- 42 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Hours
WHITBY 42 KETCH
ONE OF THE MOST SUCCESSFUL CRUISING BOATS EVER MADE ….
With over 300 of these vessels sailing every sea there is,
they are very comfortable, sea kindly and offer great accommodations.
Whether you are looking for a coastal cruiser or Bahama bound ….
or just looking for an inexpensive live-aboard ….
THESE ARE GREAT BOATS !!!
This boat has circumnavigated and can do it again.
Priced for a quick sale !
Owner is motivated !
- Accommodations Overview
- This vessel has a two Stateroom layout. The Master Stateroom is full beam aft with twin berths that convert to a queen with filler and private en-suite Head with separate shower. The Guest Stateroom is forward with v-berths and storage under. The Salon has port and starboard settees with a folding table between. Each settee could be used as a sea berth. All interior joinery is teak with a satin finish. Teak and holly flooring. Abundant light and air flow. Overhead lighting White fiberglass ceilings. Ample teak hand rails are throughout.
- Salon / Dinette
- L-shaped blue fabric settee to port with storage under. Settee to starboard with blue fabric cushions. Centerline folding table with drop-down leaves for dining or entertaining. Storage lockers and shelves outboard of settees. (8) Ports with screens. Overhead hatch with screen. Large hanging locker forward to starboard. Television mounted on port forward bulkhead. (3) 120V AC Outlets. (4) Overhead lights. (1) 120V DC light. Navigation station is aft to starboard. Galley is U-shaped and aft to port.
- Navigation Station
- Forward-facing center is to starboard between the Salon and walk-through to the aft cabin. Blue fabric seat with storage under. Large chart table with storage inside. Chart Light. (1) 120V AC Outlet. (1) 12V DC Outlet.
- U-Shaped gourmet Galley is to port. Dual insulated ice boxes. (1) Sea Frost Refrigeration (not installed). Gimballed (3) burner propane stove with oven, broiler and sea rails. LP Gas control. Laminate countertops with fiddles. Double stainless steel sinks with covers. Hot and cold water with single lever European-style faucet. Ample storage under sink. (3) Drawers. (1) Locker. (2) 120V AC GFCI outlets. (1) 12V CD Outlet. (3) 20lb LPG tanks (in Cockpit locker and aft deck for BBQ). (3) Fluorescent interior lights. Teak and holly sole.
- Master Stateroom
- The Master Stateroom is full beam aft with private en-suite Head with separate shower. Twin berths with filler to create queen berth. Storage under berths. (2) Large hanging lockers. (2) Storage lockers. (4) Drawers. Overhead hatch with screen. Entry hatch into the Aft cabin from Cockpit. (5) Opening ports with screens. (1) 120V AC Outlet. En-Suite Master Head Lavac marine toilet. Vanity with laminate countertop with stainless steel sink and storage below. Custom mirror. Shower. 120V AC GFCI Outlet. Non-skid fiberglass sole with teak grate at shower.
- Guest Stateroom
- The Guest Stateroom is forward. Large V-berth. Storage under berth. Large hanging locker Ample storage lockers. (1) Opening port. (1) Overhead hatch with screen. (1) Incandescent. (2) 12V DC Fans. 120V AC Outlets.
- Guest / Day Head
- The Guest / Day Head is forward. Lavac marine toilet. Vanity with laminate countertop, stainless steel sink and storage lockers. Shower. (1) Opening port with screen. (2) 120V AC GFCI Outlet. (1) 12V DC Fluorescent light. Non-skid fiberglass sole with teak grate.
- Electronics and Navigation Equipment
- Standard Horizion Depth Finder. Navman Speed Log. Navman Wind Machine. Raymarine Electric Hydraulic (not installed). Standard Horizon VHF Radio at Nav Station with RAM Mike at Helm. 5” Ritchie Power Damp Compass.
- (4) AGM 6V DC Batteries (400 amp hours total). 120V DC 15 Amp 3-stage Battery Charger. 600 and 300 Watt Inverters. Link 10 (not installed). Custom electrical panel with (32 switches Individually fused circuits. (1) Master breaker and (6) breakers. 30 Amp AC Dockside inlets. (1) 50' 30 amp Shore power cord. (1) 15 Watt Solar Panel.
- Deck Equipment and Features
- Rudder has been upgraded to stainless steel shaft and enlarged. Engine panel adjacent to Helm. Cable steering pedestal. 12V DC Outlet at pedestal. Offshore style Bimini. Cockpit table. Deep seat locker to port. (4) Cockpit coaming storage bins. (2) 2" Cockpit scuppers. Double lifelines with stainless steel bow and stern rails, gates port and starboard. Masthead anchor light. Masthead/tricolor/strobe light on masthead. Foredeck/ steaming light. Navigation lights. (13) Opening ports with screens. (4) Hatches Deck storage lockers. Electric anchor windlass. Mason Supreme 45lb primary anchor with 400’ 7/16 chain and 660’ rode. Bruce 66# secondary anchor with chain and rode. Danforth 45lb. anchor. Lifesling II. Life ring. Jim Buoy horseshoe. Swim ladder on transom. 4-Man Life Raft.
- Sails and Rigging
- White painted aluminum spars and booms. Main, jib and mizzen sails are in serviceable condition (NEW Main on order). Storm Tri-sail. Harken roller furling on staysail and genoa. Lewmar 48 2-speed CST. Secondary Lewmar 16 CST. (4) Mast winches. (3) Mizzen winches. Stainless steel standing rigging with Stalock and Norseman fittings.
- Mechanical Equipment and Engine Details
- Single 29hp Volvo MD2030 Fresh Water Cooled Engine - 380 hours since overhaul. Rubber isolation mounts on reinforced fiberglass bed with integral oil pan. Mechanical fuel pump. 3-Blade fixed propeller. Dual Racor fuel filter system with water separator. Auxiliary electric fuel pump (assists in bleeding engine). Heavy duty Rule 1800 automatic bilge pump. 11-Gallon water heater with engine heat exchanger (inoperable). Spare engine with marine gear included.
- Personal items.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Contact Jerry Wheeler - Central Listing Agent - 830-377-7463