry entry. Running strakes along the bottom, as well as the knife-like waterline sections make spray a distant memory. The result is a big boat ride in an overall modest-size package.
Performance is further enhanced with the inclusion of weight saving features including vacuum-bagged end grain balsa in the bottom, laminated end grain balsa in the hull and top sides, as well as resin infused fiberglass fuel, freshwater and holding tanks. Prop pockets in the new hull reduce the draft to 4 ft. 5 in. with the standard MAN V8 900 mhp common rail diesels. This power package will provide 30 knot cruising speeds and a range of over 350 nautical miles. Also available are 1,100 mhp V10 MANs.
As with all Vikings, the 46 Convertible can be ordered with navigation, communication and entertainment systems provided by Atlantic Marine Electronics. Similarly, a tuna tower, drop-down electronics boxes and teaser reel compartments can be ordered through Palm Beach Towers.
All photos are manufacturer photos.
- ACCESSORY KIT BOAT SHOW ACCESSORY KIT SOFA, ULTRALEATHER 291-3609 BUFF CUSTOM HEADLINER MATERIAL THROUGHOUT BOAT GELATO SYMPHONY CARPET. SHAW- "NATURES TOUCH" #203 PALE HONEY WALLCOVERING TO BE VIKING SMART STATEROOM: [COMMON AREAS] WALLPAPER TO BE KOROSEAL CAVALLO #ML20-06 HEADS: WALLPAPER TO BE KOROSEAL CAVOLLO STRIA #MS20-06 BARS STOOLS IN ULTRALEATHER 291-2556 ADMIRAL WITH ULTRALEATHER 291-3609 BUFF WELT
- Accommodations include standard two staterooms (or three staterooms optional) and two heads. The master stateroom features a queen-size walk around berth with an upholstered headboard and teak end tables, with door and drawer stowage, a large maple-lined hanging locker, an entry credenza, a 22-inch flat screen television, Xenon overhead lighting, air conditioning with reverse cycle heating and plush carpeting. A private head is forward and highlighted by a spacious and sizeable stall shower in the bow. The guest stateroom to port offers the convenience of comfortable upper and lowers berths along with the second head and stall shower. The stacked laundry center is located in the companionway. Taking advantage of the yacht’s generous beam, the salon is warm, inviting, and fully accented with beautiful teak joinery in either high gloss or satin finishes. The layout outshines anything in its class with a roomy island and twin bar stools in the walk-through galley. Counter space topped with polished Corian hints at the sizeable stowage space below, including under counter refrigeration in slide out drawers. Other appliances are concealed behind teak cabinetry. A plush L-shaped sofa to port has rod stowage below and the dinette is forward. The main backlit electrical panel is at eye level upon entering the salon for ease of use and the home entertainment system includes a 37-inch flat screen television, Bose LS18 DVD/CD player, VCR and FM stereo with surround sound and powered subwoofer.
