- 50 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- V12 @1360 hp
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
HUGE PRICE REDUCTION - CALL TODAY FOR DETAILS!
The stem of the 50 Convertible is raked aggressively to slice through head seas for a comfortable ride offshore. The foredeck, the black-masked deckhouse, and the cockpit are tastefully proportioned. Its sleek profile is elegant, yet stalwart. In short, the Viking 50 Convertible is a winner.
With power-assisted hydraulic steering and an optional electronic engine controls, the Viking 50 Convertible responds with the reflexes of a gold medalist Olympian and is a joy to handle. Standard power is MAN CRM 1,100 mhp diesels and with a standard fuel load will provide 32-knot cruise speeds and a top end of 36 knots depending upon prevailing conditions and the sea state. This boat is equipped with the upgraded power package with MAN CRM 1,360 mhp engines to increase the cruise speed to 36 knots and to provide a top end of 40 knots depending upon load and existing conditions. Fuel capacity is 1,000 gallons, and an auxiliary tank increases capacity to 1,200 gallons. Fuel, as well as water and waste tanks, are made of fiberglass by Viking technicians with exclusive resin infusion process and are designed to mirror the hull bottom for maximum draw from the tank capacity. Tanks are mounted low to maintain the boat’s center of gravity and are fiberglassed into place to contribute additional strength to the hull structure.
- The salon is a showcase of discerning design. Entered through a sliding fiberglass door from the cockpit, the rich teak joinery with a choice of high gloss or satin finish and plush designer furnishings provide a most welcome retreat for relaxing and entertaining. A walk-through galley with a convenient Corian-topped island and a pair of bar stools serves as the focal point. The galley has undercounter sliding drawer refrigeration, an electric cooktop, microwave/convection oven, a high-gloss Corian countertop and custom Amtico flooring. To port, an inviting L-shaped lounge with stowage below is accented with a convenient teak cocktail table, while forward the dinette seats four comfortably. Cool air flows from concealed registers behind the valances for better distribution and a home-theater entertainment system features a 37-inch flat screen television. The three-stateroom, two-head layout offers generous comfort and privacy for six. In the master stateroom there is a queen-sized walk around berth with an upholstered head board, mattress and lift top, which exposes plenty of stowage below, reading lights, a large maple-lined hanging locker and an entertainment system. The privately accessed head has Amtico vinyl flooring, a teak-faced Corian counter with built-in sink, a fiberglass shower stall with seat and an electric MSD. Port and forward guest staterooms each offer the flexibility of upper and lower berths and share the second head. A laundry center is located adjacent to the companionway steps. Featuring 132 square-feet of usable space, the cockpit is packed with every element you need to take your place in the Winner’s Circle. The standard equipment list is as long as a submarine canyon is deep and includes stainless-steel flush rod holders, fresh and sea-water washdown systems, a walk-through transom door with gate, rounded coamings, molded nonslip, gaff and tag stick stowage, and an insulated recessed fish box and stowage wells. Viking’s popular observation mezzanine creates two distinct cockpit areas, which allows the crew freedom to move about in the lower area for fishing, while providing guests an unobstructed view of the action. The mezzanine also benefits from shade and spray protection thanks to the flying bridge overhang. Built into the mezzanine are tackle stowage, an under-mounted bait freezer and engine room access. For added convenience, an insulated cool box for drinks is built into the salon step. Visibility at the helm is excellent thanks to the moderate bridge wings and a well-designed console with a custom-styled control pod. A pair of Murray Products teak ladder back helm seats with stainless-steel pedestals is standard and there is ample room to move about behind the seats. Electronics fit neatly in weather-protected pods on top of the molded fiberglass console and with clear acrylic fronts and live rubber gaskets to create a tight seal to repel water are viewable in all sea conditions. Compare a Viking’s navigation and fishing electronics console to anything else on the water and the difference in utility, practicality and appearance is immediately apparent. It’s just another example of how Viking design and engineering is often imitated but never equaled. Further, Viking’s mantra to constantly improve and further enhance a design is clearly seen with the additional space for communication equipment and accessory switches available to both sides of the stainless-steel wheel. Vinyl cushions top the lounges ahead of the helm station and to starboard. The starboard lounge also features an aft-facing jump seat for watching baits and the lid lifts to expose a convenient stowage compartment. A cooler box on the bridge can be ordered with refrigeration. The option provides for a dual thermostat so the box can serve as either a refrigerator or freezer box as required. Systems throughout the engine room are numerous, yet prove to be a quick learn for ease of operation. Electrical power under way is supplied by a 17.5 kW generator, while at the dock a voltage stabilizer isolation transformer delivers consistent and clean voltage to protect refrigeration, air conditioning and other sensitive electrically-powered components whether you are tied up in a fancy stateside marina or alongside a rickety pier in the boondocks. For ease of maintenance, the machinery space is finished in bright, white Awlgrip. To keep the engine room dry and provide clean fresh air for engine combustion, as well as prevent water intrusion, a Delta-T ventilation system with supply and discharge fans is standard. Wiring is neat and precision like. Fittings are clearly labeled and maintenance points are easy to access. A gauge package at the entrance door in the mezzanine consists of a tachometer, water temperature and oil pressure, and start and stop switches for each engine. For stability and sea keeping ability, the running surface incorporates a convex deadrise shape matched to a finely raked entry with sharpened waterline sections. The convex deadrise adds curvature and form to the hull bottom and the wide beam carries aft to increase the lifting motion in a seaway. This allows for a soft, subtle re-entry into the water for ride comfort and dryness.
