BLACK BEAUTY is one o fthe most exquisitely restored classic wooden vessels anywhere. If what you are seeking is world-class craftsmanship, ground breaking design, and the privilege of owning an award-winning, one of a kind yacht, consider the Chris-Craft BLACK BEAUTY. A spectacular yacht tender or your cruising get away at the bay, this stunning, impeccably restored classic express is available for sale at an asking price of $545,000 (approx $1.5m invested in restoration, all documented). Winner of Best in Show at the Bay Concourse d'Elegance in MI 2010, among other awards, BLACK BEAUTY is the result one family's pursuit of a dream, and obsessive pursuit of perfection.
- One of the most exquisitely restored classic yachts on the market, the ultra rare "Black Beauty" is the only Futura of 118 built that left the factory with a black hull. Custom built for the son of a Chris-Craft dealer, the Futura has design features that set the standard for years to follow, including a rakish, convex-curve clipper bow, a low-profile cabin, a prominent visor, and magnificent teak decks and cockpit sole. No expense spared during a 16 year complete professional restoration of the entire boat including all planks and fasteners, all hardware, all electrical, all glass, new fuel tanks and exhaust, new Crusader engines w/Velvet Drive gearboxes, custom galley & head, canvas, and stunning refinished teak decks and mahogany trim. A very rare ownership opportunity, a one-of-a-kind boat for the very discerning collector or classic yacht enthusiast. Reasonable offers considered.
- Builder: Chris-Craft Designer: Chris-Craft Hull Material: Wood
- LOA: 33' Beam: 10' 10" Displacement: 10,500 Draft: 3
- Engine(s): Crusader Engine(s) HP: 350 Engine Model: 454 Hours: 450 Cruising Speed: 25 knts Max Speed: 35 knts Engine/Fuel Type: Twin Gas
- Fuel: 168 Water: 25
- Forward cabin and convertible dinette comfortably sleeps four. Custom built galley and head. Beautifully restored teak decks and cockpit sole with stunning mahogany interior.
- Fridge Wash Basin
- Garmin GPS VHF Radio Dual Electric Trumpets
- Complete New Electrical System Stewart Warner Gauges Fireboy Halon System Twin Crusader 454 350hp Engines Velvet Drive Transmission
- Double-Planked Bottom 7/8" Batten-Seamed 5/8" Hull Sides Helm and Companion Seats Cockpit Scuppers Instruments - Ammeter, Oil, Tach, Temperature Ventilating Windshield Pedastal Type Throttle Controls Re-finished Teak Decks Mahogany Trim Black Epoxy Hull Sides All New Glass New Canvas with Drop Curtains Custom Cabin New Water Heater Hynautic Steering Dual 84 gal Stainless Fuel Tanks New Guages and Instrumentation New Stainless Exhaust System Stainless Steel Rails High Gloss Epoxy Varnish Bright Work High Gloss Teak & Holly Floors Anchor Wide Walk Around Decks Mast and Yardarm
- Broker's Comments
- Featured on the cover of the Fall 2007 Brass Bell, publication of the Chris-Craft Antique Boating Club, the Black Beauty is the result of one families pursuit of a dream, and an obsessive pursuit of perfection. Serious inquiries only please. Owner will consider reasonable offers.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.