Here is a cat that delivers the best of what a cat can be in combining speed, comfort and safety in any conditions. Shearwater has just completed a circumnavigation and is ready to go again. Her current owner spent lavishly (over $150K) in fitting her out for the adventure and as a result she shows like a much newer boat. She is completely equipped with great bluewater gear and set up for singlehanding. She is also VERY FAST!
Shearwater is not a condo cat designed for heads 'n beds. She is designed as a comfortable high performance cruiser, equally suited to relaxed family cruising, exciting daysails, or bluewater adventures. Blending high performance characteristics with liveaboard comfort, she sails like a race boat but carries amenities and gear suitable for serious offshore cruisng. Deck and cockpit space are immense, while the three separately accessed interior cabins and two full heads comfortably cater to two couples of a family of six or more. The addition by the current owner of the full cockpit enclosure exponentially enhances the comfort, safety and cruisability of this remarkable cat.
Compare Shearwater to other performance cruising cats in her class and you will agree that she represents an incredible value, and is better build than some other designs from across the pond. Her recent refit totals more than half of her asking price.
FRESH BOTTOM PAINT AND SAILDRIVE SEALS 10/12
- Shearwater Description
- The Conser 47 is a beautiful, cutting edge design, high performance cruising catamaran. She was designed by John Conser and built by the Endeavor Catamaran Corp in Clearwater, FL. About 9 of the boats have been built, not all by Endeavor. Two of the Conser 47s are now in commercial recreational use in Maui, Hawaii and one of these "Paragon II", holds a speed record of 31 knots. This boat, hull # 6, “SHEARWATER” is definitely a beautiful high performance long-distance cruiser. She is ideal for a couple, a couple with two kids or two couples. Under sail she cruises at 8-10 kts with a maximum speed of 20 kts!. She is very light for a 47 ft catamaran, (12,000 lb dry, to 15,000 lbs loaded). 240 plus miles a day are easily achieved. Her construction is Vinylester resin and triaxial fiberglass knitted cloth and Corecell foam core, vacuum bagged. Her bulkheads are constructed in the same way and integrally bonded to the hull and deck. This construction process yields a very light weight, and very strong and durable hull. With her light weight, close sheeting angles, long narrow hulls and twin keels, she is capable of good speed and very good windward performance, much closer than with most other cruising cats. Some other highlights of the design, boat and systems include: A light and airy salon and galley in the main cabin and two private cabins, one in each wing and hull. The mast is a Forespar rotating carbon fiber mast with auto rotate and manual control. The boom is a custom Forespar low profile aluminum boom. The mainsail is 1000 sf positive roach high tech mainsail. The main incorporates full battens, Schaefer Battslides and Airblocks. The jib is a full battened dacron with sheets lead aft in tunnels to the cockpit. In addition to the main and jib she carries a drifter and an asymetrical spinnaker and spare jib. Standing rigging is Aramid & SS rod rigging. The boat is powered by two Volvo Penta 2030 29 HP diesels. The deck is covered with Seadek 2000, a very real corklike, very durable non-skid surface and a real eye catcher. She is outfitted with a Spectra Watermaker and has two 100 gallon water tanks. She has B&G instruments and a B&G auto-pilot. She has the latest Garmin 5212, touch screen chartplotter and a Garmin High Definition Radar. She has twin helm stations, one port and one starboard. She can generate plenty of 12 VDCpower with two Air-X-Marine 400 watt wind generators, eight 80 watt solar panels and two 50 amp alternators. Her very big cockpit is totally enclosed with a beautiful, new bimini, top and sides. Her present owner recently completed a solo-circumnavigation on Shearwater. In 2008-2009 he upgraded and outfitted the boat for this circumnavigation at a price of $150,000 - half the boat is almost new! See the impressive list below: ADDITIONS TO SHEARWATER…CONSER 47 2008 /2009 The items listed below are