- 55 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- V12 1400CRM
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
With an unprecedented industry track record of launching six new boats in the past two model years, the Viking Yacht Company is once again poised to make waves with still another new model, this time the 55 Convertible, slated for an early summer 2012 launch.
With every one of its premieres, Viking pushes the evolutionary envelope and this new 55 Convertible showcases timeless style, long the trademark of the company’s fleet that ranges from 42 to 92 feet.
Sleek and sporty with nary a straight line in evidence the 55 Convertible’s profile is constantly in motion bow to stern from the aggressive rake at the stem to the gentle crown of the transom. In between, the metallic black windshield mask and molded feature lines in the flying bridge and deckhouse accent its fluid proportions with eye-pleasing devotion.
As with all Viking yachts, the new Viking 55 Convertible can be ordered with complete Atlantic Marine Electronics navigation and entertainment packages, and tuna towers and other specialty aluminum and fiberglass fabrications from Palm Beach Towers.
Note: All photo's are manufacturers photo's.
- The new 55 Convertible benefits from this long-standing tradition and the proof is evident the moment you enter the roomy salon through the fiberglass sliding door in the cockpit. The William Bales and Company interior is like being on the pages of Architectural Digest. An L-shaped lounge to port has rod and general stowage underneath and is perfectly situated to view the 42-inch flat screen television, which overlooks a spacious dinette opposite the galley. Together, these features meld a most inviting interior ideal for relaxing, entertaining or campaigning on the tournament trail for weeks at a time. Built into the galley island with dual egress are Sub-Zero refrigeration and freezer units, while comfortable bar stools add useful and stylish practicalities. Viking craftsmanship and signature joinery work is evident throughout the salon, which features random teak varnished with a high gloss or satin finish for a rich, better than custom ambience. Abundant stowage is a given, yet the 55 Convertible takes this feature to the next level with honeycomb cored doors to help shed unnecessary pounds for speed and efficiencies under way. Similarly, granite surfaces utilize a strong, lightweight core for earthen beauty minus weight. An available peninsula galley counter also is available, which adds additional refrigerator capacity. Below, the three-stateroom, two-head layout maximizes the use of space for comfort and privacy. The master and forward staterooms each have queen-size berths with custom inner-spring mattresses and private access to the heads with spacious fiberglass shower stalls with built in molded seats. Crossover berths also are available in the forward cabin. The port stateroom features side-by-side berths with private head access. The washer and dryer in the companionway are conveniently complemented with a nearby spacious linen locker. OPTIONAL LAYOUT: Fwd. stateroom layout: VIP crossover forward
- The flying bridge with its center console command station features power-assisted hydraulic steering, single-lever electronic controls, and electronic trolling valves. Electronics stow neatly beneath clear acrylic panels, protected from the most severe conditions yet always within an easy glance. A Moritz safety monitor includes visual and audible alarms for ship and engine systems. A pair of Murray Products teak ladder back helm seats on polished stainless-steel pedestals is standard. Additional seating can be found forward of the helm console and adjacent on port and starboard lounges, each with removable jump seat backrests and rod stowage below. A sink with fresh water and an insulated drink box add creature comforts and cruise conveniences.
- Every inch of the 151 square-foot cockpit earns its keep with form that follows function. The flying bridge overhang provides shade and spray protection over the observation mezzanine. Built into the mezzanine deck, which features custom Sunbrella cushions is a freezer, stowage compartments, tackle space, a step-box cooler and engine room access. The lower level cockpit is fish ready with raw and fresh water wash-down systems, four flush rod holders, in-deck fish, and stowage boxes, convertible to an available live well or ice chipper container, a molded transom box, side locker stowage for tag sticks and gaffs, rounded comings, a molded nonslip sole, and a walk-through transom door with lift gate.
- Mechanical Equipment and Engine Room
- Mechanically, the new Viking 55 Convertible is peerless in construction and performance. Viking’s industry innovative powder-coated structural steel web-frame engine beds secured to dedicated intermediate bulkheads isolate torque and vibration to reduce engine noise and ensure drive-train alignment. All bulkheads including these as well as the main engine room and forward bulkheads are vacuumed-bagged with composite materials for strength and durability. Custom high-speed stainless-steel rudders utilize composite drip-less seal rudder bearings that are laminated into the hull for smoother handling easily discernable at the helm. The Delta-T engine room ventilation system incorporates supply and discharge fans for proper air supply and water intrusion suppression. A comprehensive gauge package, plus remote engine start/stop switches are accessible immediately inside the engine room access door. In addition to high capacity bilge pumps, clean out pumps in the keel area, plus additional condensate pumps for the air conditioning and refrigeration systems help keep the bilge dry. All bilge areas are sealed with Awlgrip coatings for visibility and easier maintenance, as are brass thru-hull fittings in the engine room, lazarette and forward bilge areas. Prop pockets help to reduce draft and there is a transducer location molded into the solid reinforced keel for better discrimination in all sea states. A 21.5 kW Onan genset is standard. Several engine packages from MAN and Caterpillar with horsepower ratings from 2,720 mhp to 3,650 mhp are offered with the new Viking 55 Convertible.
