- 98 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
The owner has equipped and designed this 98 footer to be a very practical 3 cabin + crew motoryacht with exceptional range and storage capacity for Island cruising. Excellent open aft deck and large flybridge work well for entertaining. Easy access to the water from the Euro transom, and access to the "dive shop" under the aft deck is perfect for the active yachtsman.
In early 2000 the owner embarked on a 3 year project to modernize the engineering and aesthetics of a proven design. Not limited to but including a keel, and aft deck extension, flybridge and window reconfiguration, along with internal system upgrades. All supervised by the leading experts from Broward shipyard.
The project created a brillant and functional design allowing owners and guests easy access in and out of the water on a 2000 nm voyage on one tank of fuel.
- Accommodations & Layout
- Cruising accommodations for six to eight guests in three staterooms. The king size master stateroom is full beam and has a dressing table and jacuzzi tub, extensive storage with a walk-in closet, and full entertainment center. The two guest staterooms each have double beds plus a fold down Pullman berth, ample drawer and closet space, en suite bathroom with shower, Satellite TV. Crew quarters have ample storage and accommodations for five, in three cabins Juan Espinosa designed large country kitchen with modern appliances. 5-Burner corian cooking center. Stainless steel fridge and freezer. Sub Zero freezer. Oven. Galley area with an island center and large eating area makes the perfect lounge for family and crew. Main salon is excellent to provide panoramic view while enjoying the spacious lounge. Satellite TV/DVD, and full wet bar with icemaker. There is a day head is in the foyer. The aft deck features covered open-air dining for 10 - 12 guests, a Jenn Aire double grill, wet bar, and spiral stairs to swim deck and lazarette/dive locker. The Flybridge Deck has ample space and seating for up to 40 guests, a Jacuzzi tub for 8 with underwater lights, a full wet bar, refrigerator/icemaker, and BBQ grill. The helm station is complete with navionics. The forward half of the flybridge is enclosed with removable Isinglass.
- (2) Ocean kayaks (2) Sets of water skis, knee board, wake board and ski tube Banana, snorkeling gear Large swim platform with dive ladders Dive compressor
- Navigation, Electronics, Communications & Safety
- VHF 72-Mile radar Ritchie compass Robertson autopilot Navigator GPS & plotter KVH Tracphone Flybridge: (3) VHF radios, ICOM SSB radio interfaced with computer and weather fax. SATCOM M telephone and fax Cellular phone and fax Givens 8-man liferaft Pilothouse: GPS Chart Speed & depth 72-mile radar Generator instruments CPU Robertson autopilot
- Mechanical & Engine Equipment
- Detroit 1271 main engines ZFGear boxes Naiad stabilizers Hydraulic thrusters Reverse cycle system, (2) 5-ton chilled water systems air conditioning Halon fire protection Windlass with 150 lb. Bruce and 300' of chain
- AC system 110/220 DC system 12/24 Batteries - 3 on port, 4 on starboard Phasor generator (2) 100-amp shore inlets & (2) 100' shore cords
- Broker Comments
- The current owner embarked on a project to refit, rebuild, modernize and extend the best Broward buy on the market. The project began and finished at Rolly Marine in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Bill Murray of Murray & Associates, LLC., naval architects oversaw the project. Pat Dupree, of Broward Yacht Design, was hired to design and re-configure the super structures, modernizing the style with the 2000 series Browards. Steven Tran, Broward Shipyards top fabricator, was hired to oversee the aluminum welds and construction. Improving the quality of the vessels bottom and tankage was a primary focus. In addition, the foredeck was extended to create a large bosun locker with gull wing access. All aspects were complete with a goal of improving the performance, range, and aesthetics. This 98' Broward is now offered for sale, and is ready to continue producing charter income or take the new owner's family to a far away island for a unique view of the world.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.