- 42 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- JH4E FWC diesel
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
MARIANNE is an offshore equipped Hinckley SW-42 in fantastic condition. She has traveled around the globe and always maintained impeccably. She is at the Hinckley Southwest Harbor yard in Maine and ready to go again when you are.
- MARIANNE is a Flag Blue Awlgrip SW-42 Hinckley yawl with a skeg-hung rudder. She has an air conditioned, gloss varnished Ash interior and the Sou'wester "Dinette" accommodation plan that sleeps up to seven with a separate nav station. She has been continually upgraded, nicely maintained and is in beautiful condition.
- HULL and DECK
- Flag Blue Gelcoat topsides White house and deck with tan nonskid Double White boottop Gold cove stripe. Red bottom Construction: The Hinckley hull is built with an additional strength-per-weight ratio goal resulting in a hull that is strong and light. Hand laid fiberglass hull is cored with Airex and laminated using uni-directional fiberglass. High stress areas have the core deleted and reinforced with additional laminations. A single unit is formed when the hull stringers cored with Airex are bonded to the hull and integrated with the mast step and engine mounts. Hand laid deck is set in a 6” hull flange, then fiberglassed and thru-bolted in place. Teak guard rail at sheer with stainless steel half-round Wooden plug for each thru hull Fiberglass centerboard (380 lbs.) with bronze leading edge - operated by cockpit winch operated pennant. Deck Features : Hinckley stainless steel bow stem head with integral chocks Hinckley stainless steel stern and bow pulpits Hinckley stainless steel stanchions, double lifelines with gates and folding stern boarding ladder Varnished teak toe rails and exterior trim including eyebrows and handrails Large varnished teak-covered aft lazarette Custom butterfly hatch with smoked glass Hinckley smoke-glass double-hinged hatch forward with varnished teak frame Dorade ventilators with painted interiors, interior closures in varnished teak box with storage between and stainless steel guard rail All stainless steel deck hardware including springline cleats Teak outboard motor bracket on stern pulpit
- The large T-shaped Sou’wester 42 cockpit is well laid out for shorthanded sailing but also comfortably accommodates a large crew. Varnished teak covered interior cockpit coamings with coaming pockets Teak cockpit sole Varnished teak sliding companionway hatch with screen - including smoke-glass panel Varnished teak-faced instrument pod over companionway Engine and systems switches flush-mounted in cockpit helm well with plexiglass covers Molded in nonskid topped, watertight lift-top cockpit seats offer sail and storage lockers. Sail locker (port aft) – holds the generator. Excellent helm visibility - even with dodger Lines led to 2 forward cockpit bulkhead mounted winches More Features include: Dodger - White custom dodger with zippered windows and stainless steel grab rail Custom aft extender enclosure - zippered, drop curtains with windows - attach to dodger aft Cockpit cushions – Tan closed-cell foam Hinckley varnished teak folding cockpit table - binnacle mounted Hinckley varnished teak mug holder - binnacle mounted Helmsman folding seat - mounts on mizzen mast
- HELM & Navigation Electronics/Equipment
- Edson wheel steering pedestal with 36” stainless steel wheel with teak rim Pedestal mounted engine controls Helm binnacle mounted Ritchie Compass Stainless steel binnacle guard Simrad and B&G sailing instruments are mounted over the companionway (2) Barient #32 electric genoa winches – outboard, easily reached single-handed. (2) Lewmar #64 secondaries - outboard Navigation Electronics & Equipment Simrad DS 44 MFD Radar & GPS Chartplotter – Nav Station, with repeater & monitor over companionway Northstar 952X - Nav station B&G Hydra system – Companionway pod: Boat Speed, Apparent Wind, Depth, and Nav link Analog MSD Icom M602 VHF Icom M802 SSB radio Simrad Fishfinder XM Weather ACR AIS system
- ACCOMMODATIONS BELOW
