IDEAL GREAT LOOP VESSEL FOR CRUISING COUPLE OR SINGLE
Low Hours on Upgraded 85 HP Engine - Excellent Fuel Economy - Long Range
Private Double Forward Cabin - Additional Berths for Two in Salon
Equipped as Coast Guard Auxiliary Vessel
Walk Around Decks - Large Aft Cockpit - Good Working Fore-Deck
- Length Over All...... 26 ft 4 in Beam.................... 9 ft 6 in Draft...................... 2 ft 9 in Weight.................. 7,500 lbs Bridge Clearance .. 9 ft 6 in Headroom................ 6 ft 6 in Hull Type - Semi Displacement Engine... Perkins Diesel - 85 HP (1004 hours) Fuel ......................... 75gal Water ...................... 50 gal Waste ..................... 20 gal Vessel is currently certified as a Coast Guard Auxiliary boat with all required equipment
- Accomodations and Walk Through
- Sleeps (4) - Double berth forward - Salon settee converts to a double The Nordic Tugs-26 is an excellent vessel for a couple to cruise comfortably and economically - She also has room for 2 additional guests to sleep aboard. The Aft cockpit is large for a vessel of this size and there is access to a swim platform aft. There is also a complete walk around deck for access for and aft. The Salon is entered from the aft deck and provides a complete galley to Port, and large settee/dining area to Starbd ( settee converts to a double berth) - There is ample floor space in this configuration, and large windows Port and Starbd for a bright airy feeling Up a couple of steps from the Salon is the Pilot house with confortable helm seat to Starbd, Plus 2 quick access top opening boxes on each side, and an additional seat to Port - Huge windows all around offer excellent visibility. Two side doors provide direct access to the side decks or forward deck. A partial bulkhead between the Pilot House and Salon alows for easy conversation between the captain and guests in the Salon Down a few steps - Forward is the head w/shower and forward state room. CABIN Forward = Double berth, hanging locker, front opening linen closet below bunk, top loaded storage under bunk , convenience seat w/storage under, shelf over hanging locker, Bomar hatch with screen HEAD - enclosed manual toilet, sink (pressure hot/cold water), cabinet under, open cabinet under side deck, shower w/sump disconnected) Pilot House, = windshield wiper, anti fogging fan, original seat installed ( TO make more room for CGAUX patrol use), custom seats came with the boat in storage - will go with the boat, storage under the seats, custom navigation desk, teak grill folds down over forward companion way for extra room, Hinged helm console with teak wheel., Rudder angle indicator, Marine bell clock FLOORING : Carpet on fiberglass SALOON SEATING 4 comfortably, lift out dinette table drops to make a double berth SALOON STORAGE - Hanging locker, storage under seat front and top access and behind the back seat cushions, BAR cabinet, handy shelf over hanging locker
- The galley is quite functional and very complete for a vessel of this size -It is designed for cruising with a stove, refrigerator, sink w.pressurized water, and large counter top. The Galley extends along the full length of the Salon and is well lit by large side windows. full set of cooking utensils - flatware - plates - cups Refrigerator: AC/DC front loading under the galley counter Stove: 2 burner Arego combination AC / alcohol in counter top w/bread board Cover Single sink with hot/cold pressure water STORAGE: Cabinets under the sink and stove Water heater AC/engine AC 12 cup coffee maker
- Electrical and Electronics
- ELECTRONICS / ENTERTAINMENT TV: Antenna and fixtures in place but the TV set got stolen over the winter Radar: Furuno NAVnet VX Color video Plotter Depth sounder Cricket 2.0-200 ft Compass : Top reading lighted VHF Radios: Two 54 channel VHF-FM radios, one is DSC, MSSI Loud hailer; Standard Horizon VHL-300 30 watt fog horn, bell and whistle two way speaker/microphones fore and aft KNOT METR / LOG: Impulse 200 speed log DEPTH METER: Impulse 2.0' to 200 ' w/alarm GPS: GARMIN MAP 162 Horns: Compressor w/tank in engine room Kahlenberg air Whistle (off a seam yard engine) air horn (from a WWII Explosives plant) ELECTRICAL: 12 volt breaker panel BATTERIES – 2 #27 12 volt marine with selector switch Battery charger AC Breaker panel 70 watt DC to AC converter Shore power outlet. 30 AMP shore power cable with 15 AMP converter pigtail Bilge Pump / auto switch . Oil drain pump Vacuum cleaner Solar panel to chare batteries
