- 38 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Hours
"TRUE STORY" is an excellent example of what a nicely equipped and well maintained 2008 Hunter 38 should be. This is a one owner boat that has been lightly and locally sailed by knowledgable owners who understand proper maintenace, mechanically as well as cosmetically. Cautious not to overstate, however "TRUE STORY" is arguably the cleanest Hunter 38 on the market, and is now being offered for sale soley due to a change in the Owner's plans. A beautiful boat that is new to the market and seriously for sale, "TRUE STORY" is the go-to boat!
- Ballast: 6,552 Lbs. Displacement: 18,326 Lbs.
- Total Power: 40
- Beginning forward is a large V-berth cabin with (2) hanging lockers, drawers and shelf storage. There is a large deck hatch for ventilation and daylight. Going aftis the salon with a straight bench settee to port, followed by the forward facing chart table. Opposite is a C-shaped settee/dinette area. The dinette table has a removeable center leaf, and the table also drops down to make an additonal double berth. There is storage below and outboard of the settees, lockers and sub-cabin sole storage areas. Aft of the dinette is the spacious L-shaped galley. Opposite the galley is the head/shower compartment. Finally aft is the Master cabin, with access from aft of the galley aas well as through the head/shower compartment. The aft cabin features a large queen berth, positioned athwartship, hanging lockers, drawers and additional storage at either end of the berth. The storage is very generous. The interior wood is varnished teak solids and veneers, a composite cabin sole, Corian counter tops and vanity. Ventilation and daylight is provided by way of (2)opening hull ports,(4)fixed deck ports, (5)opening deck hatches, (6)opening ports and a wide companionway with acrylic drop boards. (1)18k Btu, (1)5K Btu Marine Air reverse cycle a/c sytems w/humidistat control Accordian window shades in main salon Oceanaire hatch shades w/screens Inner spring mattress, aft cabin Carbon monoxide & smoke detectors Cedar lined hanging lockers Everwear laminate cabin sole
- Corian countertops w/built-in trash chute Double s/s sinks Single lever pull-out faucet Hot/cold pressure water Composite cutting board Force 10 2-burner s/s LPG stove w/oven Origo microwave oven Front opening s/s refrigeration Acrylic slpash guard at countertop Built-in dish cabinet w/blower, light Hunter plates, bowls cups Countertop s/s grab rail Drawer and above countertop storage
- Raymarine ST 6000+ autopilot Raymarine E80 Chartplotter/GPS Raymarine ST60 Tridata Raymarine ST60 Wind speed/direction Icom IC M422 VHF radio w/RAM handset Sony cockpit stereo, (2)speakers Bose 3.2.1 CD/DVD entertainment system Flat Panel 15" LCD TV w/DVD Masthead TV/AM/FM antenna, A/B switch, dockside tv/phone inlet
- Electrical & Mechanical
- 12Vdc, 110Vac electrical systems w/breaker panel (2)30 amp shore power inlets (2)30 amp 50ft shore power cords (2)4D AGM service batteries (1)GP24 AGM engine start battery (2)Rotary battery switches Isolation transformer Battery charger, 30 amp 12Vdc lighting thoughout Numerous 12Vdc, 110Vac outlets Weems tank monitor Yanmar 40hp FWC diesel(upgrade) Yanmar 500 hr engine service performed(9/11) Yanmar raw water pump rebuilt(9/11) Shaft stuffing box repacked(9/11) Bronze 3-blade propeller(upgrade) 1" s/s propeller shaft Conventional stuffing box Racor fuel/water separator Electric bilge pump w/automatic float switch Manual bilge pump Holding tank w/macerator pump, dockside pump out Water heater, 5 Gal., electric & engine heated Hot/cold pressure water throughout Simpson Lawrance dual direction electric anchor windlass
- Sails and Rigging
- Selden fractional rig double spreader in-mast furling system Roller furling mainsail Furlex r/f headsail system 110% r/f jib w/suncover Seldene rigid boom vang (2)Lewmar 44CST primary winches (2)Lewmar 40CST cabin top winches (2)Spinlock sheet stopper banks Harken ajustable traveler, mounted on arch Internal halyards, led to cockpit Windex 15 masthead wind indicator Mainsail & headsail removed and serviced/restiched (10/11)
- Hull and Deck
- Hunter utilizes single piece hand laid FRP hull construction, solid FRP below the waterline, and end grain balsa coring above the waterline. Vinylesther resin is used in the intial layup, then a isophalic general purpose resin on subsequent layups. In areas of high loads in the hull, Kevlar reinforecement is included in the lamination schedule. Further, there is a heavily built structural FRP grid bonded into the hull for further stiffness and reinforcement. The deck is end grain balsa cored except in areas of deck hardware and high loads, where it is solid FRP and backing plates are incorporated for deck hardware, either drilled and tapped or thru-bolted. The hull to deck joint is an outward turning flange, sealed with 3M 5200 sealant, thru-bolted, and cover 360 degrees with a resiliant rub rail and s/s insert. Dual, offset s/s anchor roller system Simpson Lawrance electric anchor windlass, dual direction Delta Fastset anchor, chain, rode Recessed anchor locker Bimini top Welded s/s bow, stern pulpits Double lifelines, s/s stanchions Port, starboard, stern boarding gates Stern rail seats w/drink holders Antimonious lead keel, s/s keel bolts Balanced spade rudder Edson CD-I steering system(direct drive) Single lever throttle/shift Bronze thru-hull fittings below waterline (3)Coats epoxy primer prior to Trinidad 75 Pro bottom paint Maxguard UV-inhibiting exterior gelcoat Molded-in nonskid walking surfaces Folding helm seat, creating walk-thru transom Double leaf folding cockpit table Hot/cold cockpit shower LPG locker, space for 2-bottles Emergency tiller Inland & International navigation lights Bottom paint renewed w/Trinidad Pro Blue(5/11)
- Mariner Packege Equipment: Bose 3.2.1 CD/DVD-AM/FM entertainment system Electric anchor windlass Engine upgrade to 40 hp Yanmar Harken adjustable mainsheet traveler on arch Inner spring mattress-aft cabin In-mast furling mainsail system 36" Lewmar leather wrapped folding wheel Oceanaire hatch shades w/screens Raymarine ST-60 upgrade knotmeter/depthsounder Raymarine ST-60 wind speed/direction Refrigeration-front loading
- Additional Information
- "TRUE STORY" is just that to the owners. They shared a dream of having a sailboat and then lived that dream. "TRUE STORY" has been lightly sailed and well taken care of. New to the market, she is offered for sale as the owners have other adventures awaiting them.
- Exclusions include but are not limited to Owner's personal effects, tools, art work, books, charts, portable dehumidifier/air conditioner and any equipment not specifically mention in this listing.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- For addtional information and photos please contact Central Listing Agent, Scott W. Pursell, CPYB. Direct; 941-757-1250, Mobile; 941-720-4503, E-mail; Scottp@masseyyacht.com.