- Standard Equuipment
- Viking One Year Limited Warranty Gloss Finish Throughout Eng. Rm: Fuel Priming Pumps 24V FB: Electronic Trolling Valves FB: Recessed Electronics Boxes FB: Removable Flybridge Jump seat Backrest Galley: Undercounter Refrigerator & Freezer w/Drawers Salon: Electronic Panel Up Salon: Viking Home Theater Salon: Cocktail Table Salon: Teak Entertainment Center Top Décor: Prestige Décor Delivery: Water Delivery Kit w/Tool Set Eng. Rm: Awlgrip Brass Thru-Hulls & Sea Strainers Eng. Rm: Fuel Filters Snow White Eng. Rm: Run Line from Oil Change System to CP Dockbox Eng. Rm: 110V Outlet on Aft Bulkhead at Entryway Eng. Rm: Paint all Pumps Snow White Except Fresh Water Hull: Oval Exhaust Outlets Hull: Fiberglass Side Thru Hulls Heads: Sealand Head System Hull: Prop Pockets to Reduce Draft Gen: Overboard Discharge for all Heads Bilge: Awlgrip Fwd. Bilge & Anchor Locker Bilge: Install Magnetic Switches for all Bilge Lights FB: Push Button Catches for Electronics FB: Fresh Water Outlet on Bridge FB: Install Bridge without Exposed fasteners FB: Buell Air Horns FB: VHF Radio Icom-604 CP: Mezzanine CP: Awlgrip Lazarette CP: Freezer Storage in Mezzanine Seat CP: Storage Lockers Under Port & Starboard coamings CP: White/Blue Rope Lighting Under Gunwale CP: Tri-Colored LED Lights in CP Overhang CP: Y Valve for Fresh and Saltwater Washdowns in Cockpit Deck/Ext: Fresh Water Washdown at Bow Anchor Locker Deck/Ext: Recessed Trim Tab Covers Deck/Ext: Side Mounted Handrails that Follow Top Salon Window Galley: Sub-Zero Combo Unit w/Top Drawer Fridge Galley; 110V Outlet Next to Switch on Bottom of Cabinet Galley: 3-Burner Recessed Range Galley: Amtico Flooring in Galley - Herringbone Salon: Dimmers for Quartz Lights Salon: Wire Box Teak Salon: Dinette Dimmers on Overhead Low Voltage AC Lights Salon: Teak Trim Where Amtico Floor Meets Carpet Salon: Amtico Flooring at Salon Entranceway Dinette: Teak Table w/Teak Pedestal Salon: Teak Valances MSR: Teak End Table Tops MSR Head: One Piece Frameless Shower Door MSR Head: Amtico Flooring - Herringbone MSR Head: Chrome Shower Door Hardware MSR Head: Mirror around Upper Vanity MSH: Shower Fixtures Satin Nickel MSH: Towel Bars & Rings Brushed Nickel MSH: Faucet Satin Nickel FSR: Mattresses #1 Upgrade FSR: Teak Face on Lower Vanity FSR: Amtico Flooring - Herringbone FSR: Dimmers for Overhead Low Voltage A/C Lights FSH: Satin Nickel Shower Fixtures FSH: Brushed Nickel Towel Bars & Rings FSH: Satin Nickel Faucet FSH: Mirror around Upper Vanity Insert Port SR: Mattress System #1 Upgrade Port SR: Dimmer Overhead Lights Décor: Wrapped Hatch Carpet Installation Décor: Custom Wallpaper Material Décor: Custom Wallpaper Installation Décor: Custom Headliner Material Thru-out(Moccasin Chamois) Décor: Brushed Nickel Hardware Thru-out Décor: Brushed Nickel Coverplates for Switches & Receptacles Décor: LED Interior Lights Thru-out Décor Item: Fabrica, Knob Hill KH-06 Bumpy Décor Item: Bar Stools Ultraleather Brisa Distressed Saddle
- Deck Lower teak deck- picture framed around border perimeter with new continuous piano hinges and slim line style stainless deck pulls. Installation of hatch pistons Mezzanine 1 Mezzanine Viking preferred style with 10/4” Bull nose and 1” round over. Will raise and install new hinges as required to accommodate border and stay within 1" paint gutter. Teak Ladder Treads 6 Teak Ladder Treads 6’4” material
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- For more information, call our Viking Specialists! Dave Hirshberg * Naples, FL * 239-289-6098 Ron Hirshberg * Tampa / Sarasota * 941-545-6212 Jimmy Azzolini * Destin, FL * 850-259-3246 Stan Hoynowski * Orange Beach, Al * 850-596-1645 Randy Bright * Houston, TX * 713-816-2165 Galati Yacht Sales Business Office offers Financing through numerous Marine Lending Sources, Extended Service Protection Plans, Insurance Quotes and Vessel Registration or Titling. We understand that purchasing a boat is a big decision so we’re rolling out the red carpet for you by taking care of all your needs from beginning to closing, saving you time and money. To visit our Business Office, Click Here Galati Yacht Sales voted #1 North American Dealer twice by Boating Industry magazine! Our mission remains "To consistently exceed the expectations of our customers." Always open at galatiyachts.com, Click Here