- 40 (ft.)
- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- 4 cylinder
- Number of Engines
This Freedom center cockpit ketch(first introduced in 1977) has a custom bowsprit which enables her to carry a jib and point to new destinations. Amoung her distinctive features are custom davits, a "hard dodger" and a "hard top". You can actually walk on the "hard top." The enourmous cockpit includes a double winged table for entertaining your friends, and drop down side curtains to make a full wrap around enclosure. The free-standing masts enable the sails to be easily set and handled. The free standing masts help lower the center of effort in the sailplan. You will have more "freedom" to gunkhole with a draft of 4'3" with the board up. This great cruiser has regularly served her owners well, and she is ready for the season!
- LOA: 49' prox.w/ bowsprit Max Draft: 4'3" up/9' down
- Total Power: 60HP Cruising Speed: 7.5 Knots (power)
- Sleeps six in comfort. Forward is the V berth with two opening ports and an overhead hatch. Nice side berth and under berth storage. Moving aft is the head with a shower and two opening ports. The main salon is open with a sette to starboard and L-type couch and dinette area to port. There is an overhead hatch and seven opening ports in this area. Aft of the dinette is the galley with a deep double stainless steel sink. To starboard is the Navigation station. The aft owners stateroom is completely seperate from the other accommodations. The deep cushioned berth area is well ventilated with six opening ports and the companionway. A head with sink is to starboard. Sunbrella upholstered cushions(2007) Great cruising layout. Forward and aft heads.
- Adler Barbour Freezer and seperate refrigeration locker. Dual stainless steel deep sinks. Great storage. Gimballed propane 3 burner stove with oven. Microwave.
- 30 Amp 120VAC Shorepower. Guest smart type constavolt charger (2007). 8 six volt deep cycle batteries. 600 Watt Inverter.
- Electronics & Navigation
- Lowrance GPS/Plotter Global Map 3500(2007). Uniden VHF(2007). Second VHF. JRC Radar(2007) Raymarine Autopilot(2007). Raymarine digital depth. SSB Radio. Handheld spotlight.
- Onan 4 cylinder diesel engine 60 HP. Portable Kipor 2000 watt gas generator. Rotary Aire marine air conditioner. 25 gallon engine heat exchanger water heater. All thru hulls replaced(2005). Macerator pump. Two 80 gallon aluminum water tanks with access plates. 90 gallon aluminum diesel fuel tank with access plate. Two blade Prop with extra three blade prop.
- The center cockpit is enourmous with a hard top - you can walk on it! The hard Dodger is strong attatched to the hardtop. Soft curtains enclose the entire cockpit. Two 33LB Bruce Anchors with 20'chain and 150' line. Bow rollers for anchors on bowsprit with bollard. USCG safety equipment. RIB dinghy with 2hp Honda 4 stroke outboard.
- Sailing Gear and Features
- Ketch rigged with two year "new" sails. The "beefy" bowsprit enables a foward headsail to be rigged on a self tending system. It improves windward performance. Fly the fourth sail - the staysail and kick up your "heels". Two Barrient #21 winches. One Barrient #23 self tailing winch. One Barlow #25 self tailing winch Many line stoppers. Lines led aft to cockpit.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Docked in North Fort Myers! "ASK ANDY!" Andy Gillis (239) 292-1915 Price reduced to $59,900 Offer Encouraged! Motivated seller! New batteries May 2011. New head May 2011. For more details and to arrange a showing appointment, please contact Andy Gillis - (239) 292-1915 T o send an email to Andy Gillis, please "click" below andy@RossYachtSales.com "ASK ANDY!" Your mobile Yacht Broker Specialist in the FORT MYERS & CAPE CORAL area!