NOT replacements or upgrades…they are completely new. LEWMAR WINDLASS V 3 WITH WIRELESS CONTROL AND TWO SWITCHES XANTREX 1800 WATT PURE SINE WAVE INVERTER HARKEN ELECTRIC WINCH HARKEN DOUBLE STRAPHEAD BLOCK HARKEN LOUPS(2) HARKEN 5 INCH SHEAVE MAIN HALYARD SYSTEM TAKEN BACK TO COCKPIT JIB HALYARD SYSTEM TAKEN BACK TO COCKPIT NEW REEFING SYSTEM, NEW TOPPING LIFT NEW JIB NEW MAINSAIL COVER AND JIB COVER SSB RADIO ICOM 802 B&G WIND TRANSDUCER GPS - GARMIN 5212 TOUCH SCREEN 12 INCH SCREEN GARMIN HD RADAR TOSHIBA LAPTOP WITH INDEPENDENT GPS SYSTEM AND CHARTS BLUE TOOTH ENABLED FOR REMOTE NMEA INFORMATION LOUD RADAR/GPS ALARMS INSTALLED IN MAIN GALLEY FORCE 10 GALLEY STOVE FORCE 10 WATER HEATER AIR CONDITIONING NOVA KOOL REFRIGERATOR/FREEZER 12/110 VOLT SPECTRA ‘VENTURA DELUXE’ WATERMAKER 8 GPH PUR 35 HAND OPERATED EMERGENCY WATERMAKER SOLAR PANEL MOUNT OVER ENTIRE DODGER STRUCTURE 8 SOLAR PANELS 80W EACH 4 RULE 2000 GPH BILGE PUMPS 4 HIGH WATER ALARMS SMOKE DETECTORS AND CARBON MONOXIDE DETECTORS JABSCO SENSOR MAX VSD WATER SYSTEM PLUMBING LINES– Completely newly plumbed 2 NEW SHOWER INSTALLATIONS 2 NEW HEAD INSTALLATION WITH HOLDING TANKS 2 NEW SINKS WITH FIXTURES FAIRING/PAINTING AWLGRIP OF THE HEAD AND SHOWER COMPARTMENT 2 BERTHS NEWLY INSTALLED TEAK AND HOLLY FLOORS INSTALLED BIMINI/DODGER – PERMANENT STRUCTURE OVER LARGE COCKPIT complete with EZ2CY windows LIGHTING IN COCKPIT OUTDOOR SHOWERS BOTH AT BOW AND STERN DOUBLE LIGHTS AND FANS IN BERTHS COMPLETE ELECTRICAL SYSTEM INCLUDING AC 110 TO CABINS PROPANE SYSTEM TO STOVE AND TO BBQ PERMANENTLY INSTALLED ALL LED LIGHTS INSIDE BOAT AND ON MAST WEST MARINE DINGHY AND MERCURY 3.5 MOTOR STAINLESS STEEL SWIM LADDER VINYL AND CARPET INTERIOR BOTH RUDDERS REPLACED
- Vessel Walkthrough
- Shearwater's bright and airy main (bridgedeck) cabin is accessed from a tinted glass watertight door in the cockpit and festures the galley to port, fridge and nav station to starboard, and a roomy U shaped settee that converts to a double berth forward. The headliner and cushions were all replaced in 08/09 and the woodwrok is in excellent conditon. Panoramic windows forward and aft and opening vents overhead create a great space for the heart of the vessel. The hulls contain identical sleeping cabins and heads. Forward in each hull is a fore and aft double berth on the inboard side. Outboard of the berths is a raised flat area that holds the engine room access door and is large enough for a single berth. There are several lockers and storage shelves orund and aft of the berths. In the after part of each hull are the heads with electric toilets, sinks and separate showers. A ladder leads up from each hull through a sliding companionway door to the cockpit. The cockpit spans the full beam of the boat and has room to host a crowd, A brilliantly executed aluminum frame and canvas bimini, with full side and rear curtains, covers the entire cockpit and allows weather free access from the hull cabins to the main cabin. Twin helms with full instrurmentation are located port and starboard in the cockpit and the hemsman is also protected by the bimini. All sail control lines are led to a central winch station aft. Aft of the cockpit is a full beam trampoline for lounging, swim access, or dinghy storage. Wide side decks with solid stainless steel double railings lead safely to the bows
- Equipment and Specifications
- DIMENSIONS LOA: 47 ft 0 in Beam: 24 ft 0 in LWL: 45 ft 0 in Maximum Draft: 4 ft 0 in Displacement: 15000 lbs Bridge Clearance: 65 ft 0 in Dry Weight: 12000 lbs ENGINES Engine Brand: Volvo Penta Engine(s) Power: 29 HP Engine Model: 2030C Cruising Speed under power: 7 knots Cruising Speed under sail: 8-10 Knots Maximum Speed: 20 knots Engine Hours: 1800 TANKS Fresh Water Tanks: 2 x 50 gals (100 Gallons) Fuel Tanks: 2 x 40 gals (80 Gallons) Holding Tanks :2 MAIN CABIN ELECTRONICS AND NAVIGATION: Nav station is in main cabin starboard Garmin 5212 Touch Screen 12 inch Chartplotter (2008-9) Interphase V6i GPS Chartplotter(extra) Garmin High Definition Radar(2008-9) B&G Hydra 2000 processor/display NMEA data output for nav computer KVH Trackphone satellite telephone KVH Trackphone digital data modem Hydra Auto-Pilot (remote) ICOM VHF Radio(2010) ICOM 802 SSB Radio and Modem(2008-9) Toshiba Laptop Computer with independent chartplotter and SSB Sailmail(2008-9) Blue Tooth enabled for monitoring all systems remotely.