The Morgan 41 is the most prolific center cockpit sailboat ever built, with a production run of over 1,000 hulls, and the last version of the Out Island series, the 416, exhibited the finest sailing qualities of them all. "CAREFREE" was purchased by her current owners in early 2007 to go cruising and they did just that. Additionally, the current owners did some significant upgrades to her to better accomodate their lifestyle as well as make the boat more efficient. "CAREFREE" is in very nice condition and actively for sale. Anyone seeking a turn key live aboard cruising yacht owes it to take a hard look at "CAREFREE." A recent reduction in price make "CAREFREE" an even more attractive offering.
- The Morgan 41 O/I has a very accommodating interior and living space beginning in the forward cabin with large V-berth, hanging locker to port, drawers and lockers. Access to the chain locker is also done up here. Moving aft and to starboard is the forward head/shower compartment, which has a private door into the forward guest cabin or from the salon. Across from the head compartment is a large locker where the combination washer/dryer is located, with additional storage. Aft to port is a straight bench settee with storage above and outboard. Opposite is an L-shaped settee and dinette, with a dinette table that sows against the main bulkhead, thereby keeping the salon more open. Aft of the dinette is a very functional U-shaped galley, opposite is the navigation area and a long counter/work bench and walk-thru into the aft cabin. Along the walk-thru is the electrical breaker panel and access doors to the engine and machinery room. The spacious aft cabin has a custom centerline queen berth arrangement, as opposed to the original athwartship berth. Large hanging lockers, drawers and shelf storage make for an inviting and livable aft cabin. Forward and to starboard in this cabin is the master head/shower compartment as well as a separate companionway that leads to the cockpit. Numerous deck hatches and opening portlights provide generous daylight and ventilation throughout. Interior woods are teak solids and veneers, the cabin sole is varnished teak and holly. New Upholstery throughout interior ('07) Custom mattress in master cabin ('07) New main cabin lighting ('07) Marine Air spilt central A/C, (1) compressor, (2) air handlers Splendide 2000 combo washer/dryer, vented ('07) Electric head, aft cabin ('07) Manual head in forward head compartment Hot/cold pressure water throughout
- The U-shaped galley is at the base of the companionway and to starboard, with very generous counter space and storage. Along the aft part of the galley and close to the centerline is the double basin sink, to starboard of that is the refrigeration locker, outboard is the 3-burner stove with oven, then more counter space along the forward side of the "U." The separate freezer locker is opposite the galley and adjacent to the navigation station. A very workable galley when underway, dockside or at anchor. Hillerange 3-burner LPG stove w/oven 120Vac Adler Barbour refrigeration 120Vac Cool Blue cold plate freezer Hot & Cold pressure water GE Quick Touch microwave Xintex LPG monitor Magma LPG S/S Grill on deck
- Raymarine ST6000+ linear drive autopilot ('06) Raymarine C80 MFD ('07) Raymarine 24" radar ('07) mizzen mast mounted Navpod & Pedestal guard ('07) Raymarine ST60 depthsounder ('06) Datamarine depthsounder Datamarine wind speed/direction Horizon VHF radio w/RAM handset ('07) Icom IC-M805 SSB radio ('07) Raymarine TV antenna w/power boost ('07) Ritchie SP5 compass (rebuilt '11)
- Electrical & Mechanical
- ELECTRICAL: 12Vdc & 120Vac systems, breaker panel, meters (2) 30 amp 120Vac shore power systems & inlets (2) 50 ft. shore cords, numerous adapters (2) 8D batteries house batteries (1) 4D battery for engine, generator start Xantrex 1000 watt inverter/charger ('08) Xantrex Link 1000 battery monitor Kohler 4kw generator ('97) Ship-shore rotary switch ('07) Remote generator starter switch ('07) Generator fuel supply reconfigured ('07) Numerous 12Vdc & 120Vac outlets throughout vessel MECHANICAL: Perkins 4-154 62hp FWC diesel Bronze 3-blade propeller, 1.25" bronze propeller shaft Racor fuel/water separator Hydraulic steering (hydraulic head rebuilt '08, hydraulic cylinder rebuilt '11) New engine starter ('08) New fuel pump, fuel lines upgraded ('08) New engine room fire suppression system ('11) Katydin 150gpd watermaker ('07) Fire extinguishers replaced ('11) 6 Gal water heater, electric, engine ('07) Fresh water pump replaced ('07) (2) Holding tanks w/electric macerator pumps, dockside discharge (new macerator pumps '10, '11) Y-valves for each head for direct overboard discharge Electric bilge pump w/float switch Whale Gusher manual bilge pump
- Sails & Rigging
- The Morgan 416 is the best sailing version of this venerable design. All spars are aluminum, the main mast is a double spreader rig stepped on the keel, the mizzen is a single spreader rig that is also keel stepped. Full batten mainsail, double reef points (inspected, cleaned '07) Mizzen sail, partial batten, single reef (inspected, cleaned "07) Doyle Stackpack system, main & mizzen ('07) Tides Marine Strong Track, main & mizzen masts ('07) 1x19 s/s standing rigging, Norsman-type fittings ('01, inspected '11) Hyde roller furling headsail system Roller furling 135% genoa Roller furling 100% jib Dacron running rigging (new '07-'11)
- Hull & Deck
- The Morgan 416 hull is a solid FRP construction with a molded full keel underbody and keel attached rudder, the prop is in an aperture between the keel and rudder. The ballast is lead and internally ballasted. The hull/deck joint is done with an inward turning flange of the hull, then the deck is sealed and thru-bolted and covered by a very functional slotted aluminum toe rail, and there is also a molded rub rail with s/s striker rail. Two companionways in the cockpit, one going forward into the salon, the other going into the master cabin. Welded s/s bow & stern rails, stanchions Lifelines replaced as needed ('09) Port, starboard, stern boarding gates Ideal dual direction electric anchor windlass, foot switches, cockpit remote (rebuilt '07) #45 Delta Fastset anchor, 100ft x 5/16" chain, 150ft x 3/4" rode #45 CQR anchor, 100ft x 1/4" chain, 150ft x 3/4" rode Danforth spare anchor Danforth stern anchor Molded nonskid on deck & cockpit (5) Bomar deck hatches Numerous opening portlights (replaced, year unknown) (2) Nicro Fico solar ventilators ('11) 9'3" Avon RIB ('99) Mercury 5hp outboard engine ('07) Aluminum tubular dinghy davits w/block and tackle purchase Lifesling MOB rescue system Close cell cockpit cushions ('09) Bimini w/full isinglass enclosure Deck awning
- "CAREFREE" has been very well taken care of by her knowledgeable and conscientious owners, with numerous upgrades and improvements since their purchase in 2007.
- Exclusions include but are not limited to bedding(except fitted sheets, which will convey), galley ware and pots & pans, dishes, utensils, hand held VHF radio, personal gear, clothing, foul weather gear, photos, lighthouse collection and tools.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- For additional information and photos please contact Central Listing Agent Scott W. Pursell, CPYB. Direct; 941-757-1250, Mobile; 941-720-4503, E-mail; Scottp@masseyyacht.com.