- 55 (ft.)
- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Hours
SELLER IS ANXIOUS TO MOVE ON WITH NEW PLANS!
OWNER SAYS SELL AND WILL LOOK AT ALL OFFERS!
BRAND NEW SIMRAD BROAD BAND RADAR INTERFACED WITH TWO NEW GPS GIVING HALCYON 3 STATE OF THE ART NAV SYSTEMS AND A 72 MILE OPEN ARRAY RADAR! BRAND NEW SIMRAD AUTO PILOT! BRAND NEW CARPET THROUGHOUT! BRAND NEW BOTTOM OCT. 2010!
This very well maintained excellent conditioned Fleming may be the best deal on the market today. She was purchased as a very clean vessel and the owner elected to invest well over $150,000.00 in her decor, electronics and ship's equipment. She now is truly a turn-key vessel decorated by a professional designer, electronics were installed by the best on the West Coast of Florida. She is captain maintained with an open checkbook. Owner will look at all reasonable offers.
The Fleming 55 is a well-proven raised-pilothouse motoryacht designed for serious cruising. Her semi-displacement hull gives her great flexibility in performance. The Fleming 55 has a range of 2,000 nautical miles at 8 knots yet, with her big Cats, she can attain a top speed of approximately 12 knots. Maximum sustained cruising speed is around 10 knots where her moderate deadrise provides a comfortable ride unlike those boats for which speed is the main design criteria. These high speed, planing hulls require flatter sections making for a hard ride and the need to slow down in a seaway. On long passages, Fleming owners prefer a more leisurely and economical speed of 10 knots, where the typical fuel burn is right around 10 gph.
The Fleming's deep keel provides protection for the running gear and stability in following seas. Because noise and vibration contribute to fatigue, Fleming has paid special attention to producing a yacht which has become the standard in the industry for its whisper quiet, smooth ride. Fundamental to this achievement is the use of Aquadrive anti-vibration drive systems. Other builders either charge a heavy premium for this or do not offer it at all.
The Fleming 55 was first introduced in 1986, and since that time it has benefited from a rigorous program of evolution. There have been literally hundreds of improvements made, both big and small. While its legendary hull design remains essentially the same, Halcyon is a thoroughly modern yacht utilizing advanced technology, materials and construction methods. In 2008 hull number 200 was launched, making it one of the most successful production yachts in history.
Construction of Fleming Yachts began at the Tung Hwa boat yard in southern Taiwan in 1985 under the personal supervision of Tony Fleming. Today, all Fleming Yachts continue to be built by Tung Hwa, and they are marketed exclusively through Fleming Yachts, Inc. located in Costa Mesa, California. Flemings are sold through a network of authorized dealers in the United States and Europe and agents in Australia and New Zealand.
LOA 55'9" 16.99m
LOA (w/swim and anchor platforms) 60'9" 18.50m
LWL 50'10" 15.50m
Beam 16' 4.88m Draft 5' 1.52m
Air Draft (to top of arch) 16' 4.88m
Displacement 66,000 lbs 30,000 kg
Fuel 1185 US gal 3,880 litres (6 tanks)
Water 300 Us gal 1,135 litres
- Displacement: 66,000
- Total Power: (1997 yr) 435
- Fuel: 1000 Fresh Water: 300
- Entering the main salon through the aft cabin directly from the cockpit, one finds a spacious dining area. This area is replete with an entertainment center featuring a state of the art sound system as well as a wet bar including a very productive ice maker. Halcyon was completely refitted by her mistress with the assistance of a professional designer. She displays bold blacks and browns in an elegant setting. A see-though counter to the galley makes for a big party; keeping the host and hostess included in the festivities. Beutiful blak granite counter tops have been installed through out the boat along with new galley fixtures as well as a lighting upgrade.
- The galley adjoins the main salon and is separated by a granite counter top that doubles as a work area. There is a trash compactor for waste handling along with a convection microwave oven. These cooking devices are accompanied by a full size oven and a three burner electric cook top. Here in the galley a dumb-waiter is based for ease of transporting goodies to the fly-bridge. A double door full size refrigerator/freezer provides the food and drink storage. Storage is at a premium with a china cabinet and dry storage every where.
- Halcyon Pilothouse Electronics 1. Icom M800 SSB 2. Standard Horizon LH10 Hailer 3. URC Searchlight Control 4. Hour Meters 5. Naiad Stabilizer Controls 6. Twin Scope Interphase Forward Sonar Depth 7. ACR Searchlight Control 8. RayJeff VHF 9. Icom Vhf Mariner M504 Interphased with RayJeff GPS/Chartplotter 10. Stereo Speakers Halcyon Pilothouse Control Panel Electronics 1. Inverter Status Control 2. Intercom Phone 3. Furuno 10” Radar 72 miles 4. Dataline Digital Depth 5. Dataline Depth Rudder Angle 6. Northstar Loran (Unit works but land system was shut down) 7. Dataline Tridata 8. Robertson Auto pilot control 9. Raymarine E120 GPS/Chart Plotter 17” screen 10. Furuno 10” repeater display flybridge radar (repeater works f/b radar does not) 11. Trim tab indicator (1 inop) 12. Bowthruster control (Wesmar) 13. Trimtab control (both operable) 14. Eng. Inst. Halcyon Fly Bridge Electronics 1. Trim tab indicator (1 inop) 2. ACR Searchlight controls (2) 3. Dataline Depth 4. Dataline Tridata 5. Robertson Autopilot Controls 6. Raymarine E80 GPS/ GP Chartplotter 12” (Stand alone) 7. Furuno 72 Mile Radar 10” display (inop) 8. Trimble GPS (system removed) 9. Icom VHF 10. Aquaplay CD Am/FM (stand alone or interposes with main stereo system) 11. Bowthruster (Wesmar) 12. Satbilizer Controls
- Halcyon is a step decked motor yacht with the deck rising to surround the pilot house. A giant windlass that is chain capable rests on the bow. The decks are teak that are kept in a natural state by the owner. The railings are varnished once a year by the best in the Clearwater area and have just been completed.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- C ontact Tom Sheehy at 727-210-1800 or 727-742-2772