- 44 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- 6LY-ETP FWC diesel
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
McHAPPY is an outstanding example of the rare and beloved Hinckley Talaria 44 Motoryacht. This is the only Motoryacht available on the market today. Finished in 2008, she features all the “right” equipment and has been lovingly cared for her entire life. Given her condition, this boat will not be on the market long.
- McHAPPY is a special Hinckley T-44 Motoryacht offered at a very good price. She was built for a knowledgeable Hinckley owner who was able to "tweak" the boats specification to ensure she was fully optimized for family and friends. She has always been maintained to a high level by an outstanding captain as well as the Hinckley Service Department. She is kept on a boat lift during the season and then inside during the summer months to ensure she stays looking great. *Name reserved. Highlights include: (2) Yanmar 480-hp electronic engines Onan Generator Dual, varnished teak doors for access to the pilothouse Drawer-style refrigeration refit after original build Custom cockpit table for comfortable eating outside
- HULL and DECK
- Flag Green Awlgrip topsides. Light Cream Gelcoat deck & cabintop with molded-in nonskid. Double Light Cream Awlgrip boot stripe. Red bottom paint CONSTRUCTION: The Hull is Hinckley DualGuard® Composite Construction- Kevlar®/E-glass outer skin. Aircraft grade end grain balsa below the waterline. Carbon fiber inner skin. Laminated with Vinylester resin using Seaman Composite Resin Infusion Molding Process (SCRIMP®). The Deck is E-glass outer and inner skin with aircraft grade end grain balsa and closed cell foam core. Laminated with Vinylester resin using Seaman Composite Resin Infusion Molding Process (SCRIMP®). The deck has a molded nonskid pattern Features include: Marelon ball-valve seacocks below the water line, and Marelon thru-hulls above the water line. Stainless steel half-round molding on rub rail. Swim platform with teak inserts has a stainless steel swim ladder under the swim platform Deck Features : Tapered, varnished teak toe rail with Hinckley profile and varnished teak trim. Varnished teak eyebrow around cabin top Handrails on the cabin trunk and pilothouse tops are Stainless Steel Stainless Steel Bow Rail Anchor locker is molded into foredeck locker with hinged gas spring assisted hatch. Remote control for anchor windlass as well as control at helm. Anchor also can be pinned in place or pivoted back into the locker for a clean look. Freshwater wash down spigot installed in anchor locker in lieu of customary saltwater spigot. This provides additional reliability. Aft transom swim handle – painted to match hull Stainless Steel chafe strip across transom Fishing Rod Holders on side decks (9) Lewmar Ocean aluminum hatches (5 on cabin house and 4 on pilothouse top) with smoke gray Lexan. All hatches have Ocean Air Blinds/Screens (6) Elliptical trunk cabin opening port lights with removable screens. Stainless steel chocks and mooring cleats. Wichard folding pad eyes & chafe strips for fender & dock lines – extended chafe strips port and starboard. Pilothouse roof has a custom Hinckley mast (shorter than standard) to fit below low bridges. No functionality lost with shorter mast. (Allows boat to clear 12’ bridges), anchor/steaming light, VHF antenna. Running lights Port and Starboard Dual Kahlenberg air horn ACR spotlight with remote at helm station.