- Standard Equipment
- Layout: Gloss Finish Throughout Three Staterooms with Island Galley Salon: 37" Flat Screen TV Custom Amitico Flooring Teak Valances Viking Home Theater Galley: 3-Burner Recessed Range Amitico Flooring W752 White Oak w/1/8" B-Walnut Strip High Polished Corian Countertop Undercounter Refrigerator & Freezer w/Drawers Dinette: Teak Table w/Teak Pedestal Master Stateroom: 22" Flat Screen TV Mattress System #3 Upgrade Forward Stateroom: Mattresses System #1 Upgrade Upper & Lower Bunks Heads: Sealand Head System Hull: Oval Exhaust Outlets (Linear Exhaust) Flybridge: Fresh Water Outlet on Bridge VHF Radio ICOM-604 Cockpit: Awlgrip Lazarette Mezzanine Cockpit Transom Swim Steps Provide Freezer Storage in Mezzanine Seat Deck/Ext: Fresh Water Washdown at Bow inside Anchor Locker Side Mount Handrails that Follow Top of Salon Window Mezzanine: Viking Std. Sunbrella 7765 Rib Antique Brass Engine Room: Fuel Filters Snow White Generator Gas-Water Separator
- Optional Equipment
- Power: MAN V12 1360 CRM-1360 MHP Companionway, Costa, Canvas Carpet Costa Enclosure 3 - Sided Décor: Accessory Package Salon Carpet Runner, Full, Canvas Companionway: Vertical Teak Strips Costa Clear Front Three Panels of Enclosure Costa Zippered Vents Top of Front Panels Enclosure FSR: Custom Pillow Roll MSR: Custom Carved Headboard MSR: Custom Pillow Roll Salon: Door Damper "First Mate" Teak Strips at Seams in Headliner Master Stateroom: Hardwire Night Table Lamps Hull: Additional Fuel Tank Forward (Total 2 Tanks) Cockpit: Live Well in Sole Plumb Transom Box as Livewell WO Window & Lt Refrigerated Bridge Drink Box Transom Coaming w/Gate & Transom Fishbox (2) Rod Holders in Each Haunch (Total 4) Prep & Prewire for Crushed Ice Machine Split Lid for Cockpit Fish Box Deck/Ext: Lewmar V2 SS Windless (GYPSY and Drum) Salon Fwd Window Mask-No Cosmetic Warr Flybridge: (6) Rod Rocket Launcher Electronic Single Lever Controls Helm POD Release Teak Helm POD Fiberglass Hardtop Custom Install Drop Down Radio Box in Hardtop Drip Dry Foam for Cushions (IPO Standards) Prep & Prewire for Electric Teaser Reels Outriggers, Rupp w/Spreaders Engine Room: Backup Pump for Seawater Prep & Prewire for Watermaker
- Atlantic Marine Electronics Package
- Radar Plotter Furuno Navnet 3D 12.1 LCD MFD12 Furuno Navnet 3D DRS12A A2KW 72NM Array 6' Furuno XN13A/6, GPS Ant. Furuno GP330 Plotter Furuno NAVNET 3D 12.1 LCD MFD12 GPS Antenna Furuno GP330B NAVNET Peripherals Sirius SAT Weather Module BBWX2 Sounder Furuno NAVNET 3D 1-3KW Video Sounder DFF3 XDCR 2KW 50KHZ Furuno CA50BL-12HR XDCR 2KW 200KHZ Rubber Coated Furuno CA200B-8B Autopilot Simrad AP2403, AP24: AC12/RF300/RC42/RPU-80 Simkit-2 Simrad T-Joiner VHF VHF Radio ICOM IC-M604 Black AIS Furuno FA-30 Black Box 12/24 VDC
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- For more information, call to speak with a Viking Specialist! Call - 888-203-0354 Galati Yacht Sales has been committed to exceeding the expectations of its customers for more than 42 years, and we understand that purchasing a boat is a big decision. Our professional staff is here to assist you in every way – before, during and after the sale. Please feel free to contact us with any questions that you may have. Helpful Links: Finance | Insurance | Deals and Specials | Sell Your Yacht