- SALON: CARPET RUNNER, FULL, CANVAS RUNNER W/ STEP COVERS TEAK STRIPS IN BETWEEN HEAD LINER PANELS GALLEY: COUNTERTOP TO BE CORIAN COLOR: TUMBLEWEED COMPANIONWAY: COMPANIONWAY, COSTA, CANVAS CARPET VERTICAL TEAK STRIPS BETWEEN WALL PANELS IN COMPANIONWAY WASHER AND DRYER COMBO UNIT-MW VP# 553444 MASTER STATEROOM: MATTRESS TO BE SYSTEM#3 UPGRADE (QUEEN) MASTER STATEROOM HEAD: CORIAN VANITY COUNTERTOP WITH BONE SINK (COLOR: ) TUMBLEWEED; POLISHED PORT HEAD: CORIAN VANITY COUNTERTOP WITH BONE SINK (SPECIFY COLOR) TUMBLEWEED; POLISHED
- FLYBRIDGE: FIBERGLASS HARDTOP with Molded-in Quartz Lights FIBERGLASS HELM POD ELECTRONIC SINGLE-LEVER CONTROLS FOR HELM POD (6) ROD ROCKET LAUNCHER JUMPSEAT BACKREST OPEN FB: COSTA, ENCLOSURE, THREE SIDED FRONT AND SIDES TEMP MOUNT HORNS UNDER BRIDGE 3-POSITION SWITCH FOR OVERHEAD LIGHTS IN HARDTOP PREP & PREWIRE FOR ELECTRIC TEASER REELS ZF ENGINE CONTROLS OPEN FB: COSTA, COSTA CLEAR ON FRONT AND SIDES OF ENCLOSURE COCKPIT: REFRIGERATED COCKPIT STEP BOX TRANSOM COAMING WITH GATE AND WITH TRANSOM FISH BOX SPLIT LID FOR COCKPIT FISH BOX IPO STD ONE-PIECE LID DECK/EXT: LEWMAR V2 SS WINDLASS (GYPSY AND DRUM) SALON FORWARD WINDOW MASK NO WARRANTY ON COSMETIC FINISH PAINT RUB RAIL WHITE HULL: BOTTOM PAINT VIKING BLUE BOOT STRIPE VIKING STD BLUE
- The flying bridge is designed for serious tournament fishing, but the socializing aspects have not been overlooked either. A pair of Murray Products helm chairs with teak ladder backs and stainless steel pedestals is standard. A Moritz safety monitoring system keeps the operator informed with audible and visual alarms, as well as confirming that yacht systems are functioning properly. Raised electronic cases with clear acrylic fronts keep navigation equipment in full view throughout all weather conditions. Additional boxes flanking the helm accommodate communication equipment and accessory switches. Power-assisted hydraulic steering and single-lever electronic engine controls respond instantly for superb control throughout the power band. Special touches include hidden fasteners for a seamless appearance, lounge seating forward and starboard with stowage below, plus an aft facing jump seat. Refrigeration also is available for the insulated drink box.
- Whether cruising or fishing, the 121 square feet cockpit is ready for action and fun with its observation mezzanine. Topped with comfy Sunbrella cushions, the seating area also houses a bait freezer, stowage compartments and engine room access. A tackle cabinet, an insulated drink box in the salon step, stereo speakers, indirect rope lighting beneath the rounded coaming, gaff stowage, four flush rod holders, a Glendinning Cablemaster, recessed wells for fish and stowage, a transom door with lift gate, a fresh and a raw water washdown system are but a sample of the standard equipment list.
- Mechanical Equipment and Engine Room
- POWER: MAN V10 1100 CRM - 1100 MHP (MAN 2840-423) ENG RM: DUAL POWER STEERING PUMPS IPO OF STANDARD SINGLE ON PORT ENGINE BILGE: AWLGRIP ANCHOR LOCKER In the engine room, Viking’s engineering benchmarks are industry famous. Engines are mounted to powder-coated structural steel web frame beds that are secured to intermediate vacuum bagged composite bulkheads, which ensure drive train alignment for silky smooth trolling and minimal vibration. A 17.5 kW Onan generator supplies electrical power underway and a voltage stabilizer isolation transformer delivers clean dockside power. For dry engine combustion air to maximize performance, there is a Delta T ventilation system with supply and discharge fans for proper fresh air supply and water intrusion suppression. The engine room is painted in bright white Awlgrip for easier maintenance and all daily engine fluid checks are inboard for accessibility.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- For more information, call our Viking Specialists! Dave Hirshberg * Naples, FL * 239-289-6098 Ron Hirshberg * Tampa / Sarasota * 941-545-6212 Jimmy Azzolini * Destin, FL * 850-259-3246 Stan Hoynowski * Orange Beach, Al * 850-596-1645 Randy Bright * Houston, TX * 713-816-2165 Galati Yacht Sales has been committed to exceeding the expectations of its customers for more than 42 years, and we understand that purchasing a boat is a big decision. Our professional staff is here to assist you in every way – before, during and after the sale. Please feel free to contact us with any questions that you may have. Helpful Links: Finance | Insurance | Deals and Specials | Sell Your Yacht