(2008-9) Loud Radar/GPS Alarm system for singlehanding(2008-9) Xantrex Invertor(2008-9) Xantrex Battery Charger(2008-9) Xantrex Battery Monitor System(2008-9) SVS battery & charge monitor Tank guages, 2 fuel, 2 water 2 Power Products solar monitors Lacross wireless weather station Electronic Charts covering USA to Australia C-Map US digital charts GALLEY Galley is located up and to port Force 10 3 Burner Galley Stove NovaKool Refrigerator/Freezer12/110 volt Double deep stainess steel sinks Hot and cold pressurized water SPECTRA ‘VENTURA DELUXE’ WATERMAKER 8 GPH PUR 35 HAND OPERATED EMERGENCY WATERMAKER Large storage locker under sink Two 3 drawer stacks, utensils, etc Dry storage bin in the countertop. SALON Located forward in the main cabin featuring a raised U-shaped settee with nearly 360 degree views, settee converts to double berth. Overhead is soft & sound absorbent U shaped settee with table Blue vinyl upholstery on settee Pioneer stereo am/fm/cd player New Interior vinyl and woodwork(2008-9) ELECTRICAL- 120 VAC AND SHORE POWER SYSTEM 1 30 amp 50 ft shore power cord 1 30 amp 120 vac deck power jack 1 Paneltronics distribution panel 1 AC volt meter and 1 AC ammeter 8 120 vac circuit breakers 12-14 VDC SYSTEM AND BATTERIES 2 Air-X Marine wind generators with run/brake switches 8 80 watt solar panels – 4 new (2008-9) 2 Solar boost 2000 regul/monitors 2 engine mounted alternators 2 size 8D 12 vdc house batteries(2008-9) 2 size D27 engine start batteries 1 Guest 1/2/all/off battery switch Paneltronics distribution panel 1 DC volt meter and 1 DC ammeter 28 12 vdc circuit breakers Xantrex Battery Monitor System(2008-9) ENGINE ROOMS Located amidship in each hull. Easy access. 2x Volvo Penta MD2030C 29 HP 2x Raycor 500FG fuel filter assembly(2008-9) 2x Algae X fuel scrubber filters 2x oil change pumps 2x 40 gallon fuel tanks 2x Volvo Penta saildrive units 2x Bronze 2 blade folding propellors Steering controls are hydraulic 2x Automatic Bilge Pumps with High Water Alarm(2008-9) 2x Automatic Charger Relay Switches(2008-9 ) MAST, BOOM, STANDING RIGGING The mast is a Forespar rotating carbon fiber mast with auto rotate and manual control. The mast rests on a 4" diameter SS ball & socket. Adjustable (Spectra) shrouds allow full mast rotation. The mast measures 10" x 24" providing 90 sq ft of "sail area". The boom is a custom Forespar low profile aluminum boom. Standing rigging is Aramid, Spectras & SS rod rigging. Lazy jacks help control the sail when it it being lowered. SAILS, HARDWARE & RUNNING RIGGING The mainsail is 1000 sf positive roach high tech mainsail with three reefs (mainsail needs repair/replacement). The main incorporates full battens, Schaefer Battslides and Airblocks. The main halyard incorporates for a 2:1 mechanical advantage. The jib traveller enables full and positive control of the jib clew at all wind angles. The jib is a full battened dacron sail with sheets lead aft in tunnels to the cockpit. The jib traveler control lines also lead to the cockpit. In addition to the main and jib she carries a drifter and a 1.2 oz, red, white & blue asymetrical spinnaker. At the bow, the spinnaker tack can be controlled with two 4:1 block and tackle assemblies which run from each bow to the tack of the spinnaker. This allows precise trimming of the spinnaker tack position depending on wind speed and wind angle. There are two spinnaker halyards. New jib and Mainsail covers(2008-9) Harken Electric Winch in Cockpit(2008-9) Main and Jib Halyards taken back to cockpit New Reefing system(2008-9) New Spectra Topping Lift(2008-9) All new running rigging(2008-9) ANCHORING EQUIPMENT Lewmar Windlass V3 with wireless control and two helm switches(2008-9) Delta Main Anchor 45 lbs with 180 feet of chain Fortress Second Anchor and 200 feet of rode Drogue with rode Para-anchor with rode
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Edwards Yacht Sales on Facebook Out-of-State buyers can now buy and use their boat in beautiful Florida for 180 days with No Florida Sales Tax! Ask your EYS broker for details. Financing available at 4.9% Contact Tom Morton at (904)377-9446 Tom@EdwardsYachtSales.com Click here to search for more Catamarans!