The 43DS is the perfect boat for comfortable cruising. The raised coach roof with big windows allows for an abundance of light in the main saloon. This boat is ready to go! Full CG safety gear and electronics.
- Accommodations This unique design features a raised saloon so that you have exceptional visibility out--seated or standing. The aft cabin arrangement offers a full sized island berth with good walk around space, and an ensuite head. The forward cabin has its own head a large double and a vanity. The main saloon gives you exceptional visibility out either sitting or standing. The large dinette will sit 4 very comfortably, and two can sit at the combination table across. When not used for entertaining, this second area becomes the Nav area. There's plenty of storage under this table, and around the Nav area and room for computer, SSB, and more.
- Galley There's a great, U shaped galley to starboard with all of the amentites. Electric refrigeration with separate refrigerator freezer and gas stove/oven. Plenty of room for the microwave and all appliances and more room than you'll find in anything her size. There's a front and top opening refrigerator. Abundant drawers and cabinets and a gas range and oven. Lift the floors under the galley and there's drop in storage boxes--built in.
- Electronics There's a full compliment of sailing instruments (wind, speed, depth) as well as electonric chart plotting and an auto-pilot. The VHF has a Ram mike at the steering station The convenient pod at the steering station puts everything at your fingertips. The lower Nav station has plenty of room for repeaters, your computer and more.
- Electrical Complete 12V system with separate engine and house batteries. The 110V. system has dual 30 Amp service and a full compliment of outlets. A Heart 3000 invertor/battery charger complete the mix. Reverse A/C is installed. You have individual, zone controls and the unit features a dehumidifyer setting to use when you leave the boat unattended. A stereo with CD and inside and outside speakers is included.
- Deck The huge cockpit is the first amentity that most people notice. But you'll also appreciate the easy, low exit to the wide side decks that take you forward. The electric windlass makes anchoring easy. Because the cockpit is the social center of the boat, and the place that you will be spending most of your waking hours. Custom innovations added: 1. This vessel has a exclusive Maryland Bimini/connector/dodger system. The front and sides of the dodger are completely removable so that you can have protection all the way forward, over the full companionway while still enjoying the summer breeze. But, when the going gets rough, you can button everything up with the wrap around, removable plexiglass (see pix). In addition, the connector comes off, allowing you to fold down the dodger, or fold back the bimini. The helm station has a velcrowed sun cover over a clear plexiglass window allowing you a visual sail check from the helm. The cockpit cushions feature the new "flow through foam". They're as comfortable as interior cushions, but water flows right through making them extremely fast drying! They're contoured with tall back rests backed by a ss railing. This allows the cushions to extend at least 3 inches higher than normal for extremely comfortable back support--see the pix. The cockpit has all of the controls led to it. The helmsman, with the help of the autopilot, can set the boat to auto-tack so that the operation can be done single-handed. 3, or even 4 people can lounge behind the wheel and listen to the skippers stories! There's an easy to use rotating seat that gives access to the large swim platform. With the large custom Bimini/connector/dodger (see pix), you have a wonderful, shaded veranda for your home away from home.
- Additional The profile drawing reflects the secret of the 43DS's success. The cabin sole is raised exactly to the right height so that you can see out the large windows sitting or standing. (No one else has seemed to be able to capture this great feeling!) But there's a bonus. By raising the floor, there is room to put all the tanks, and heavy equipment amidship to keep the weight where it should be. The pilot house design gives you light and air, yes, but with all of the heavy equipment concentrated amidship, there is less hobby horsing. The 43DS compares favorably to her high performance brethern. (Actually, this is exactly the same hull used in the 44 racing boat--the Sun-Fast. Just a different keel, rig and deck.) With the raised floor, there's now wide open spaces for finished storage under the seats (where you typically find tanks and equipment on other boats. Raising the house, also allowed us to raise the cockpit so that you have excellent visibility forward, and plenty of room over the aft berth(s). Unlike a center-cockpit design, you sit aft, away from the spray, and have a much larger full width cockpit. Also, with the cockpit aft, you're not pushing forward intruding on the main saloon. The resulting main saloon is much longer, with the galley out from under the dungeon! The 43DS will make an excellent choice for long term live-aboard and long distance cruising. Comfortable, safe, elegant.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Please contact Cpt. Tom Knoedler CPYB Cell 443 880 2765 or E Mail email@example.com