- 28 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
LEGACY 28 built by Freedom Yachts
The Legacy 28 is designed by the hand of Bill Langan, Sparkman and Stephens' former chief designer. The Legacy 28's hull shape shares much with her sisterships, the Legacy 34 and Legacy 40. Her abbreviated keel tracks well and a modified vee entry takes the bang out of the seas while a relatively flat aft section gives the boat a pleasing stability and easy planing.
To further insure that the Legacy 28 delivers a ride that is pure pleasure, we're especially intolerant of things like noise, vibration and fumes. You'll find the Legacy 28 quiet, low-vibration, and virtually free of exhaust fumes. To accomplish this, we placed the air intake vents, which allow noise to escape the engine room, well aft.
They have carefully baffle and gasket the areas adjacent to the deck or cabin. An oversized, pot-style muffler keeps the sound down still further and an underwater exhaust system eliminates diesel fumes underway. We install the engine on flexible rubber mounts, which are situated on high-density foam stringers, a two-pronged approach to vibration absorption. All in all, you won't find more peace and quiet anywhere.
- Manufacturer Provided Description
- The Legacy 28 features an abbreviated keel that allows for good tracking, a modified-V entry that takes the bang out of the seas, and flat aft section that gives the boat stability and easy planing. The standard 250-horsepower engine is capable of powering the boat to 27 knots. Even with a powerful engine, the 28 is quiet, with low-vibration, and virtually free of exhaust fumes. An oversized, pot-style muffler also keeps the sound down and an underwater exhaust system eliminates diesel fumes underway. The engine has been installed on flexible rubber mounts which are situated on high-density foam stringers. Seating on the bridgedeck and cockpit accommodates nine easily. The copilot seat to port is tall with visibility equal to that of the helmsman. Other standard features include an opening center windshield, recessed trim tabs, flush-mounted hardware, secure bow rails, and hydraulic steering. Storage is abundant with under-berth stowage, a hanging locker, and storage below all the bench seats. The cabin features six feet of headroom and is finished in cherry joinery and teak sole. Four opening ports and an overhead hatch allow plenty of light and air. Other features include a refrigerator, a two-burner stove, an enclosed head with room for a morning shower, and a choice of design packages with options for countertops, bulkheads, and upholstery.
- V-berth Salon Table removable (use in cockpit) Head manual Dual Captain Chairs port and starboard helm Refrigerator Front Load w/freezer Propane Range Sink Hot and cold pressure water
- VOLVO D6310 310 hp Fuel Filter Seperator R90P Fire Boy Engine Shut Down System
- Raymarine Smart Pilot ST6001 Raymarine C-80 w/Radar and Fishfinder Raymarine ST-60 Tridata Speed - Depth - Log VHF ICOM ICM402S Stereo System Kenwood DVD - Alpine AM/FM Cockpit Speakers
- Cockpit Table Teak Electric Windlass Maxwell w/helm control Hot and Cold Shower Swim ladder Cockpit Cushions Fixed Widshield w/wipers Side Curtains Sunbrella Cockpit Cover Sunbrella Arch - Radar, Antenna, Horn mounted
- Bow Thruster NEW Xantrex True Charge 20 AMP NEW Inverter NEW Bow Thruster Control NEW Battery Bank Marine Deep Gel 4D x 2 30 AMP Shore power cord AirConditioning Marine Air Bilge Pump w/float switch - Rule 1100gph x 3 High Water Alarm GFI AC Outlets
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.