- 36 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
Price Just Reduced
The Hunter 356 / 36 is one of the most sought after and highly regarded
mid-size cruisers ever built.
Her fast, capable hull, easily managed sail plan and comfortable, airy teak interior offer a superb balance of sailing performance and relaxing accommodations. This lovely boat has seen light use and attentive maintenance.
- MANUFACTURER'S DESCRIPTION
- The Hunter 356 features a tall fractional rig, which is a direct descendent of the B&R rig that powered Hunter's Child to a second place finish in the BOC. Hunter has engineered the mast to carry less weight aloft with smaller sections. This is accomplished by utilizing swept-back spreaders and reverse diagonals as well as mast support struts. This combination provides superior strength without a backstay and increases the stability at the same time. By using a large roach main as the power sail, Hunter has eased the effort in sail handling and allowed for real versatility for all wind and sea conditions. The benefit is better performance with less effort. The deck layout of the Hunter 356 reflects the innovation that accompanies the rig. An integrated arch protects the cockpit from snapping main sheets. This arch keeps the cockpit clear and open. A custom console stands ready with the instruments. Single-lever control and a fold-down table along with engine instrumentation complete the command station. The swim platform and walkthrough transom complete with shower and folding ladder are perfect for water sports or for boarding the tender. Storage is everywhere and the non-skid is absolutely first-rate. Comfort is truly important aboard whether for a week or a year, so Hunter has created an interior that not only looks good, but works as well. Two private, large staterooms, an enormous head with shower and a salon that can seat eight plus a gourmet galley will keep all the crew happy.
- VESSEL WALKTHROUGH
- Forward is a large cabin featuring a double berth, ample storage beneath, large lockers port and starboard, a louvered window to salon, French privacy doors, aft is a spacious main salon featuring a U-Shaped convertible settee to starboard and a single to port, large windows and hatches provides plenty of natural lighting and ventilation, a large navigation station with abundant chart storage and locker beneath.To starboard is a full service galley, to port a large enclosed head compartment featuring a separate shower stall with shower door. The cockpit is U-Shaped with ample room for entertaining, huge sail locker and stern lockers, cockpit shower and walk-thru transom. Self-tailing winches and rope clutches make line handling a breeze. All lines lead aft to cockpit for safety.
- FORWARD CABIN
- The forward cabin features a large double V-Berth with shelving both port and starboard, storage beneath, a large hanging locker to port and a large locker with shelving to starboard both are cedar lined, beautiful teak and holly sole, a fire extinguisher, 12v lighting, opening screened hatch with sun shade, louvered window to salon for additional lighting and ventilation, French privacy door to main salon.
- MAIN SALON
- A luxurious living space featuring a large U-shaped settee to starboard with table that drops to convert to a berth, two storage lockers behind the settee, small port lower and large port above with window shade, opening hatch with screen and shade,12v lighting, 110v outlet, clock and barometer, storage beneath. To port is a single settee with shelving behind, storage beneath, a low window and a larger window above, just aft of the port settee is a large navigation table that offers ample chart storage and additional storage beneath; the electric panel is located in the nav station along with a VHF Radio. The sole is teak and holly.
- A full service galley located aft starboard features beautiful Corian counter tops, a double stainless steel sink with hot/cold pressure water, two top loading ice boxes with Adler-Barbour refrigerator and freezer, Force 10 two burner propane stove w/oven serviced by two 6 lb. propane tanks located in stern cockpit locker, Microwave, Seaward hot water heater w/heat exchanger unit, built in trash receptacle, ample storage throughout with lockers and drawers.
- Garmin GPSMAP 210 Chartplotter Raymarine ST60 Speed Raymarine ST60 Depth Raymarine ST60 Wind Raymarine ST6002 Autopilot ICOM 402 VHF Radio West Marina AM/FM/CD/ MPS Stereo with main salon and cockpit speakers 5" Compass
- HULL & DECK
- The hull is solid fiberglass to a foot above the waterline with fiberglass structural grid for rigidity and balsa cored upper hull and decks. Walk-thru transom, stainless steel bow and stern rail, lifelines, swim ladder, anchor locker, stainless steel travler arch. The cockpit is rounded with plenty of room for everyone. Electronics are mounted at the helm on pedestal. Some other features are: Danforth anchor on bow roller with 50' of 5/16" Galvanized chain and 150' of 1/2" Nylon Rode. Lewmar Electric Windlass with wireless remote Travler arch with built in speaker Stern rail seat Huge sail locker with line storage large shallow corner locker for additional storage Dual propane tank locker w/ two tanks
- SAILS & RIGGING
- Seldon Aluminum Extruded Mast Seldon Aluminum Extruded Boom Schaeffer Boom Vang Profurl Roller Furling with Ulmer 110% Jib Main has lazy bag and Jib has sacrificial cover Traveler on Arch Jib Track with Cars (2) Lewmar #30 S/T Winches (2) Lewmar #40 2 Speed S/T Winches Standing Rigging 1 x 19 Stainless Single line reefing system Windex Wind Vane Two sets of triple line stoppers and organizers
- SAIL AREA
- IJPE : 632.00 sq ft I : 44.83 ft J : 13.17 ft P : 44.92 ft E : 15.00 ft Working Sail Area : 632.00 sq ft
- 12V DC/110V AC 30 amp shore power inlet with 50' cords 2 - 4D Batteries Battery Charger
- Yanmar Diesel 3GM-30F 27hp - 350 Hr Fresh Water Cooled RACOR R-20P Primary and Yanmar Secondary Spin On Fuel Filters Three blade prop
- Emergency Tiller Hand Held Flares Hand Held Portable Horn (12) Type II Life Jackets Jim Buoy U-Ring Type IV Throwable (2) Portable Fire Extinguishers Rule 1100 Automatic bilge pump Whale Cockpit mount manual bilge pump CO2 Detectors in each cabin
- Hull & deck polished and waxed (Spring 2012) Bottom Paint - Ablative (Fall 2010) Complete cockpit awning Spare Danforth anchor w/ rode
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.