- 40 (ft.)
- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
Meticulous maintenance and continual equipment upgrades by an experienced owner makes this boat an exceptional value. Sea Dragon is fully prepared and equipped for an extended cruise to the lower Caribbean planned by the owner and his family before personal reasons compelled a change of plans. She is in excellent condition and ready to sail away to the cruising destinations of your dreams.
Sea Dragon is loaded with spare parts, back-up systems and general boat inventory to a remarkable degree (the owner estimates about $20,000 worth!). A complete inventory is available on request, and adds remarkable value to this boat.
The Hunter 40.5 was designed to be a comfortable cruising boat blending comfort, performance and short-handed sailing capabilities. Her powerful rig and large mainsail enhance her performance, while the bulb-wing keel keeps her stable and 'shallow' in draft. A wide-open cockpit, complete with table, keeps you comfortable in a seaway or at anchor. Below, there is a beautiful main cabin finished in rich fabrics, hand-rubbed teak and Corian counter tops. Accomodations throughout are sumptuous and comfortable. It would be hard to find a better-equipped or more value-oriented comfortable cruising sailboat than this.
- Two private cabins sleep 4 with an additional 2 at the convertible dinette and 1 at the settee berth, for a total of 7 berths. The main cabin has 6' 6" of headroom and there are two heads (one at each stateroom). The master stateroom is located aft, under the cockpit, and features a full queen-size berth. Leading forward from the master stateroom, on the port side, is the L-shaped galley. Across from the galley, on the starboard side, is the navigation table and entry to the aft head, which contains a second access door to the master stateroom. The "U" shaped dinette is located on the port side, amidships, and there is a large settee directly across, on the starboard side. The forward head is to port, forward of, and with private access door to, the dinette. Immediatly forward is the guest stateroom containing a large, comfortable, vee-berth configuration. There are 9 topside opening hatches and 8 side port opening windows (w/screens and shades) for ventilation and light. Flooring throughout is teak and holly.
- New Refrigerator New Freezer Princess 3-burner propane stove w/oven Microwave - 700W Blender 12 vdc Seaward solenoid propane control valve 4 separate water tanks w/control valves and filtration New Water Heater Pressure Water System Double S/S sinks Corian Countertops Full sets of pots and pans, silverware, plates, cups, glasses, mugs etc. Toaster Coffee maker
- Electrical Systems
- 110 vac and 12 vdc systems Solar Panel - factory installed Entec 'Farryman' 4.2 kW diesel generator w/sound-dampening package 4 x 6 vdc Deep Cycle Batteries w/non-evaporation caps 1 x 12 vdc Engine Start Battery Spare Battery power source w/jumper cables Solar Battery Charger Heavy Duty 50 amp Battery Charger Dockside Electrical Cable - 30 amp DC to AC Inverter
- Yanmar 50HP diesel engine - model 4J2HE (443.7hrs) Full sets of repair and tune-up parts Spare impellers Fuel Guage Tool Kit Oil change pump-out kit Entec 'Farryman' 4.2kW Marine Diesel Generator, Model EW-4200-D w/sound reduction enclosure (310.7hrs) Non-leak waterless packing and S/S packing gland wrench Racor water and fuel filters
- Electronics and Navigation Equipment
- Tacktick Wireless Instruments (new): Depth w/alarms, Speed, Wind Indicator, Compass Autohelm ST6000 Autopilot Rudder Angle Indicator Apelco 5160 VHF Marine Radiotelephone Garmin GPS 6" Ritchie Compass w/spare 27" HD Flat Screen TV (new) w/external antenna DVD Player AM/FM Radio System w/cassette player. Speakers inside and outside (waterproof) with separate volume controls Brass clock and barometer set, tide clock, and brass ship's bell Hand-held digital wind speed/temp/etc meter Charts
- Sails and Rigging
- 65' Anodized, double spreader, fractional, cross-rigged aluminum mast, stepped on deck w/ aluminum mast steps S/S wire rigging Profurl roller furling system 2 x Lewmar #48 2-speed self-tailing winches 1 x Lewmar HD#44 2-speed self-tailing electric powered winch 1 x Lewmar 2-speed self-tailing winches 2 x winch handles, 4 x winch covers, winch repair kits and grease for all winches Manual boomvang Fully battened mainsail w/dutchman lazy jack system and telltails. Sail cover Mainsheet traveler 135% overlapping jib w/Sunbrella cover Very large Genoa w/Hood roller furler Asymetrical cruising spinnaker (w/50' Dragon emblem) and spinnaker sock sleeve Spinnaker pole Spinnaker boom w/mounts S/S fastner kit and clamp kit Whisker pole w/holder Storm Trysail Single line reefing system leads to cockpit Internal halyards lead to cockpit Emergency tiller Sail repair kit Sail wraps Marine rigging knives and marlin spikes 4 x sets sailing gloves Bird deterrant devices Flag pole holder
- Deck and Hull Equipment
- S/S Bow and stern pulpits with double lifelines and gates Danforth anchor with anchor roller, lock, and electric windlass Long anchor lines w/'scope' markers 6+ fenders and several flat fenders Blue Bimini top, blue binnacle helm station and winch covers Canvass hatch cover and two front window covers Integrated walk-through swim platform and ladder in transom Hot and cold fresh water shower on transom Factory binnacle table with drink holders External 12 vdc outlet installed on binnacle Bow and stern pulpit seats Cockpit cushions 2 Wind scoops Edson steering wheel w/rail storage holder and quick-release nut Teak cockpit seats (seats 9) Custom full-foam vinyl seat covers and backs 2 x Telescoping boat hooks
- Fire control system Fire extinguishers Survival 'abandon-ship' bag Full set of flares 10 x Life vests Throw-rope 'man overboard' line and throwable life preserver Horseshoe buoys w/cockpit mount Throwable ring buoy Strobe lights and whistles on lifejackets Manual and gas powered horns 2 x Floating survival immersion suits First aid kit Flashlights and spotlights Emergency leak plugs Heavy duty wire cutters Sea anchor Spare bilge pumps
- Additional Equipment
- Note: this is a partial list of additional equipment. A comprehensive Boat Inventory is available upon request, and is extensive! 19000 BTU King reverse cycle air conditioning Manual CO2 fire extinguisher system Cockpit engine controls 2 x Automatic and manual bilge pumps 35 gallon manual holding tank with macerator Engine is fresh-water cooled, w/engine alarm and emergency stop Engine and stove fuel shut-off valves Raw water sea strainers Air compressor Force 10 propane outside grill LG dehumidifier 10lb Aluminum Propane tank w/guage Outside lighting when moored 1500W Electric cabin heater 4 x 12 vdc Cabin fans Bosun's chair w/tool pouch and safety line Handheld digital wind guage Extra dock/mooring lines Misc: Folding deck chairs, wet/dry vacuum, deck wash brush kit, drinking water and washdown hose, 7 function multimeter, 2 x Hammocks, LED bulbs on most lights, flags, 12 tool S/S multi tool, 2 adult waterproof jackets, aluminum monkey wrenches, odor-resistant hoses on sanitation system, non-slip floor mats, 4 x sets of fins, masks and snorkels.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- PRICE REDUCTION. MUST SELL! THIS IS THE BEST HUNTER 40.5 LEGEND ON THE MARKE T...