- Entry to the boat cockpit is either from the side gunwale step or through the transom. A centerline transom door opens from the swim platform. Varnished teak coamings and coaming caps Custom removable varnished teak cockpit table attaches to the port coaming. Removable teak boarding step for side decks(to keep feet off varnished toe rail) - that can be used port or starboard. Stainless Steel and Teak boarding step inside of coaming - attaches port or starboard. Aft-facing Settees - Port and starboard with cushions that are covered in Dupione Sand 8011 Custom Hinckley designed stern seating with filler piece to provide full athwartship seating. Seating has teak nosing and teak legs for improved appearance. Cushions are Dupione Sand 8011. Weather covers for all exterior seating Cockpit coaming lights with dimmer Courtesy lighting in cockpit walkway riser Cockpit shower with spigot has hot and cold mixing valve near transom door. Glendinning Cable master shore cord reel system. Cable TV and Phone inlet in cockpit under side decks. Phone outlet is in aft locker of dinette alcove Two MB Quartz stereo speakers with volume control in pilothouse A cockpit sole hatch provides access to the water jets and provides additional storage Cooler – Insulated and drained “fish box-style” on transom Stainless steel 316L drain plates on all scuppers. Ivory Stamoid cockpit cover fastens to pilothouse top and fastens with snaps to cockpit stern. Access provided by zippers from swim platform and from starboard side deck. Exterior window covers for the aft pilothouse windows
- The Pilothouse has a Helm area with Stidd helm seat to starboard, and Stidd navigator’s seat to port. Both are covered in Ivory Ultraleather. L-shaped cushioned settees are port and starboard. Cushions are covered in matching Astrup Scuba Dune. Access is provided by dual custom teak varnished doors. Gloss varnished cherry table with Stidd hi-lo manual pedestal to port with the option converting to bunk. Filler cushion and padded cover for table. Gloss varnished cherry dash and window trim. Gloss varnished teak and tulip sole. (2) Varnished cherry handrails in pilothouse, overhead port and starboard. Storage under port and starboard settees. Storage locker under forward portion of sole. Additional storage provided under helm seat behind louvered cherry door. Shelf divides area. Engine room access day hatch in deck sole aft. Ivory Stamoid window covers for all pilothouse windows Reverse-cycle air conditioning ducts port and starboard. (2) MB Quartz stereo speakers with volume control at helm station. The Pilothouse has 3-forward tempered glass fixed windows. The front windows are clear, i.e. no tint. Three wipers with freshwater wash down is controlled by pad at helm station. The pilothouse side windows slide open to give the helmsmen and crewmembers additional communication to the dock as well as additional ventilation. These windows are tinted gray. Aft windows enclosing pilothouse are curved. These windows are tinted gray. White noise-absorbent overhead with varnish battens. (4) Overhead opening hatches for excellent ventilation. Sky screen sunscreens on pilothouse hatches with screen or shade. Overhead recessed halogen lamps on dimmers provide lighting. Sunbrella cabin sole cover Navigator/Passenger's Area: Stidd seat has X-2 integrated foot rest. Forward of navigator seat to port is a cherry shelf with laminated fiddle. Outboard is a varnished cherry shelf with laminated fiddle rail. The main DC/AC electrical breaker panel is under this shelf. Also in this area are: Galvanic isolator monitor panel. Cupholder 110-volt outlet Air conditioner control pad Air conditioner outlet vent
- Helm & Navigation/Electronics
- Gloss varnished cherry dash with Hinckley JetStick®, (2) E-120 color displays, engine controls and gauges, and a 14" wood steering wheel. Forward of the helm seat is a stainless steel footrest. Custom 3” step-up for helm step Outboard of the helm seat is a varnished teak shelf with fiddle which houses the Hinckley JetStick®, engine controls, autopilot and a cup holder, 12-volt outlet Additional Cupholder under helm seat aft. Electronics & Navigation Equipment : (2) Raymarine E120 Navigation displays. 12” color displays showing Chartplotter, GPS, Fishfinder, Radar DSM 300 Fish Finder Module Sirius satellite Weather Receiver for the Raymarine E Series displays Raytheon Raymarine ST6001+ Autopilot Raymarine 4-Kw open-array Radar antenna, painted to match deck. Raymarine ST60 display for Depth on dash Standard Horizon Ram MicPlus full function VHF mic. Danforth Compass. Compass has dimmer light Control for pilothouse and cockpit speakers Yanmar engine digital display (one display shows both engines) Analog style engine gauges- Tachometer, water temp, oil pressure Fireboy override switch ACR remote spotlight control Fuel transfer pump on/off switches Lenco trim tab controls and indicators Exalto windshield wiper controls Fuel tank gauges Entertainment Electronics: Alpine FM/ tuner with remote and XM Satellite Radio Alpine 6-disc CD Changer IPOD connection 20” Sharp Aquos flat-screen TV mounted in cherry frame in dinette. Input is DVD and Shore Cable Four (3) pair of MB Quartz speakers -Individual zone volume controls.