- MARIANNE is reverse-cycle air-conditioned/heated and features a Sou'wester 42 “Dinette” interior plan that is finished in gloss varnished Ash wood. She sleeps up to seven in two cabins with one head and includes a galley, main salon, and separate nav station and aft quarterberth. White overhead with varnishedash trim Varnished teak and holly sole. Louvered locker doors Integral handrails outboard Teak overhead handrail and port and starboard handrails at companionway Cedar-lined hanging locker forward and cedar in the back of drawers. Stainless steel towel racks Excellent ventilation and natural light via 5 opening ports as well as overhead hatches Some interior amenities: Air conditioning/Heat – reverse-cycle 16,000 BTU Custom smoked-glass butterfly hatch over main salon Frigast stainless steel interior lighting Curtains throughout Light Blue UltraSuede interior cushion upholstery with white piping Custom Hinckley binocular box/flashlight holder at companionway steps Clock & barometer – bulkhead mounted forward Black-out screen for forward hatch and butterfly hatch + screens for all Lee cloths in all cabins (2) Fans Watermaker - 300-gal/day Entertainment System includes: Satellite TV – KVH M1 Tracvision Flat-screen TV – custom mounted in main cabin Sony KV8100 12-volt TV with Magnavox VR-9700 VCR and stereo in lower locker fwd of transom berth Sony CDX-R77 Stereo/CD with XK-80 cassette player and Sony XM-301 amplifier (2) ADS L200 speakers with ash rings and speaker cloth Interior Walkthrough: Entry is from the Cockpit companionway down into the aft Main Cabin: NAVIGATON STATION (Aft Starboard): Immediately to starboard of the companionway, the Nav Station faces forward and features: Full-size chart table with opening top for chart storage and nav tools Nav seat with cushion - opens for more storage Drawer storage Gooseneck chart light; overhead red and white lights Outboard and forward mounted electronics Electrical panels outboard. Mounted navigation electronics AFT QUARTERBERTH AREA (Aft Starboard): Aft of the nav station and separated by a half bulkhead is the aft quarterberth area with: Single berth with cushion Opening port inboard to cockpit Louvered door storage aft and over outboard Shelf storage Inboard storage hooks System switches and access to engine room GALLEY (Aft Port): Opposite the Nav Station, the U-shaped Galley is handy to the companionway and the main salon and features a White Formica covered countertop and plentiful work and storage space. Features: Matching countertop extender inboard forward Louvered sliding door storage, locker with shelf storage and bins Double sink with single chrome Grohe fixture with sprayer and hot and cold pressure water. Freshwater hand pump Force 10 gimbaled 3-burner stainless steel propane stove with oven + flush white formica stove cover. Stove includes automatic interior lighting and stainless steel bar on stove front Dome lights and portlights 110-volt dual outlet Solenoid shutoff switch/safety protection for propane Countertop lift-top accessed Sea Frost 12-volt AR-50 refrigerator & freezer bins Glass rack, mug rack, built-in knife rack, spice rack and paper towel rack Tip-out trash bin MAIN SALON (Forward) The Dinette Salon arrangement has a Dinette to port and to starboard are a pull-out transom Berth/Settee with a Pilot Berth over outboard. Starboard area includes theEntertainmentCenter. Dining Table - Centerline varnished Ash table has folding leaves. A double berth is formed by a table insert with cushion Storage is under the starboard berths Port Outboard – Forward and aft lockers with alcove bookcase between Starboard forward – small bureau and louvered lockers forward of the berths A hanging locker is forward – opposite the head HEAD (Forward port): Two access doors allow private entry from the main cabin or the forward stateroom. This private head features: White formica countertop with teak backsplash Stainless steel sink with telephone-style fixture with hot and cold pressure water Circular shower curtain track and white fiberglass sole Vacuflush head– Raritan Crown 12-volt electric head with LectraSan system Sliding louvered door storage locker - with mirror on second door Hinckley stainless steel handrail towel racks. Opening port with screen 110-volt dual outlet Exhaust fan FORWARD STATEROOM: The forward stateroom is naturally lighted and ventilated with two ports and a large hatch with screen above. V-berth - has an adapter with cushion to form a double berth. Seat is between the berths Full-length mirror on fwd cabin door Storage is available in: V-berths have full-length sliding louvered door lockers over and outboard Forward double louvered door to partitioned chain locker storage 4-drawer bureau with locker over outboard - port Cedar-lined hanging locker with shelf stowage - starboard
- SAILS and RIGGING
