The SHANNON 28 Cutter Rig is a classic beauty built in Rhode Island by the Schulz Boat Company. She's a blue water capable vessel with a cut-a-way full keel and encompasses the comforts of a modern day cruiser with Air Conditioning, pressurized water, auto pilot and GPS Chartplotter. She's a well maintained boat with a new head sail and windlass in 2012.
- LOA: 28'8" LWL: 23' Beam: 9'6" Displacement: 9300 lbs Draft: 4'3" Ballast: 3600 lbs
- Engine Model: Yanmar 2GMF (fresh water cooled) Horse Power: 14 hp New Racor 500 fuel filter / water separator 23 gallon stainless stell fuel tank New fuel and water pump in 2012 Spare alternator
- Fuel: 23 Gallons Water: 60 Gallons Holding: 11 Gallons
- "Nugget" has the classic Shannon all-teak interior which has been oiled each year and looks beautiful. The cushions are light blue, the v-berth is nicely speparated from the main salon and settee with shelves and cabinets are on both starboard and port sides. A center teak dining table is also included but not shown in the photos.
- Main Cabin
- Main cabin has pull out settees port & stbd with footwells to convert to 6’6” single sea berths. Leecloths. Storage behind and above settees. Louvered doors on liquor cabinet over starboard side settee. New (2007) upholstry in excellent condition. Centerline salon table with two folding leaves. Marine Air Cabinmate, Cools with Heat. Hanging locker. 3 overhead lights. 3 reading lights. 2 brass oil lamps with smoke chimneys. Chart/magazine rack. 6 opening bronze portlights with screens. Three water tanks (fwd and beneath each settee) that total 60 gallons with a manifold under cabin sole for selecting tank (2008). Interior teak in beautiful condition. All drawer pulls have been rebrassed.
- Forward Cabin
- V-berth is forward with storage underneath. Custom-made mattress on V- berth. Full length shelves. 2 reading lights. 1 cabin fan (2002). 1 GFCI 120 V outlet.
- Galley is located to starboard 2 Burner Gimballed Propance Stove w/oven Cold water pressure Raw water pressure Cutting board over sink 1 GFCI 120 VAC Outlet Microwave Oven
- Head is located to port as you come down the companionway. Private and enclosed with solid wooden door. Sink has cold pressure water. Shower. Hanging locker for wet storage. Medicine cabinets. Gate valve to direct waste to holding tank (20 gal neoprene in port cockpit locker) or to overboard discharge seacock. Jabsco ceramic head.
- HULL and DECK
- Hull is original gel coat and was buffed and waxed in 2012. Looks Great! 25lb CQR w/60’ chain, 200' 8 plait brand rode new in 2012 10kg Bruce w/ 30' 3/4" chain Remote Windlass new in 2012 Foredeck hatch above V-berth. Two rebradded dorade vents. Cockpit lockers port and starboard. Propane locker under helm seat. Tiller steering with Ritchie compass. Whale Gusher 10 manual bilge pump at helm. 7 bronze seacocks (engine intake, two cockpit drains, galley sink drain, head sink drain, head intake, head overboard discharge). Lifelines Cockpit cushions Swim ladder Awning and bimini. New 2008 side covers for an all exterior teak. Sailcovers. Full Deck Summer Awning Fenders. 2010 bottom paint w/cooper coat
- SAILS and RIGGING
- Cutter rig Double-headstay Genoa (110%) on roller furler New in 2012 by South Sails Main Sail new in 2007 Hank-on yankee new in 2007 Boomed hank-on staysail Cruising Spinnaker Navtec rod rigging Lazy jacks for main 2 reefs. 5 sails - Main, Yankee, Genoa,Staysail all in good condition Three Lewmar 10 winches on mast for halyards Two Lewmar ST-30 self-tailing winches for genoa sheets. All winches serviced 2008 Harken mainsheet traveler Two sets of running lights: standard plus masthead tri-color, foredeck light, and anchor light Halyards replaced in 2006
- Garmin 441s Chartplotter w/tranducer for depth ICOM 402 VHF radio (2008) Raymarine Auto Tiller Batteries new in 2011 Spare Alternator Windlass remote 2012
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- CONTACT LISTING BROKER Kevin Welsh 321.693.1642 Kevin@EdwardsYachtSales.com CLICK HERE TO LOOK AT MORE SAILBOAT LISTINGS Out-of-State buyers can now buy and use their boat in beautiful Florida for 180 days with No Florida Sales Tax! Ask your EYS broker for details.