- 42 (ft.)
- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- 671 N
- Number of Engines
- Engine Hours
IF SHE WERE A CAR ONE MIGHT COMPARE HER TO A PRISTINE OPERATIONALLY AND COSMETICALLY MAINTAINED MERCEDES
THE OWNER IS READY TO MOVE ON AND WILL LOOK AT ANY REASONABLE OFFER!
SHOULD THIS VESSEL BE PURCHASED THROUGH ROSS YACHTS AND TOM SHEEHY, THE BUYER WILL RECEIVE ONE NIGHT'S STAY ON THE NIGHT BEFORE THE NEW OWNER TAKES DELIVERY IN KEY WEST!
THE OWNER IS A LICENSED CAPTAIN AND HAS PERSONALLY MAINTAINED HER TO THE HIGHEST STANDARDS BOTH EXTERIOR AND INTERIOR.
POST IS ONE OF THE MOST POPULAR WELL BUILT SPORT-FISH ON THE MARKET AND THIS MODEL IS THE MOST POPULAR POST EVER BUILT.
Since its beginning in 1957, Post has developed a solid world-wide reputation as a premier builder of semi-custom yachts from 42 to 50 feet. The company was founded by Russell Post, who had previously founded the original Egg Harbor Yacht Company. He was well-suited for the task, for at the age of 15, he had built his first boat in which he later won an international sailing championship. Russell always approached boat building with the same energy and enthusiasm. For example, he sold his only car in order to purchase the cedar needed to build the very first Egg Harbor (hull no.1). Other operating funds were generated by building and selling small skiffs and sailboats. The natural inlets of the South Jersey coast, where currents scoured the channels and ocean waves crashed through unchecked, proved to be an ideal testing ground for those early models. Mr. Post made it a point to personally run each boat in order to assure its seaworthiness in all sea conditions. After the sale of Egg Harbor, Russell enjoyed a short-lived retirement. By 1957 he was back in the boat building business with a new nameplate and company, aptly named Post Marine. With a solid reputation for building quality boats, Russell took the next logical step and opened the current Post facility located on the Great Egg Harbor River in Mays Landing, New Jersey. ''Yachts of Quality, Not Quantity Since 1957'' was the new company's slogan...reflecting a philosophy which has remained management's position today.
With over 230 built during an 8-year production run, the 42 Sport Fisherman remains the best-selling Post ever. She was introduced in 1974 as a replacement for the all-wood Post 40, and shares her predecessor's handsome Jersey-style profile and quality construction. As a fishing platform, many tournament veterans rank the Post 42 among the best mid-range sportfishermen of era. Her large after sections and flared bow produce a relatively dry boat with good lift and speed as well as excellent low-speed stability. For an old boat resale values are surprisingly strong.
- Ballast: 30000
- Total Power: 310 Max Speed: 18-20 Knots
- Water Baby Inventory Sheet
- ELECTRONICS 1. Auto helm - auto pilot ST 6000 2. Furuno GPS - Navigator 3. Raytheon R 20 Raster Scan Radar - 24 Mile 4. Raytheon V8010 Color Echo Sounder 5. Raytheon Raychart 610ES - Charting System 6. Sea Talk Type 100 - Electronic Mixer 7. Raytheon VHF/FM Radio telephone 8. Hailer Intercom 9. International Offshore Depth Alarm 10. Standard Horizon Eclipse VHF 11. Guest Electronic Spotlight 12. Aft Deck Spreader Lights 13. 406 Auto Deploy EPIRB 14. Glendenning Model G Synchronizer 15. All Original Manuals 16. Complete Safety Gear 17. 7.5 Onan Generator MDJE 18. Galley Maid Water Pressure System 19. Ultra Pump Bilge System 20. Electric Princess 3 Burner Stove - Oven 21. Stainless Steel Sink in Galley 22. Full Size Hotpoint No Frost Refrigerator/Freezer 14.2 Cubic Foot 23. Kenmore 1.3 Cubic Foot Quick touch Microwave 24. Spectra MPC-3000 - 380 Gallon Per Day Water Maker 25. Ultra Safety System High Water Alarm 26. Twin Cruisair AC - Heater System 27. Panasonic VCR Omnivision 28. Panasonic 20' Television, Color 29. RCA CED - DVD Changer 30. U-Line Ice Maker 25 Lbs. 31. Hynautic Hydraulic Steering - Cockpit Controls 32. Lofrans Progress 1 Windlass Wench & Capstan 33. Rode - 50' Chain - 300' Rope - 35 Lb. CQR Anchor 34. Raritan Converter, Crown Marine MODEL 4-30-12-3 35. Raritan Crown Head Toilet - Electric Flush 36. Lectrasan Waster Treatment System 37. Bennett Hydraulic Trim Tabs 38. Electric Water Heater 39. Bauer Low Line Front Deck Davit & Cradle 40. Lifeline Inflatable Canister Crew saver 6 Person 41. Spare Set of Props and One Shaft / Shafts are 1 3/4" 42. Spurs - Line Cutters / Props are 4 blade - 24" 43. Rupp Outriggers Tournament - Double Spreaders 44. Diesel Fuel 460 Gallons in Two Aluminum Tanks 45. Fresh Water 125 Gallons 46. Kiddie Manual/Automatic Halon Fire System 47. Shower & sink & Head - Single Bath 48. Twin Bedroom / 1st Bedroom Stateroom Mid Sip with full bed or twin / custom mattress, 2nd Bedroom Twin Bunk - over and under 49. Fresh and Saltwater Wash down in Cockpit 50. Live ait well nd Fish Box in Cockpit 51. Electric Horns 52. Sectional Couches in Salon 53. Carbon Monoxide Detector in Salon 54. Oil Transfer System - Engines - Transmissions - Generator 55. Tackle Center in Cockpit 56. Transom Door 57. Swim Platform 58. Armstrong Ladder on Platform 59. Shore Power - 50 Amp - 250 - 125 Volt 60. Cockpit Fold Out Custom Made Bimini 61. Eisenglass enclosures Full Wraparound Helm 62. Front Window Cover on Cab 63. Shade Canvas for Cockpit 64. Teak interiors 65. All Spin on engine and Generator Oil and Fuel Filters 66. Racor 1000 Fuel Filters 67. Port Engine has 600 Hrs on Top End Job / Starboard has 300 Hrs. on Full Overhaul 68. Both Engines have new Risers and Exhaust System 69. YEARLY HAUL OUT WITH NEW BOTTOM JOB AND ALL THROUGH HULLS CLEANED AND FLUSHED 70. Oil Changes Always at 100 Hours - Filters - Zincs 71. Clean Boat, Clean Engine Room. For it's year, an extremely well maintained vessel.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Call Tom Sheehy at 727-210-1800 or 727-742-2772 E:mail firstname.lastname@example.org