- Cutter/Yawl rig with removable staysail stay. Mizzen mast is also an electronics antenna mount. Hood electric stoway main mast with double spreaders Aluminum mizzen mast – rigged for Jiffy reefing Insulated backstay adjuster Inner forestay - running backstays, halyard Custom 2x normal strength stainless rod rigging on backstay with turnbuckle tensioners Harken stainless steel blocks with stainless steel cheeks Gennaker and spinnaker halyards. Flag halyards Harken genoa tracks Second genoa halyard Harken II roller-furling headstay Boom vang Hall quick vang Cabin top mainsheet traveler Reaching strut Spinnaker cruising package – deck mounted pole Winch handle Winches: (2) #32 Barient STC electric primaries (2) #64 Lewmar STC secondaries (1) Barient STC Jib halyard (1) #24 Barient STC Mizzen halyard (reel) (1) #24 Barient ST Spinnaker halyard (2) #24 Barient – aft on cabin trunk ST Forestay/pole topping lift – mast mounted Sails: Main – Stoway, 8.8 oz. Dacron, vertical battens, tuffseam (and insignia) Mizzen – Dacron with sail cover 150% Genoa– 5 oz. Soft Norlam – with UV protection and aeroluff Inner forestay Staysail – Dacron with hanks Mizzen staysail True radial Gennaker - with snuffer Spinnaker – with Castle racing crest
- Modified circuit breaker panels for 12-volt and 110 volt systems. All circuits, major mechanical components and rigging are grounded with heavy copper strapping. 12-Volt DC electrical system 100-amp/hr starting battery - charged by 50-amp engine mounted alternator (4) 225-amp/hr lighting batteries - charged by 105-amp engine mounted alternator Battery parallel switch Voltage meter and ammeter Heart Interface Link 2000 110-Volt AC electrical system: Shore power inlet with 50’ x 30-amp dockside electrical cable with 30-15 amp adapter Heart inverter + converter Generator: Panda 4-kW 110-volt generator with expanded 110-volt panel
- 2005 Yanmar 4JHE 55-hp FWC diesel engine with 2:1 reduction gear. Aquamet 22 stainless steel shaft with spurs 3-blade Maxi Prop feathering propeller Also: Racor fuel filters Tachometer, oil pressure gauge, engine temperature, start battery ampmeter Alarms – low oil pressure, high coolant temperature Pressure saltwater deck wash with Jabsco 6900 series pump Pressure freshwater deck wash system 12-volt electric bilge pump - with two (2) alarms Manual bilge pumps (2) Sump pump - Electric with remote switch in head (2) Propane fuel tanks Electric and manual solenoid propane fuel shut-off valves 12-gallon hot water heater Emergency tiller steering Marine Air 16,000 BTU reverse-cycle air conditioner/heater Separate Sea Frost 12-volt saltwater-cooled refrigerator & freezer boxes with eutectic plates Watermaker – Katadyn Power Survivor 160E = 135-gals/day Sound insulated engine room Engine room blower Tankage: Fuel: 82 Gallons Total – 52 gallon heavy gauge aluminum tank + 30 gallon bladder Water: 100 gallons (approx) - port and starboard stainless steel tanks with gauges (tank information on card in dish drawer).
- ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT
- Ground tackle: Ideal MCWH windlass with 9/32” HT 80 chain gypsey 45# stainless anchor - mounted in bow roller chock 35# Fortress anchor Herreshoff anchor 20# Danforth secondary anchor – mounted in sail locker 250' x 9/32” Grade 80 galvanized chain rode - in hawse pipe 200' x 5/8" nylon anchor rode in hawse pipe 6’ x 5/16” rubber covered chain Equipment: Freshwater deckwash spigot on deck – with temp mixer for hot shower Saltwater deckwash spigot on deck Varnished teak rigging rollers Jacklines – removable, port & stbd Docklines Fenders with covers Fenderboards Bosun’s chair Cable cutters Masthead tri-color with strobe Foredeck light Cockpit floodlight – installed on mizzen mast Lensref radar reflector – mizzen mast Coast Guard safety equipment Ditch bag (3) Epirbs total (one in ditch bag) Fire extinguishers Life jackets Horseshoe life ring - on stainless steel bracket and sea anchor Forespar manoverboard pole – with stern bracket ACR manoverboard light Lifesling 6-man DBC liferaft with double inflatable floor – in housetop-mounted canister Caribe inflatable dinghy with Yamaha 9.9-hp outboard engine
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Hinckley Brokerage Offices: SOUTHWEST HARBOR-ME: Broker: Bob Pooler Cell: 207-460-7589 E-mail: email@example.com Office: 207-244-5531 PORTSMOUTH, RI: Office: 401-683-7005 • Brokers: Ted Gersen (CPYB) Cell: 401-338-2717 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org • Bob Jarrett - Cell: 203-600-8692 E-mail: email@example.com ANNAPOLIS, MD: Broker: Peter Howard (CPYB) Cell: 443-852-0193 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 410-263-0195 STUART- FL: Broker: Prescott Brown Cell: 772-538-2140 E-mail: email@example.com Office: 772-403-5387 NAPLES-FL: Broker: Jack Erbes Cell: 401-418-2188 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 239-261-2879 HARBOR SPRINGS-MI: Broker: Marty Letts Cell: 231-330-3680 E-mail: email@example.com Office: 231-526-4378 CHICAGO-IL: Broker: Ryan McPheeters Cell: 312-860-9474 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org