- 48 (ft.)
- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- J&T 4-71N
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
This Trojan Meridian 48 raised pilothouse long range cruiser is #11 of 13 designed by Blaine Seely and built by Whittaker Corp. New lower price!
This solid, sturdy cruiser is ready for a comfortable and safe cruise wherever you want to go. She's cruised twice around the Great Loop, Canadian Maritimes, St. Lawrence Seaway, Great Lakes, inland river systems, Gulf of Mexico and Florida Keys while owners lived aboard.
Looking for a Great Loop cruiser? The mast folds down to make a 15' 2" bridge clearance.
You'll appreciate all the maintenance and cosmetics done over time to make this your next home. Less than 1,000 engine hours since overhaul.
Pilothouse settee and table doubles as a a comfortable place for a meal, reading a book, taking a nap at dock or while captain is at PH helm. Captain will appreciate the PH helm layout with everything within reach. The alley shaped galley has all the appliances and lots of countertop and cabinet storage for elegant meals while months at sea. Salon offers a large space for additional furniture if desired in addition to sofa. Sleep 4-6 on master centerline queen, guest double v-berth, PH settee and aft salon sofa.
Aft cockpit is covered by bridge for shady comfortble place to relax and entertain. Wide side decks have high protection all around. Bridge has electric crane to lift your dinghy from cradle aft. Bridge helm offers 360 degree view with repeater instruments from PH.
If you're looking for a long range cruiser set up for liveaboard lifestyle while cruising, this Trojan Meridian is worth serious consideration.
- Walkthrough tour and Accommodations
- Come aboard wide protected side deck and enter one of two teak trimmed dutch doors to pilothouse with 6' 6" headroom and lovely teak plank sole. Notice the very well designed pilothouse helm with excellent view and all navigation equipment within reach. You'll appreciate the large raised settee facing forward and long folding table for family and friends to join the captain while cruising. The pilothouse is also a perfect area for reading and relaxing while anchored or docked. The 5' long settee may sleep a guest, especially a child..You will appreciate the large amount of storage in the pilothouse with a chart drawer under the settee and a cabinet on starboard side. Pilothouse is well ventilated with large opening windows and airconditioning/heat as needed. Move forward down 7 curved steps to master and guest suites. Master is amidship under pilothouse with queen centerline walkaround berth, 6' 2" headroom. You'll love all the cabinet and hanging locker space and drawers under the berth.From inside master suite, go to starboard to enter private master head with electric fresh water toilet, long vanity with ceramic oval sink and plenty of storage underneath. A large master shower is separated by folding glass door from the head. Move forward from master to guest and day head with 2 entrances - one from foot of stairs and another from guest cabin. Guest head has electric fresh water toilet, long vanity with ceramic oval sink and lots of storage. Guest cabin offers double v-berth and has a desk, hanging locker and drawer storage. Fresh air ventilation is ample via overhead opening hatch and side ports. An airconditioning/heat unit covers master and guest suites. Now move aft through pilothouse down 4 steps to galley and salon with 6' 4" headroom.and lovely parquet teak sole. Galley is alley design all along bulkhead and open to salon. You'll appreciate the large salon with 5 large opening screened side windows and screened french door to aft cockpit. Airconditioning/heat unit keeps this area comfortable as needed. The salon has storage aplenty with bookshelves and cabinets. TV is mounted on a corner cabinet shelf with visibility to galley and salon. The comfortable double cushion sofa offers a nice place to relax and sleep an extra guest. There is plenty of space for your additional furniture if desired. Next move out the aft french teak doors to the spacious covered aft cockpit. You'll enjoy this area for entertaining and relaxing. Teak steps to side docks are movable to either side and stern gate puts you on swim platform. Plus lazarette and cabinet offer plenty of space to store lines, fenders and cleaning "stuff". Move up the ladder to bridge aft deck with electric crane and cradle to store and lift your dinghy. Up another couple of steps forward to centerline flybridge helm. • Salon and galley teak parquet sole • headroom is 6' 4" in salon & 6' 6" in pilothouse • 3 separate social areas: pilothouse, salon, aft cockpit • plenty of bookshelves and cabinets throughout • sleeps 4-6 • airconditioning/heat throughout interior • fresh air circulates through large side screened windows • centerline queen master berth • master head has shower separated by folding glass door • pilothouse raised settee seats 4 at long table • pilothouse exhaust and defrost fans
