- 72 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Hours
Discovery represents a by gone era of calssis wooden yacht design and built by the renovned John Trumpy & Sons in Annaplis, MD.
Substantial upgrades in systems, soft goods and refinishing recently completed 2013.
- Total Power: 525
- Aft Deck
- Aft deck is fully air conditioned and can be enclosed by drop curtains and wing doors, forward facing settee with hi-lo expandable table and four teak Trumpy chairs. Forward to port and starboard are matching built in bar units with ice box, ice maker and excellent storage.
- Main Deck
- Starting forward is a large buffet containing wine storage, glass and dish storage, silver drawers, flat screen TV, all behind matched mahogany paneled breakfront. A circular dining table forward to port seats six. To starboard is a couch with matching end tables. To port upholstered arm chairs with Baker chest between. Aft port section of salon has antique writing desk opposite to starboard is companionway to owner’s quarters. Day head forward to starboard off the salon.
- Forward of the main salon is the full width galley with a four-burner stove, combination conventional and convection oven, microwave oven, and full-sized refrigerator/freezer along with full Corian countertops. The galley has direct access to the starboard passageway and main salon. The galley is bright with a large window above the deep double Corian sink. Galley sole is teak and holly. Four-burner electric stove with exhaust hood Conventional/convection electric oven New Splendide Microwave Bosch dishwasher Refrigerator/Freezer 22.5 cu.ft. In-sink garbage disposal Electric coffee maker Electric hand mixer Electric blender Waffle iron Electric ice cream maker Telephone/intercom Deep double sink Large cupboards and counter space Calphalon pots and pans Dinner service for 12 Mini-refrigerator (aft salon) Mini-refrigerator (crew's lounge) U-Line wine cooler (main salon) Raritan Icer-ette ice-cube maker (aft deck) Vacuum Cleaner Mini-vac (hand vacuum) New Splendide Washer/Dryer
- Forward of the main salon is the full width galley with a four-burner stove, combination conventional and convection oven, microwave oven, and full-sized refrigerator/freezer along with full Corian countertops. The galley has direct access to the starboard passageway and main salon. The galley is bright with a large window above the deep double Corian sink. Galley sole is teak and holly.
- Crews Quarters
- Forward to starboard in the pilothouse is companionway to the crew quarters below, forward of engine room. There is a captain’s cabin to port with wash basin. There is a dinette/settee crew lounge to starboard and going forward is a double cabin with a crew head. All the way forward between the bunks is a shower compartment with additional head. Hanging lockers port and starboard with built in bureaus and bins beneath. Laundry room is located in the crew area and equipped with Splendide clothes washer and dryer combo. A retractable davit (which preserves the lines of the yacht) provides quick and easy launch and retrieval for the tender. Full safety equipment is provided including strobes on lifejackets, a life raft, two EPRIBs, and USCG required fire extinguishers, flare kits, etc.
- Owner's Accommodations
- Access to the owner’s stateroom is from companionway starboard side of main salon. It is aft and full width of the vessel. It has twin single berths (This can be converted to a California King at minimal expense.) with large cedar lined wardrobes port and starboard. More than adequate drawer and storage space throughout. Passageway forward to the Guest Cabins is a linen locker on the starboard side and a small broom closet on the port side. Two identical guest cabins with twin lowers with fitted spreads, Berber carpeting, built in TV/Video. Heads have stall showers.
