- 42 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
"Toddy’s Joy" is a 1993 Grand Banks 42 Classic that has embodied the phrase "Pride of Ownership" so often heard of many Grand Bank Owners. After 40 years of manufacturing the GB 42 Classic Trawler model, you will be hard-pressed to find a nicer 42 built from this era.
Built on the classic trawler layout with aft master cabin and ensuite head, salon, galley and helm amidships over the engine room and guest cabin forward with head. Powered by the most preferred Twin CAT 3208 TA engines @ 375HP. She is built on a semi displacement hull which is easily driven from upper or lower helm stations her performance is ideal for optimum fuel economy and range seen with most Trawlers yet capable of higher speeds when required due to the larger CAT engine package. Grand Banks is known for their top quality, full superstructure construction along with some of the best teak joinery work industry-wide.
- "Toddy’s Joy" is a 1993 Grand Banks 42 Classic that has embodied the phrase "Pride of Ownership" so often heard of many Grand Bank Owners. After 40 years of manufacturing the GB 42 Classic Trawler model you will be hard-pressed to find a nicer 42 built from this era. Built on the classic trawler layout with aft master cabin and ensuite head, salon, galley and helm amidships over the engine room and guest cabin forward with head. Powered by the most preferred Twin CAT 3208 TA engines @ 375HP. She is built on a semi displacement hull which is easily driven from upper or lower helm stations her performance is ideal for optimum fuel economy and range seen with most Trawlers yet capable of higher speeds when required due to the larger CAT engine package. Grand Banks is known for their top quality, full superstructure construction along with some of the best teak joinery work industry-wide.
- Vessel Walkthrough
- One boards "Toddy’s Joy" and her classic 42 layout through either side of the boarding gates. Entering the main deck the galley will be found forward to port and lower helm across to starboard. Aft to Starboard is the L-settee with large versatile Teak table. Across to port is the entertainment center and settee which converts to a single bunk. Three steps down to aft is the master cabin with centerline island queen berth. There are split ensuite head and shower compartments in the master stateroom. Down three steps from the forward salon is the guest cabin with v-berth and head with shower. The interior is constructed with solid and veneer teak and off white laminate. The soles throughout are solid teak parquet. Steps on the aft cabin trunk deliver one to the aft coach roof deck where a tender can be stored. Continuing up the stairs is a large entertainment flybridge with built in seating and teak table aft as well as forward at the helm area. The bridge is protected by a Sunbrella bimini top and full enclosure, along with covers for all seating and deck areas.
- The salon is a fabulous living space with a forest green L-shaped lounge and opposite loveseat couch. Large windows covered with curtains and blinds can also offer great light and visibility while underway. The galley, lower helm station, settee/dinette and entertainment center share this space. There is a built in bar cabinet with ice maker, bottle and tumbler storage. Storage is abundant with numerous drawers and lockers. The lower helm area offers full instrumentation, AC/DC electrical panel and other system controls. (Portable helm sats is stowed forward) Entertainment center with TV and stereo Teak leaf table with bottle and magazine storage underneath Air conditioning/heat (3 units) Opening windows with curtains Custom upholstery Loveseat couch (2) matching teak side chairs Bar with ice maker Includes wine glasses
- The galley is setup portside to the salon in an open social environment on this classic 42 GB. Fabulous lighting and ease of use. NOTE: The entire refrigeration unit, including freezer was replaced 1 ½ years ago with NEW Grunnert units including dual thermostats and holding plate in freezer. Newer Grunnert refrigeration box (2010) front load insulated Newer Grunnert freezer box (2010) side loaded insulated Seaward electric stove 3-burner with oven and broiler, 240v/AC Microwave oven, Princess 110v/AC Extensive kitchen equipment, table service Galley vent
- Master Stateroom
- Storage Storage Storage along with Centerline queen berth is what best describes the master stateroom of "Toddy’s Joy". The full beam aft master is a comfortable walkaround stateroom with extensive drawers and lockers for liveaboard storage. The vanity/desk is accented with storage and the hanging locker is cedar lined with louvered doors. The ensuite head and shower compartments are separated. Head compartment with VacuFlush head and vanity Shower compartment with lockers and teak grate, sump Entryway to aft deck Overhead lighting Opening SS cabin house ports with screens Brass reading lights Hanging locker large double wide, cedar lined
- Guest Stateroom
- Forward is the V-berth guest stateroom with filler cushion, large hanging locker and generous storage in drawers and lockers. Ensuite head includes shower and Groco raw water toilet and vanity. Hanging locker Drawers Head compartment with hand shower Groco head Opening SS cabin house ports with screens Deck hatch with screen Reading lights
- Electronics and Navigational Equipment
- Raymarine C120 GPS/chartplotter/radar– upper helm Raymarine C80 GPS/chartplotter/ lower helm Datamarine depth finder – upper and lower VHF Icom IC-M125 – upper and lower Simrad autopilot-AP16-upper Alpine CD player/radio – lower Danforth compass (2) Co2 12 volt alarms (2) Loudspeaker horn/hailer Trim tabs Navionic Charts – SE USA & Bahamas
- Electrical Equipment
- (2) 120V/50amp/AC shore power supply cords 50' and 25’ cord bow and stern hookups with three pigtails 12v/DC ships power Battery charger Marine air conditioning/heat (3 zone) two are four years old, one is new Engine alternators (2) Navigation lights 12v/DC AC outlets DC outlets Battery's two 8D engines one-4D for genset AC/DC distribution panel
- Mechanical Equipment
- Twin Cat 3208 TA 375 HP engines -3,579 hrs Oil change system Northern Lights 9.0 kW generator (971hrs)-NEW 2009
- Hull and Deck
- Teak decking Teak hand rails varnished Teak cap rails varnished Teak transom varnished Mast with boom and winch SS teak chocks for tender aft coach house roof Bimini top FB navy sunbrella Full enclosure FB FB weather cloths and covers Bumper storage Teak swim platform CQR plow anchor- starboard windlass with 140' 3/8 chain with bow and helm controls Max adjustable port side windlass anchor with 125' nylon rode Extensive canvas covers Lazarette locker, large single Spare parts and maintenance items SS grill Hot/cold O/S stem shower Large deck storage box (2)
- Broker's Comments
- TODDY’S JOY's CURRENT OWNER HAS OWNED AND OPERATED THE VESSEL FOR 9 YEARS as her third owner. First two owners kept this 42' Grand Banks in same Boca Raton, Florida marina next to Grand Banks Dealership where all maintenance took place. This Grand Banks Classic yacht has completed several passages between the Gulf Coast States and the Bahamas. Sept 2012 New 8D Batteries!!
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Galati Yacht Sales has been committed to exceeding the expectations of its customers for more than 42 years, and we understand that purchasing a boat is a big decision. Our professional staff is here to assist you in every way – before, during and after the sale. Please feel free to contact us with any questions that you may have. Helpful Links: Finance | Insurance | Deals and Specials | Sell Your Yacht