- You will love this large, galley designed galley open to salon across long countertop workspace. Prepare nutritious meals and snacks with 4 burner propane stove and oven and microwave oven. Enjoy the large conventional full-size freezer over refrigerator to store perishables for long range cruising. Storage is abundant for nonperisables in plenty of galley cabinets. Clean-up is easy with large countertop and deep double stainless steel sink. • full size freezer over refrigerator 110v powered via 1800w inverter • propane 4 burner stove and oven with overhead hood • microwave oven • long countertop workspace open to salon • deep double stainless steel sink • vast cabinet storage for food, dishes and cookware • ceiling fan
- Navigation: • Furuno 1833 color radar • Northstar 951 GPS/chartplotter • Raymarine ST 6002 autopilot with wireless remote • Sitex fishfinder with speed & temperature • Davis weather center with temperature, wind speed & direction • Standard Horizon Quantum DSC VHF/hailer with RAM mike • ICOM 502 DSC VHF • Datamarine depth sounder with flybridge remote • Garmin USB GPS for laptop connection to your charting software • Ritchie mounted compass at lower helm and bridge helm • rearview video camera • 12v remote controlled spotlight Entertainment: • JVC AM/FM/CD stereo with Bose speakers • 2 Direct TV receivers • WIFI booster/receiver • Digital Antenna wireless cellphone booster/amplifier
- DC power • 4 series wired 6v house batteries • 2 8D engine start batteries • 2 group 27 generator start batteries • Sentry automatic battery charger • bonding system and grounding plate AC power • 10kw 1800rpm Yanmar diesel generator • 1800w Xantrex inverter dedicated to refrigerator and TV • dual 50amp shorepower inlets on bow and stern cockpit
- Engines and Mechanical
- Engine room below salon is a comfortable work space with easy access to twin diesel engine standard maintenance areas. Generator is in cockpit lazarette, reducing sound penetration to interior salon and sleeping cabins. • twin J&T 4-71N Detroit Diesels less than 1,000 hours since overhaul • Yanmar 10kw diesel generator • hydraulic steering • Aetna digital engine tachometers • 4 blade props with spare props and spare shaft • dripless shaft seals • Drivesaver shaft couplings • Shaft Shark line cutters • 12v engine oil change system • Racor 75-900 MAX dual mount fuel filters with selector valves • fuel polishing system • new barrier coat, antifouling paint and zincs Spring 2012 • airconditioning units in salon/galley, pilothouse and forward cabins • pilothouse exhaust and defrost fans • hot/cold pressurized water system • GE water filter for direct shorewater and tank filling • 20 gallon 110v water heater • four 50 gallon water tanks new 2008 • 2 electric marine heads with fresh water flush • 12v automatic bilge pumps and emergency 110v bilge pump
- Deck and Hull
- Even before stepping aboard, you'll immediately notice the beautifully maintained and shiny hull. Decks are fiberglass with moulded nonskid. Portuguese bridge wraps around forward of pilothouse with access to forward lazerette storage and bow surrounded by stainless steel rails. Portuguese bridge extends past side dutch doors to steps up to fiberglass side decks with overhead handrails to aft cockpit. Aft cockpit and bridge decks and swim platform are fiberglass.. Mast above bridge aft of helm holds radar, radar reflector, wind instrument, TV antenna and flag halyards, and folds down to lower bridge clearance to 15' 2". False stack aft of mast holds propane tanks with room for more PFDs. Aft and bow dual 50 amp shorepower outlets for easy set up at dock. • folding mast reduces bridge clearance to 15' 2" • Ideal double anchor windlass with chain and rope capstan • anchor chain stopper • Delta 44# anchor with 200' 3/8 BBB chain • spare Danforth anchor with 200' rope and chain rode • SS rub rail • overhead hand rails along side decks • SS bow and uppr deck rails and stanchions • fiberglass swim platform with ladder • movable teak steps to side decks and dock from aft cockpit • fresh washdowns at bow and cockpit, raw water washdown at bow • 110v electric 1000# dinghy crane and dinghy cradle
- Broker's Comments
- This Trojan Meridian is a head-turner - clean, shiny, well maintained and ready for your cruise. If you're looking for a stable, comfortable cruiser to live aboard for a short time or serious long term cruising, give this raised pilothouse cruiser serious consideration. She's a rare opportunity at a new lower price.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Out of state buyers may buy and use their boat in beautiful Florida for 180 days with no Florida sales tax. Ask Capt. Calvin for details. For more details and to arrange to see this very nice Trojan Meridian RPH, contact Capt. Calvin at 941.830.1047 or CaptCalvin@EdwardsYachtSales.com or Capt. Wendy at 941.916.0660 Click here to see more quality trawlers.