- Engine & Mechanical
- The engine room is located amid-ships below the Pilot House. This affords excellent access and good weight distribution. Perkins Diesel - 85 HP ( 1004 hours ) uses 1 gal per hour at 6 kts, HEAT— Salon installed and A portable ceramic heaters ENGINE ROOM ACCESS- Pilot house floor and saloon steps ENGINE CONTROLS- starboard side RACOR 500MA Series Fuel and water seporator PROPELLERS – TYPE – four blade FIRE EXTINGUISHER SYSTE: 2 ABC BILGE PUMPS – POWER auto switch wired directly to the battery OIL CHANGE SYSTEM HYDRAULIC STEERING SYSTEM
- Hull and Deck
- This is a ruggedly built vessel - and well thought out for cruising. Her large aft deck is ideal for setting up chairs and relaxing either underway or at a mooring. From the aft deck is there is easy access to the swim platform. Good walk around side decks make it easy to move fore and aft, and her foredeck allows for easy handling of lines or ground tackle. The boat has a distinctive nautical look with her functional Pilot house, well proportioned Salon, and even a smoke stack ( non functional). Beautiful fore and aft pulpits add to the Nautical flavor and provide a good measure of safety. The hull has a factory color molded into the gel coat that avoids the scratches of boats with painted hulls. She is designed for protected water cruising or offshore passages, Custom chart desk in Pilot House Night lighting has been installed in Pilot House Dual sets of Pilot house seats - standard and upgraded Swim Platform w/ladder Hull Green Awl Grip paint year unknown BOTTOM PAINT - 2012 ANCHORS – TYPE / SIZE Large Plow with chain and more than 220 ft rode - Danforth with chain and 100' rode Anchor roller teak swim platform with ss ladder Exterior locker packages in cockpit w/ folding seats Custom AC Cockpit lights Sampson post forward hawser cleats aft mid-ship cleats Mooring line - At least 6 fenders a couple over sized Custom teak rails with belaying pins for lines Towing bit 2 folding deck chairs 2 folding deck seats for the cockpit lockers
- Additional Information
- Includes Calkins trailer for storage or over road transport SCREENED HATCHES / PORTS - Bowmar hatch forward, round opening ports in the forward cabin and in the head. Pilot house sliding doors, Saloon a combination hatch Snap on screen and covers for the openings, UV covers for the pilothouse windows. venetian blinds in the saloon CABIN FANS: Two AC fans and one DC fan. DC-AC- converter for the AC fans NUMBER CABIN LIGHTS - Two in the forward cabin, one in the head, two with red night lighting in the pilot house, two in the saloon 4 cockpit seats SAFETY EQUIPMENT : LIFE JACKETS - 5throwable life rings 2 decorator throw-able seat cushions custom cockpit lighting Plow anchor w/ chain & rode Danforth anchor w/ chain & rode
- This is a SALTY vessel with very distinctive characteristics. She has an upright profile with plumb bow and a well arranged interior, very suitable for the cruising couple. More than just an eye catching design, she is well constructed and quite able to head offshore for extended coastal cruising. Construction is solid fiberglass, and her full keel, semi-displacement hull features a rounded transom and wide 9 ft 6 in beam. This was a popular vessel with a production run of 172 boats, and is still an excellent choice today for the cruiser looking for an economical - comfortable boat.
- Manufacturer Provided Description
- The 26 was a remarkably spacious and comfortable design, with built in quality, meant safety and long-term value. Underway she cruised comfortably up to14 knots depending on her engine options--. The Nordic Tug 26 was retired in 1997 after 17 years of production. More than 175 Tugs were built during the production run.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.