- 42 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- QSC-600 w/Zeus drives @ 600hp
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
The Viking 42 Open, Viking’s first pod propulsion boat is finally being released. It has been some time since Viking has built a boat in this size range but there's no mistaking its resourceful blue-water gene pool or its resemblance to its larger siblings.
The wraparound metallic black windshield mask, which blends artfully with the dark tinted salon windows and the aggressive rake of the bow, provides the Viking 42 Open Yacht a most pleasing profile. In the cockpit, the signature observation mezzanine affords both seating and stowage, while on the flying bridge, a center console helm flanked with port and starboard lounge seating, and a lounge ahead of the helm is both clever and practical. Two ladder-back helm seats add to the fit and finish.
Stylish accommodations below feature Viking's renowned hand-finished teak joinery and accommodations for four in two staterooms, along with two heads, each with a fiberglass stall shower.
All photos are manufacturer photos.
- The Viking 42 Open is big on accommodations and performance. Spacious and well appointed, the air-conditioned salon is a pleasant haven. The L-shaped lounge and teak table is an invitation to relax, dine and plan tomorrow’s adventure. To starboard, the galley replicates the same attention to detail found aboard larger Vikings with hand-finished high-gloss teak joinery throughout, ample maple-lined stowage cabinetry, a polished Corian countertop, and premium appliances. Beneath the surface, details continue to emerge, like an accessible freshwater manifold system below the custom Amtico salon sole. Overnighting is enhanced with a queen-size island berth in the air-conditioned master stateroom forward and private access to the well-proportioned head with a fiberglass shower stall. A second air-conditioned stateroom with 6 ft. 3 in. headroom is aft beneath the command deck with large side-by-side berths, a night table, and twin locker stowage. A three-stateroom, two-head version also is available. Just steps away from the cockpit, the command bridge is versatile and attractive with a fiberglass wraparound windshield providing excellent visibility at the center console helm. Single lever electronic controls are silky smooth and engage effortlessly. A recessed compartment to starboard, houses the Zeus joy-stick control, which intuitively connects you to the engines for uncanny maneuverability. Navigation electronics and the SmartCraft instrument package live in a raised pod protected from the elements with a clear acrylic lid that lifts on gas struts. Three Murray Products stainless-steel pedestal, white ladder back chairs merges style and comfort. Port and starboard lounge seating with stowage below pleases cruisers and fishing crews alike. The split observation mezzanine in the 120 square-foot cockpit conceals insulated stowage compartments beneath the cushions. Quick engine access is provided through a hatch on the command deck, and via a command deck hydraulic lift for total accessibility from the cockpit. Port and starboard molded-in insulated fish boxes and a walk-through transom door with lift gate are standard. Optional equipment including a bait freezer and transom live well can personalize the 42 Open to your specific needs.
- Engine Options
- POWER OPTIONS • Cummins / QSB-440 w/ Zeus Drive 440 MHP Base • Cummins / QSB-480 w/ Zeus drive 480 MHP Option • Cummins / QSC 600 600 MHP Option
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- For more information, call our Viking Specialists! Dave Hirshberg * Naples, FL * 239-289-6098 Ron Hirshberg * Tampa / Sarasota * 941-545-6212 Jimmy Azzolini * Destin, FL * 850-259-3246 Stan Hoynowski * Orange Beach, Al * 850-596-1645 Randy Bright * Houston, TX * 713-816-2165 Galati Yacht Sales has been committed to exceeding the expectations of its customers for more than 42 years, and we understand that purchasing a boat is a big decision. Our professional staff is here to assist you in every way – before, during and after the sale. Please feel free to contact us with any questions that you may have. Helpful Links: Finance | Insurance | Deals and Specials | Sell Your Yacht