- ACCOMMODATIONS BELOW
- From the Pilothouse forward down one step is the mid level galley to port. At the forward end of the galley is an additional step down to the settee which is to starboard. Forward of the settee to starboard is the shower compartment. To port across from the shower is the head with access from the salon as well as from the forward cabin. The forward cabin with centerline bunk is separated from aft area by a solid door. Interior is finished with satin varnish cherry. Cabin sole is gloss varnish teak and tulip wood. White fabric overhead with cherry battens All locker doors are accessed by push button style knobs. Curtains on all opening ports of house side are Sunbrella Linen drop-down style curtains. Dimmers on all interior lighting, except shower. Sunbrella cabin sole covers MAIN CABIN: This cabin has a U-shaped Dinette/Salon to starboard and the Galley to port. Two large overhead opening hatches add extra light and ventilation to this full-beam area. GALLEY (Portside): Portside is the U-shaped GALLEY finished in satin-varnished cherry cabinetry with louvered locker doors and Rye Corian countertop with fiddled edges. Miele two burner stove- upgrade from standard Microwave/convection oven –built-in under cooktop Custom installed two drawer Uline drawer refrigerator Hinckleyfreezer outboard of refrigerator with Stainless Steel box. Access from top. Under mounted single bowl stainless steel sink - with Grohe fixture/sprayer. Hot and cold pressure fresh water system. Silverware drawer below microwave Large storage drop down door below silverware drawer Two lockers with lift up doors above sink Trash can is accessed by tilt- in panel Under sink storage behind louvered door. Alcove storage outboard of counter top with dividers for cups/glasses and plates. (4) Drawers under counter between microwave and refrigerator Double 110-volt outlet Inverter/Battery Charger control panel Generator remote panel Water tank gauge Overhead hatch with sky screen shade. 12-volt dome light over sink with dimmer. DINING AREA SETTEE : U-shaped Dining Area is opposite the Galley to starboard seats five comfortably. Cushions are covered in Orchard colored Ultraleather. The gloss varnished cherry dining table is on a pedestal that allows the table to convert to a double berth. The drop down position includes a matching covered filler cushion. Pedestal is Stidd manual up/down. Padded cover is provided for table. Outboard are louvered door cherry lockers, and a storage alcove. Opening portlight outboard with curtain. Courtesy step light to galley Custom cherry locker at the aft end of the settee provides additional storage and binocular storage inboard Two Frigast stainless steel reading lamps fore and aft and one directional overhead halogen light Storage under seats Overhead hatch with sky screen shade Air conditioning vent. One set of MB Quartz stereo speakers . 110V power outlet HEAD: Next forward of the Galley and Dining Area to starboard is the shower compartment and to port is the head. There are opening ports and opening deck hatches in both the head and the shower. To Starboard: Separate Shower Separate Shower with Antique White Formica bulkheads and fiberglass sole with molded-in nonskid. Seat for shower Divided storage/towel locker outboard over the teak shower seat. Stainless steel towel rack is mounted above the outboard locker. Removable hand held Grohe shower head. 12-volt dome light Overhead hatch with Ocean Air blind /screen To Port: The Head Area The Head area has light cream-colored fiberglass sole with molded-in nonskid. The bulkheads in the head are satin varnished cherry. Vanilla Corian countertop with polished stainless steel undermounted sink, Grohe fixtures, with hot & cold pressure water Cherry-trimmed mirror - full-size mounted on the door to the forward cabin Vacuflush marine head is plumbed directly to the 43-gallon holding tank that can then be emptied via a deck fitting to a discharge facility or overboard through the Sealand macerator pump Divided storage locker outboard (2) Recessed halogen lights on dimmer 110-volt outlet Outlet for the air conditioning system Tankwatch holding tank monitor MASTER STATEROOM (Forward Cabin): Forward, the locking cabin solid cherry door opens to a centerline Queen berth with mattress covered in Sunbrella Duhione Sand 8011. Storage includes double doors forward to the chain/rope locker, port and starboard hanging lockers, and outboard shelves and compartments. The forward cabin has a large overhead hatch and there are oval opening window ports, starboard and portside for plenty of extra light and ventilation. Storage drawers below bunk Outboard, port and starboard of the centerline bunk are storage compartments with lift-up tops Hanging lockers port and starboard have a louvered doors and cedar lining and dome lights. Two overhead lights as well as Frigast reading lamps mounted on the forward bulkhead. (2) Hella fans on the forward bulkhead with remote switch aft Overhead opening hatch with sky screen shade. 110-volt outlet Air conditioning ducts port and starboard Private entrance to head from master stateroom
- Separate 12 Volt-DC starting and accessories systems – 120/240 Volt A/C system with breaker distribution panel: (2) Lifeline GPL-31/600 CCA batteries - main engine & generator start (8) AGM GPL-4C batteries - rated at 440-amp/hr - for 24-volt and 12-volt service Custom Bass 12-volt DC electrical circuit breaker panel - with volt and amp meter gauges. 12-volt DC 80-amp alternator on starboard engine - for starting batteries. 24-volt DC 100-amp alternator on portside - for ships service batteries. 120-Volt and 240-Volt AC systems from shore power and generator: Onan 13.5 Kw Generator (409hr 7/12) - rated for 240 volt AC, 60 Hz. 30-amp/12-VDC battery charger for start system 110-volt outlets: Galley, Head, Engine room, Pilothouse, Dinette, and Master Stateroom. Custom Bass 120-volt AC electrical circuit panel with Hinckley combo 120/240 AC Shore power 50-amp 110/220-volts AC cord and Glendinning reel system. Mastervolt inverter/charger charger - 50-amp 24-VDC- with remote monitor/control panel. Other: (4) Four caged 12-volt lights in engine room and one caged light in forepeak. Batteryswitches and engine battery parallel Copper electrical bonding system – grounding buss system and sacrificial anode. GFI protected circuits in galley, engine room and head and in pilothouse. Professional Mariner Zinc Saver The Generator has a 35-amp alternator that can also charge the start batteries.
