AMERICAN BEAUTY is by far the best maintained and most completely equipped example of this classic, time-honored design currently in commission anywhere. $40,000+ in maintenance and upgrades recently completed at New England Boatworks in response to a July, 2012 survey. A January, 2013 survey, detailing all work is now available. Everything has been done to make her immediately ready for an evening sail, a Bermuda race or an extended voyage.
- Starting forward there is a full width double V-berth with custom changing seat with a drawer below. There is extensive shelving with a hanging locker to port and drawers and lockers opposite. Mattresses are high density foam. Moving aft to the salon, to port there is a comfortable L-shaped settee with pilot berth outboard. Storage is below. A solid teak drop leaf centerline table providing comfortable dining for four people plus two more on the opposite and to starboard full length bench settee. There is storage above the settee and further locker storage outboard. The salon settees slide out to create excellent sea berths or extra sleeping accommodations. The forward companion way leads to this cabin. Moving aft and to starboard we find the galley. To port of the centerline galley and accessible from both the salon and the aft stateroom is a large head and shower unit with plenty of storage and solid teak grating throughout, as well as a full length mirror. The aft stateroom can be entered from the galley, from the head or from the aft cockpit companionway. To port is a double berth with drawers and lockers forward and underneath of the berth. To starboard is a hanging locker and full sized, aft facing chart table and navigation station area and navigation station with dedicated helms seat and further storage. There is a bookshelf outboard above the navigation area and three drawers under the navigation desk. Centrally is a bench with storage drawers above and a large floor space for changing. In the Alden yacht tradition the whole of the interior is finished in the highest quality teaks, fittings and furnishings using only the best craftsmanship to give her a warm traditional feel throughout. The sole is solid teak and rock maple. Brass on black swedge locks instead of standard finger catches throughout.
- UReefer: Grunet AC/DC x 2 (new 2008) Stove: Force 10 Galley Range (3 Burners + oven/broiler) Custom built in cup, bowl and plate storage over sinks Saltwater sprayer at sinks Place settings for eight Water Heater Twin deep stainless steel sinks
- ENGINE & MECHANICAL EQUIPMENT
- •Engine: Yanmar 4-JH2TE (35hp) •Hours 3601.0 @ 3/08/2011 •Racor Filters + Vacuum Gauge Kit •Hurth V-Drive HBW150-3ORV-Gearbox •AFT-A #21649 •PROPELLER; Max-Prop 17” 3 Blade Classic •Spurs Marine Line, Net & Weed Cutter
- NAVIGATIONAL & ELECTRONICS
- •AutoHelm ST6000 •Navigation Electronics: All 11/2010 •Furuno Radar Model DRS2D •Furuno Multi Function NAVNET Display (MFD12) •Furuno FA50 AIS Transponder •BBWX! NAVNETY Sirius Satellite Weather •Acer S231hl 23” LED Charter Table Display •Magnetic Compass (Binnacle) •Motorola Iridium Satellite Telephone/Docking System( Not Included in Sale) •iCom IC-M59 VHF Marine Transceiver
- SAILS & RIGGING
- •Mainsail: North (2007) •Genoa: North (2007) •Storm Jib: Hood •Strom Tri : Hild Sails (Hank On) •Genacher, North •Gale Rider:
- •Next Generation Generator: UCM1-3.5 (3500 Watt ) •Kubota EA300NB Base Engine •Xantrex Freedom Marine Inverter •Engine Start + House Batteries •Ocean Marine HVAC
- DECK GEAR
- •Maxwell (VWC&VWCLP 2000)-Electric - Anchor Windlass Barient 22-39 Manual Mast Winch •COCKPIT WINCHES: Antal W44 ( Main Sheet & Halyard) –Electric (Starboard Coaming) •Barient 24-45 (Reefing) Manual (Port Coaming) •Harken 64-3 (Jib)Electric(P&S) •Barient (Spinnaker) Manual (P&S) •JIB FURLING - Prop Furl
- MISCELLANEOUS GEAR
- * Self deploying life raft (8 Man) •Man Overboard Module-MoM 8-A Lifting Device •EPIRB: ACR Global Fix 406mhz (Current Registration/Inspection) (Included if Buyers undertake at their expense to re-register with NOAA) •CO2 Fire Extinguishers: 5lbs X 3 •Halon Extinguisher (1) Engine Compartment •CO Monitors (3) •Propane Tanks ( 2) x 15lbs •Emergency Tiller
- OTHER FEATURES
- •HVAC-Ocean Marine FX-1 HVAC Heating & AC Forward/Aft •Sea Eagle Tender-8’-11” (October 2010) •Holding Tank: 35 Gallons-Macerator-Level Sensor-Tankwatch 4 •IRC Measured •Bermuda Rules Compliant and Certified •Prop shaft replaced November 2010 •New s/s folding swim ladder November 2010
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Contact Dick Thursby: Cell: 203-613-8381 email@example.com