- Deck and Hull
- 2008 13’ Boston Whaler with 40hp Mercury (20 hrs) Fortress FX-85 anchor Fortress FX-37 anchor Fortress FX-16 anchor Ship's bell Teak decks Teak swim/dive platform Two Searchlights (wheelhouse control) Lifesling MOB unit Avon 8-person life raft Nautical Structures Electro-hydraulic davit HMC-1000 (low profile) on deckhouse for dinghy handling Ideal anchor windlass w/rope drum 300 ft. 1" nylon rode w/20' chain Buell three-trumpet airhorn Eight large fenders w/sleeves Two boat hooks Two teak fender boards Boarding steps/passarelle with teak handrail Two sets dock lines Abandon ship bag 8 Adult, 3 Child PFD, with strobes Offshore flare kit 110 Volt portable bilge Smoke detectors in crew quarters and aft cabin areas
- Electronics and Navigation
- Furuno FR-1510 Radar w/color 15" display (96-mile) - New Robertson AP300X Autopilot - New ICOM IC-M127 VHF Marine - New Garmin 5212 plotter w/AIS Radiotelephone w/installed spare antenna Raritan rudder angle indicator Sperry steering compass Simrad Dataline X speedlog Simrad Dataline X depthsounder Toshiba 2545XCDT Laptop Computer Software V 5.0 w/Maptech CD charts HP color inkjet printer C-Phone Telephone/intercom system, integrated with landline and cellular public telephone connections Phone/Fax availability through telephone system Phone and CATV inlets (P & S) Panasonic fax/copier Maximum anenometer and wind speed Maximum barometer Lensref radar reflector ACR RLB-27 406 MHz EPRIB ACR RLB-28 406 MHz EPRIB TV antenna CD/AM/FM/Cassette Stereo system, speakers in wheelhouse, main and aft salons Flat screen TV/VCR (main salon)
- Electrical System
- Main power is 120/240 volt 60 hertz, provided by two 50-ampere shore power inlets or the two generators. The DC power system has multiple battery banks, charged by main engines or solid state, multistage battery charger. Port - 2008 Phaser 22Kw Kabota Bug Gen (6-08) 212 hrs. (5/09) Starboard - 12Kw Northern Lights M844 Gen = 2433 hrs. (5/09) Two 50 amp, 240 volt shore power inlets Three 50 amp 50' shore power cables Quicksilver galvanic isolator on each power inlet AC electrical distribution panel in engine room Full copper bonding/ground system 24 volt main engine start 12 volt genset start Six 12 volt batteries 12 volt Sentry charger 24 volt Sentry charger DC electrical distribution panel in wheelhouse Raritan electric heads (6)
- Engine and Mechanical
- Twin Detroit Diesel 12V-71, 525 horsepower engines, four bladed propellers, and a Side Power bow thruster. Trim tabs. The engine room has full headroom and is located amidships. Twin Disk MG-512 marine gears 2-1/4" Prop shafts 4 Blade 30 X 28 propellers Spurs weed and line cutters Bennett trim tabs Spare propellers Spare shafts Large volume air blower for engine room cooling 100 psi air compressor w/11 gal. tank 30 gal electric water heater Grundfos potable water pump w/pressure tank Craftsman tool cabinet with full set of hand tools for maintenance Automatic CO2 fire extinguishing system in engine room, with manual pull Side Power hydraulic bow thruster Panish engine controls Hynautic hydraulic steering Glendinning engine synchronizer Tank Tender diesel fuel gauge system FloScan fuel consumption meter on starboard engine Engine oil change system w/electric pump, plumbed to main engines & generators Cruisair multi-unit air conditioning system, with backup cooling pump Y-valved holding tank overboard discharge with macerator pump Electric bilge pumps for each bilge section (3) Manifolded 110 V and manual pumps for three bilge sections Eight air conditioning zones, six with SMX-II electronic controls Niad stabilizers with new Rockwell modual program Shop-vac CO detector in engine room and crew quarters
- Upgrades 2013-2014
- Finish Work Haul out, sand, and painted bottom (second coat at waterline) Repainted topsides. A large job with much faring. Varnished pilot house and galley floors Interior detailing 2 coats of exterior varnish Strip, seal, and repaint waterways on deck (currently underway) Sand, prep, fill, and repaint main deckhouse (currently underway) Mechanical Changed all zincs on running gear and thruster and general service to running gear Removed, repaired, and reinstalled leaky water tank Removed unused radar Engine and gen-set oil and filter changes Misc seacock servicing Replaced galley microwave Electrical Replaced fwd bilge pump Installed pilot house mounted Hz meter to monitor generator load handling Repaired saloon stereo Removed misc unused wiring under helm Installed 24vdc solar panels on roof for bilge pump battery Woodwork Misc minor hull or bottom woodwork repairs prior to paint work Attended to minor leaks around stack area Sanded teak decks Repaired uneven crew sole Misc interior cabinetry repairs Canvas Replace all interior carpet (guest, crew, and main saloon/dining area)
- DISCOVERY represents a bygone era of classic wooden yacht design and built by the renowned John Trumpy & Sons in Annapolis, Maryland and delivered in 1972. She was one of the last Trumpys delivered prior to the unfortunate demise of that fine yard. Her interior has been beautifully modernized. From her engine room to pilothouse, all her equipment has been replaced or updated to reflect modern times. DISCOVERY is a classic design with modern amenities and is now realistically priced to facilitate a prompt sale.
- An exclusion list is available upon request.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Contact David C. Lacz: Office: 954-779-7377 Cell: 401-641-2951 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org