The CSY 44 is regarded as a very strong and well contstructed offshore cruising yacht, and "MYSTERY" is one of the rare and highly sought after WALK-THRU models. Owned by a very conscientious and knowledgeable couple for the past 17 years, "MYSTERY" is equipped for live aboard and offshore cruising, including Northern Lights generator, 18gph watermaker, air conditioning, separate refrigeration and freezer lockers, custom hardtop/dodger/bimini, davits and much more. "MYSTERY" is in very nice condition and ready for new owners and new horizons. A recent $10,000 price reduction make her an even more attractive offering.
- The CSY 44 walk-thru model offers very comfortable accommodations for living and cruising in comfort. Starting forward is the guest cabin with large V-berth configuration, with shelves, drawers and hanging lockers to port and starboard. There is door into the forward head compartment from this cabin as well as the salon. Aft of the head compartment is the separate shower area, accessed from the salon and/or forward head compartment. Opposite is a hanging locker and drawer storage, followed by a shelf, single seat dinette and then further storage. Opposite is an L-shaped settee, and in the middle of the salon is the dinette table with double folding leafs and storage in the top and aft end. Outboard of the settees to port and starboard are lockers with colored leaded glass, three each per side. Aft and to port as the chart table and breaker panels, followed by a door into the walk-in engine/machinery room and workshop. Opposite to the starboard side is the very workable linear galley that then leads to the master cabin. This cabin has generous storage lockers to starboard as you enter the cabin, a large queen athwartship berth with further storage each side and then forward in this cabin is the head/vanity/shower compartment. A very nice layout. The storage throughout "MYSTERY" is everywhere and very abundant, the daylight and ventilation quite generous. Technicold 16k Btu A/C, (1) compressor, (2) air handlers(compressor needs recharging) Salon forced hot air system (17) Opening portlights (5) Opening deck hatches (2) Manual heads Separate stand up shower forward Hot/cold pressure water throughout Stern shower, ambient water temperature Varnished oak interior Varnished teak and oak cabin sole Port salon settee converts to a double First Alert carbon monoxide and fire detectors
- The galley, just aft of the starboard side salon is a linear style along the walk-thu into the aft cabin. There is counter space forward, a double stainless steel sink, additional counter space, then an over/under separate refrigerator and freezer, the freezer being on the bottom. Outboard of the counters and sinks are more storage lockers, under sink and counter storage, and opposite and toward the centerline of the boat is additonal storage and counter space as well as engine room access. A greast galley arrangement whether dockside, at anchor or underway. Gimbled 3-burner LPG stove w/oven (2) 20lb LPG cyclinders Crosby holding plates for refrigeration and freezer Technicold compressor, 120Vac GE microwave Single s/s sink with Brita water filter on the tap
- Raymarine ST6002+ autopilot (2008) Standard Horizon depth sounder Standard Horizon knotmeter/temp. Icom IC-M710 SSB/ham radio Icom IC-M302 VHF radio Alden Satfind 406 EPIRB SCS Pactor modem Sony audio entertainment center (New 2008)
- Electrical & Mechanical
- ELECTRICAL Full 12Vdc & 120Vac breaker panels, meters Xantrex 3000 watt inverter w/140 amp inverter (New 2009) Xantrex remote battery panel (New 2009) Northern Lights 5kw generator w/soundshield, 3197 hrs (3/12) (New head 2002) (6) Gp27 deep cycle sealed batteries (New 2011) (1) Gp24 deep cycle sealed generator start battery (New 2011) Cruising Equipment Alpha charging regulator 12Vdc lighting throughout (2) 30 amp shore power systems, inlets, shore power cords 6 Gal. s/s water heater, 120Vac/heat exchanger (2) 1500 gph bilge pumps w/float switches, audible alarms MECHANICAL Perkins 4-154 62hp FWC diesel engine (rebuilt long block 1997, approx. 2900 hrs since rebuild) Borg Warner Velvet Drive transmission Bronze 3-blade propeller Racor fuel/water separator Single lever throttle/shift control HRO 18GPH watermaker, 120Vac Whale manual bilge pump Walk-in engine/mechanical room with work bench, generous storage for tools, spares, equipment
- Sails & Rigging
- Aluminum double spreader keel stepped mast Aluminum boom 1x19 s/s standing rigging, Stalock-type compression fittings top and bottom (New 2003) Braided Dacron running rigging (Replaced as needed) (2) Lewmar 48CST primary winches (2) Lewmar 30 CST winches (2) Lewmar 16 winches (3) Lewmar 8 winches (1) Barlow 35 winch Dacron mainsail, 2- sets slab reefing(serviceable, needs some repair) Roller furling 90% Yankee cut jib(serviceable) Profurl headsail furling system (New 2000) Roller furling staysail(serviceable) Hyde Streamstay staysail furling system Aluminum & teak boomkin Mast was shortened approx. 2ft, making it ICW friendly Chainpates replaced (2000-2003)
- Hull & Deck
- The CSY 44 is built with solid hand laid GRP construction with molded keel, and internally ballasted with lead ballast. There is a cut away after the keel and the rudder is hung on a molded skeg with the propeller in an aperture, affording good protection for both rudder and prop. The deck is also solid laminate (no core material) GRP construction. The hull-to-deck marriage is with an internal flange bond, then sealed and thru-bolted. The teak cap rail was removed forward of the gangways, glassed over with (5) laminates of material, faired and then gelocated, minimizing exterior teak maintenance. The custom hardtop/dodger was built and installed in Venezuela, and at the same time the hull was faired and new gelcoat applied, wet sanded, buffed and polished. Welded s/s bow & stern rails Double lifelines with s/s stanchions (New lifelines 2004) Port, starboard & stern boarding gates Maxwell Nielsen electric anchor windlass Double anchor rollers #66 Bruce anchor, 160' x 5/16" HT chain, 200' x 3/4" rode Fortress FX 37 anchor, 110' x 5/16" HT chain, 200' x 3/4" rode Salt water anchor wash down Edson pedestal steering system, cables to quadrant (New cables approx. 2002) Wheel brake (2) LPG cylinder lockers, separate solenoid breakers Large lazzarette locker on aft deck Stainless steel dinghy davits Outboard engine hoist Folding s/s swim ladder on transom (2) Fiberglass deck boxes Folding teak cockpit table Drink caddy @ pedestal
- Additional Information
- "MYSTERY" has been with her current owners for 17years and has cruised north to Nova Scotia to Trinidad to Panama. Her owners are very conscientious and knowledgeable, and "MYSTERY" has benefited from conscientious care and maintenance. "MYSTERY" is ready for new owners and new horizons.A recent $10,000 price reduction make "MYSTERY" an even greater offering!
- Excluded from the sale is the "Ted's Place" sign by the engine room.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- For additional specs and photos please contact Central Listing Agent, Scott W. Pursell, CPYB. Direct; 941-757-1250, Mobil; 941-720-4503, E-mail; Scottp@masseyyacht.com