- Twin 2008 Yanmar 6LY3-ETP diesel 480-hp 6-cylinder in-line engines with ZF Marine 1.41:1 reverse/reduction gear, Aqua Drive CV shaft system, and twin Hamilton 322 waterjets. Yanmar electric single-lever controls and synchronizer control the engineRPM's & transmission. Patented Hinckley JetStick® control system integrates forward and aft motion of the boat, steering, and the 10" electric bow thruster. Yanmar Keyless engine start/stop system 24-volt DC 10" reversible prop bow thruster - integrated with JetStick®. Trim tabs - Dual-cylinder stainless steel with controls and displays at helm station. Saltwater cooled-in-line muffler exhaust system. Racor LG-100 in-line fuel filters for engine & generator with vacuum and water sensing gauges. Electronic engine digital display as well as analog style gauges. Analog style fuel gauges. Alarms for low oil pressure, high cooling water temperature, seawater flow, and jet high pressure (hydraulic). Electric engine box riser on port and starboard sides. Custom Racor PK1912 Electric primer pumps for Racor filters Algae-X fuel filters for engines and generator Oil transfer pump for engines, transmissions and generator. (2) Fuel transfer pumps with switch at helm. Flojet 12-volt DC pump with accumulator tank. 12-volt DC sump pump with automatic float switch for grey water (3) 12-volt DC automatic bilge pumps with float switches. High water bilge alarm system with Ultimate Senior switches Whale Gusher bilge pump. Fireboy automatic fire extinguisher system, with automatic engine shut-down. (4) Dry chemical fire extinguishers Two-inch foam/composite fully insulated engine room and flexible engine mounts provide quiet, vibration-free cruising 12-volt engine room blower. 42,000 BTU Marineair reverse-cycle air conditioner services pilothouse, galley, dinettes, head, shower, and forward cabin. 24,000 BTU in pilothouse and 18,000 for dinette, galley and forward cabin. Tankage: (2) Aluminum alloy 150-gallon wing fuel tanks. (1) 200-gallon centerline fuel tank with remote fuel gauges. 100-gallon stainless steel freshwater tank. 43-gallon holding tank 17-gallon stainless steel insulated water heater - heated electrically or by transfer of engine heat
- ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT
- Ground Tackle: Muir electric 24-volt DC windlass in foredeck anchor locker. Custom 316L polished stainless steel bow roller. Bow roller mounted 35# stainless steel Delta anchor with 25' x 3/8" stainless steel chain +200' x 5/8" nylon rode. Equipment: ACR spotlight - mounted on pilothouse top with remote at helm Varnished teak bow burgee pole and stainless socket Varnished teak ensign pole and stainless steel socket Kahlenberg air horn Navigation lights Dock lines Fenders with covers Boat hook – mounted under starboard side deck Horn - 12-volt – with switch on dash Brass 6" bell Life jackets
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Hinckley Brokerage Offices: SOUTHWEST HARBOR-ME: Broker: Bob Pooler Cell: 207-460-7589 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 207-244-5531 PORTSMOUTH, RI: Office: 401-683-7005 • Brokers: Ted Gersen (CPYB) Cell: 401-338-2717 E-mail: email@example.com • Bob Jarrett (CPYB) - Cell: 203-600-8692 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ANNAPOLIS, MD: Broker: Peter Howard (CPYB) Cell: 443-852-0193 E-mail: email@example.com Office: 410-263-0193 STUART- FL: Broker: Prescott Brown Cell: 772-538-2140 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 772-403-5387 NAPLES-FL: Broker: Jack Erbes Cell: 401-418-2188 E-mail: email@example.com Office: 239-261-2879 HARBOR SPRINGS-MI: Broker: Marty Letts Cell: 231-330-3680 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 231-526-4378 CHICAGO-IL: Broker: Ryan McPheeters Cell: 312-860-9474 E-mail: email@example.com