- 40 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Captain Choise Gas engines
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
Aquila is a true "one of a kind" picnic boat...In the custom division, if you can dream it, they can buid it" She was commissioned as a fully custom Hacker Craft, designed for the owner to enjoy the waters off Martha's Vineyard. Kept in Chappaquiddick, she ahs been the envy of many people as she graced the waterways with vintage style while complimented by the benefits of modern technology, materials and design.
The custom hard top, with nearly 7 feet of headroom is a unique addition to this Hacker Craft. Her generous windows and wooden top provide great protection from the elements, should the weather turn nasty.
In the aft part of the cockpit, there is a unique table (knock -down) which is secured to removable deck mounted stanchions, providing a dinign surface for the geusts in wrap aounrd U-shped sofa.
Aquila is a beautiful vintage style picnic boat that will stand out among any picnice boat in the harbor.
- " AQUILA" was commissioned in 2005 and custom built by Hacker Craft. It is a 40' vintage style, gentleman's picnic boat with very unique features and design elements. Aquila has a unique deck house providing excellent cover and visibility, ideal for traversing the waterways of New England, Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket. This structure provides ample headroom (approx 7 Feet) and space for 6-8 people. Another unique feature of this vessel is the twin jet drives capable of significant speeds while maintaining an ability to operate in shallow water. The Jet Drives are also the safest option for family and friends who want to swim off her generous swim platform and provide unique maneuverability options for tight areas and docking situations.
- There is a center companionway that gives access to the accomodations below. To starboard is a generous mahogany counter top with a hot/cold water sink/upper/lower shelving and dual cabinets below. To prt Aquila has bi-fold doors, which enclose the head and small water shower.
- To starboard, there is a small sink with hot and cold water, a counter area with dual cabinets and upper/lower shelves.
- Hull, Deck & Cockpit
- Hull is constructed with 1/4 inch mahogany planks 6" wide laid diagonally crossing each other with epoxy between, covered with 1/2" Honduras mahogany also with epoxy, over white oak frames. Boat Decks and Interior are all Mahogany. Cockpit has a HUGE U-Shaped wrap around sofa in the aft part of the cockpit. There is also a “knock down” dining table that fits perfectly in the center of the U-shaped sofa, transforming it into a generous dining/entertaining area. Fore of that are dual (2) split double sided bench seats with fully upholstered backs. In between the fore and aft bench seats are an ample counter like space to port and an insulated built in cooler to starboard. The helm station is to starboard with dual passenger bench seats to port
- Mechanical Equipment
- Twin Crusader Captains choice 8.1 MPI Engines Doen DJ105 “Twin Disc” Jet Drives DOEN JRS Jet Controls MORSE Throttle Controls Windlass Power Winch Anchor w/ helm toggle control Raritan Water Heater Integrated “Sea Firs” Auto Fire Extinguishing System
- Electrical Equipment
- JRC Plot 500F Color LCD Chart Plotter & Fish Finder Clarion Radio AM/FM Stereo with 6 Waterproof Clarion Speakers Mounted around the helm station & cockpit Clarion Multi-Disk CD Changer
- About Hacker Carft
- “Their legacy is that of John L. Hacker [1877-1961]--the unchallenged preeminent naval architect of wooden pleasure crafts of the last century. From captains of industry to celebrities and racers--a handcrafted Hacker was the ideal and remains so today. His designs would easily make a who's who list of the greatest wooden boats ever built i.e. Pardon Me, Thunderbird, El Largart, Bootlegger, Peerless, Dolphin. Kitty Hawk, Belle Isle Bear Cats, My Sweetie, to name a few. Today, they build runabouts, sport boats, launches, utilities, commuters and water taxis from 20 to 42 feet. They use the design plans of the company's founder--John L. Hacker. Many of the models look like classic original Hacker-Crafts above the water, but improvements have been made throughout thanks to improved modern boat building techniques and materials. In their custom division, if you can dream it, we can build it. ….Hacker-Crafts have been named by Forbes Magazine FYI as being "50 of America's Best" products. Hackers are built for hard use. Take care of a Hacker-Craft, it can be a boat for a lifetime, a boat that can endure through generations and holds its value.”
- Brokers Remarks
- Aquila is a true “one of a kind” picnic boat. “… . In the custom division, if you can dream it, they can build it.” She was commissioned as a fully custom Hacker Craft, designed for the owner to enjoy the waters off Martha’s Vineyard. Kept in Chappaquiddick, she has been the envy of many people as she graced the waterways with vintage style while complimented by the benefits of modern technology, materials and design. The custom hard top, with nearly 7 feet of headroom is a unique addition to this Hacker Craft. Her generous windows and wooden top provide great protection from the elements, should the weather turn nasty. In the aft part of cockpit, there is a unique table (knock-down), which is secured to removable deck mounted stanchions, providing a dining surface for the guests in the wrap around U-shaped sofa. Aquila is a beautiful vintage style picnic boat that will stand out among any picnic boat in the harbor.
- Please Contact Bartram & Brakenhoff: (954)779-7377 Email: email@example.com