- 30 (ft.)
- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
This Cape Dory 30 MK II sloop is a sailor's dream for lots of sailing fun and family living aboard for extended cruises - at NEW LOWER PRICE! You will immediately appreciate her owners' tender loving care on top of Cape Dory's classic New England craftsmanship of Clive Dent and Carl Alberg. This is the best Cape Dory 30 on the market.
As you approach her at the dock, notice immediately the Cape Dory difference from volume production boats: bronze ports and cleats, teak toe and grab rails and anchor pulpit, two-tone nonskid deck, wood helm wheel. Full keel design with furling headsail and fully battened mainsail with lazy jacks give a safe, stable and responsive sail. This Cape Dory's sparkling condition really stands out among her peers.
Going below, you'll love this classic interior in beautiful condition with teak and holly floors, teak bulkheads and doors, like new cushions, bronze LED lights. Sleep 5-6 comfortably with 2 in private forward cabin v-berth, 2 on starboard settee pull-out bunk, 1 on port settee, and 1 on aft quarterberth. Enjoy your fully equipped galley with propane stove and oven, microwave, top loading deep keel-cooled refrigerator, double stainless sink with wand faucet and fold-down countertop extensions. Keep comfortably cool with 2 overhead opening hatches and dorade vents or marine air conditioning.
If you're looking for a stable yet fun sailing experience and enjoy turning heads aboard other sailboats, this is your Cape Dory 30 MK II. Built in Massachusetts USA with traditional, classic attention to precision and detail. This is hull #1 of the improved MK II design.
- You must come aboard this beautiful Cape Dory 30 MK II to appreciate her unique design and pristine condition. A special plus is marine airconditioning when it's just too hot to rely on flow through ventilation via overhead opening hatches, 2 dorade vents and screened open companionway. Reverse cycle heat when it's cold and damp outside. Open companionway boards or screen enclosure to step down to the salon with galley to port and navigation station and quarterberth to starboard. Notice the shiny teak and holly sole. Proceed forward to salon with like-new cushions on port settee, and on starboard settee that pulls out to double berth. Appreciate the beautiful teak folding table stored on bulkhead that drops down to either single leaf for couples dining and work area, or double leaf for entertaining and feeding the whole family. Note the abundance of salon storage space above settees, below settees, and behind settee back cushions. Further forward past the portside hanging locker, you'll find the spacious privately enclosed head with roomy vanity countertop and storage cabinets, mirror, stainless sink and faucet, and manual vacuum head. A very special plus is the separate shower with teak seat and wand faucet! Next enter the forward cabin through full-length folding teak door to find the spacious v-berth with like-new cushions and lots of cabinet and above berth shelf storage. Walking aft again past the salon and galley, find the comfortable quarterberth adjacent to the navigation station electronics. A perfect place for your teen or pre-teen desiring their own space and privacy. • overhead opening hatches, dorade vents and screened companionway • 12,000 BTU reverse cycle marine airconditioning • spacious salon for entertaining 6-8 • sleep 5-6 • private enclosed head with separate shower • beautiful teak and holly sole and wood framed salon and forward cabin • teak overhead hand rails • LED bronze reading lights in forward cabin, salon and quarterberth • like new cushions throughout
- Enjoy this Cape Dory 30 MK II's beautiful U-shaped fully equipped galley portside of the companionway. Perfect layout for working while underway or at anchor and dock, you'll love the extra countertop space gained from folding shelves at side and front of sink area. Here you have all the galley equipment you need to prepare nutritious meals or great snacks: double deep top loaded keel-cooled refrigerator, 2 burner propane stove and oven, microwave oven, double and deep stainless sinks with desirable wand faucet and additional hand pump faucet. You'll appreciate plenty of galley storage in overcounter shelves and drawers, undercounter cabinets and deep storage box. • U-shaped galley • double stainless sink with wand faucet • 2 burner propane stove and oven • 2012 microwave oven • deep top loading keel cooled refrigerator • pressurized hot and cold water • additional hand pump faucet • plenty of work space with extended folding shelves
- Appreciate all the electronics you'll want to sail open water and cruise rivers and intercoastal waterways. GPS chartplotter with radar, compass and autopilot are mounted on helm podium. Wind, depth and speed are mounted on pods in cockpit with stereo speakers adjacent to companionway hatch. VHF and stereo system are mounted in cabin navigation station with RAM mike at helm. • Raymarine C70 multi-function chartplotter with radar • Raymarine ST6002 autopilot • Raymarine ST60+ wind, speed and depth • Ritchie 6" compass • 2012 Standard Horizon Explorer VHF with RAM mike • JVC AM/FM/CD/DVD stereo player • TV antenna booster
- DC Power: • Four 2012 6-volt golf cart batteries totalling 440 amp hours for house bank • Group 24 sealed starting battery • Link 10 battery monitor • 40 amp Xantrex 3 state battery charger • 75 watt alternator • 2012 1000 watt Xantrex inverter with automatic transfer switch • all cabin lights are LED • all navigation lights are LED AC Power: • 30 amp shorepower • 30 amp shorepower cord • 2012 1000 watt Xantrex inverter with automatic transfer switch
- Sails and Rigging
- • Fully battened mainsail in good condition with lazy jacks flaking system • 115% furling Genoa in good condition • 90% working jib in good condition • traveller mounted forward of dodger • whisker pole • standing and running rigging in very good condition • two 40 Lewmar self tailing winches • 16 Lewmar winch
- Deck and Hull
- Enjoy shade from new bimini and dodger, with screen enclosure to protect from mosquitos at anchor or dock. You will notice the very good deck condition with attractive two-tone nonskid. Cockpit seats up to 6 for a fun-filled sail. Classic lines and hardware set this Cape Dory apart from your sailing neighbors. • 2012 bimini with full screen enclosure and canvas protection over 2012 dodger isinglass • cockpit seats up to 6 • folding helm seat • teak deck grab rails • teak toe rail • two-tone nonskid decks • teak anchor pulpit with double anchor brackets & chain pipes • 44# Bruce with 35' chain and 200' rode • Delta quick set with 25' chain and 100' rode • swim ladder • heavy duty custom dinghy davits • bronze ports & cleats • double lifelines with stainless bow and stern rails • full keel
- Engine and Mechanical
- • Westerbeke 21A fresh water cooled diesel engine easily accessed via companionway cover and side port from quarterberth • 2012 exhaust elbow • 2012 3 blade propeller • oil change pump • Cruisair 12000 BTU airconditioning and reverse cycle heat unit in port cockpit locker with blower under salon port settee • 2 automatic bilge pumps and whale gusher hand pump • shower sump pump drains shower and airconditioning cooling water to keep bilge dry • 6 gallon hot water heater • pressurized hot/cold water system • fuel tank with gauge under port settee • water tank with site port under starboard settee • seacocks rebuilt 2011
- Broker's Comments
- If you're looking for a classic New England design with high quality workmanship in pristine condition, this Cape Dory 30 MK II is well worth serious consideration. You won't find a Cape Dory 30 in better condition or with more equipment.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Click here for original Cape Dory 30 MK II brochure Out of state buyers may now buy and use their sailboat in beautiful Florida for 180 days with No Florida Sales Tax! Ask Wendy for details. Contact Wendy at 941.916.0660 or CaptWendy@EdwardsYachtSales.com or Capt. Calvin at 941.830.1047 for more information and to see this Cape Dory in pristine condition. Click here to search for more quality sailboats .