- 42 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
This Wheeler was purchased in 2002 by the great grandson of the original Wheeler builder. It was originally an Express Cruiser (flybridge was added in the early 1970's). Mr. Wheeler had the woodwork redone, replaced several planks, the transom redone, and hull epoxy wrapped.
The current owner bought the boat in 2005 and continued the restoration with work "under the hood". The engines, fuel tanks, and exhaust systems were completely removed in 2008. The engines were rebuilt, the tanks were pressure tested and cleaned, and the exhaust system was completely replaced (risers, hoses, mufflers, etc.). While this equipment was out, a complete rebuild of the structural components of the engine room was done with new oak supports and sistering of load bearing ribs. Additionally, complete bilge cleaning occurred throughout the remainder of the boat, with generous applications of penetrating epoxy on structure, and bilgecoat paint applied to protect the ribs/stringers.
The deck was repainted in 2009 with non-skid, and the flybridge was completely stripped of all fittings, new seating installed and repainted in 2011.
50-foot mooring also available in “D” block of Newport Harbor if needed (not included in price).
- Mahogany planks on oak frame and structural keel, bronze-screw fastened. Deck and cabin room are fiberglass over wood. Varnished mahogany deck trim. Awlgrip hull.
- Sleeps 5 in double V-berth, larger single quarter berth, and large drop settee. Head with shower. The galley is equipped with pressure hot water (hot-water tank) and an AC/DC icebox. The interior is varnished mahogany with a carpeted cabin sole.
- EQUIPMENT - GENERAL
- Bilge blower, Halon fire-extinguishing system, 2 Rule automatic/electric bilge pumps, 3 fire extinguishers, bell, horn, flares, 12-plus adult PFDs, 2 horseshoe rings, searchlight, docking lines, boathook, fenders, Boarding ladder, swim platform, teak cockpit settee with table and cushions, and a 8-foot Achilles inflatable dinghy with 2002 Yamaha 4 stroke outboard.
- 12v/110v lighting and 12v starting system (two 12v starter and four 6v house), circuit-breaker panel, Kohler 7.3kW gas generator with 150 hours, 30amp shore-power hook-ups, battery-condition indicator, master switch. Ice box with AC/DC refrigeration unit. Electric windless with remote operation.
- Twin 300-hp Chrysler Marine M440 8-cyl. fresh-water-cooled gas engines, installed in 1972, rebuilt in 2008. Top speed is 16+ knots with cruising at 12 knots at 2500 rpm.
- GROUND TACKLE
- Danforth bow anchor with 100' chain and 100'-x-3/4" rode. Spare stern anchor with 15' chain and 200' rode (original anchor).
- ELECTRONICS & NAVIGATION
- Clock, compass in binnacle, VHF radio, Raytheon fish finder, AM/FM radio cassette CD player, charts.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.