Built for the 1992 America's Cup by Team New Zealand. NZL 10 & NZL 12 are
Generation One International America's Cup Class (IACC) yachts.
- General Specs
- NZL 10 & NZL 12 Built for the 1992 America's Cup by Team New Zealand, NZL 10 & NZL 12 are Generation One International America's Cup Class (IACC) yachts. Sail Nassau is the only operator of IACC yachts anywhere in the Caribbean or along the East Coast of the United States. The International America's Cup Class yachts replaced the 12 metre design, which last raced in 1987. They are much larger, more powerful, complex and costly than their predessors, as they push the boundaries of high-tech composite engineering. The class has been used in the last five America's Cup competitions, the last of which was held in Valencia in 2007. Technical Specifications: Length: 76' Beam: 18' Draught: 14' Mast height: 115' Displacement: 25 tonnes Ballast: 19 tonnes Sail Area: 3,000 square feet Hull construction: Carbon fibre and Kevlar composite with Nomex core. All structural members are carbon fibre. Mast construction: Carbon fibre composite Boom construction: Carbon fibre/Nomex Deck hardware: Custom Lewmar winch and pedestal package / custom titanium deck and spar fittings / Harken blocks and cars Designer: Farr Yacht Design Builder: Marten Marine Spar builder: Southern Spars Structural reinforcing: Goetz Custom Boats Structural engineering: Burke Composite Engineering Sails: North Sails Rigging: Navtec / Florida Rigging & Hydraulics
- Carbon & Kevlar fibers, Nomex honeycomb and high density foam core. Hull structure extensively modified, including new chain plates, reinforcement to ring frames, keelson structure and rudder bearings. All work carried out by Goetz Custom Boats / Liquid Air Composites, supervised by a Naval Architect and approved by the original designers-Farr Yacht Design. The hulls are also equipped with all the necessary safety equipment to take passengers, including fire extinguishers, life rings, 55 self inflating life jackets, emergency life jackets for crew, handrails, and a toilet for passenger convenience. A seating area at the stern has also been enlarged to provide secure and comfortable seating for up to 7 passengers. A stereo sound systems have been fitted for background music.
- 40hp Yamaha 4 stroke Outboards (2006), with 5 gallon fuel tanks, mounted on retractable tracks in enclosed through-hull engine boxes. Complete controls at starboard helm position. Engines have been regularly serviced by the Yamaha agents. Further modifications for chartering include a Furlex roller furler head sail system (2006), batten car main sails with halyard locks and reefing system (2006). All these extensive modifications have expanded the operational weather window of the yachts.
- Container / Workshop
- Two 20ft flat-rack based steel and fiberglass cradles, complete with lifting gear, straps andshackles for single point lift, strop lift and hull in cradle lift with spreader bars. Recently repaired and painted.
- Sail Inventory
- 1 Doyle Stratus Mainsail 2006. 1 Doyle Mainsail 2003. 1 Doyle Stratus Main 2008. 1 Northsails Jib 2003. 1 Doyle Stratus Jibs 2006. 1 Northsails Jib Spectra Mar 2008. 1 3Di trial jib from Northsails Mar 2008. 2 Northsails Spectra Main sails Sept 2008. 1 Northsails Spectra Jib Sept 2008 (These sails have very limited use, and have been in storage since December 2008)10 assorted original campaign spinnakers and jennikers, 5 in good condition.
- Carbon Fiber and Nomex honeycomb construction booms, Navtec hydraulically adjustable nitrogen gas damped solid vang (2006), and Hydraulic outhaul car.
- Carbon fiber construction by Southern Spars Auckland. Masts have been reinforced at rigging termination points, new Nitronic 50 standing rigging with Navtec tip cups, stem balls, and tangs, new custom-fabricated aluminum spreaders, and new running rigging by Florida Rigging and Hydraulics (2006).
- Additional Comments
- The ultimate resort toys are now available !!! Matching International Americas Cup Class Yachts built and maintained to the highest standards and recently used in a very successful charter program at the Atlantis Resort and Casino in Nassau, Bahamas. Both vessels are turnkey and ready to set up at their next location or simply purchase individually to be the coolest kid at the club! Easily managed, fun to sail, exceptional income potential!
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Call Central Agents: Mark Elliott: 305-794-1167, firstname.lastname@example.org