- 40 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- 350 hp each
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
Destined to be the flagship of the Contender fleet, the 38 Express opens up the Contender line to a whole new audience of fishing and boating enthusiasts. In 2012, Contender changed the name to 40' Express.
Featuring two large staterooms, a spacious galley and enclosed head and shower, this powerful yet luxurious vessel satisfies the most demanding anglers and the most discriminating cruisers alike. The bottom line is that the 38' Contender Express is a true fishing machine and a quality vessel that is equipped with a full tower. The owner has maintained the boat exceptionally well and it shows. So if you are looking for an express, look no further. This Contender is truly turn key and loaded with upgrades.
ENGINE WARRANTY UNTIL SEPTEMBER 2014
New Lower units on Each engine 12/12
UNDER WATER LIGHTS
OWNER WILL CONSIDER TRADES FOR 48-55'' EXPRESS CRUISER Sea Ray, Sun Seeker...
- Electronics & Helm
- (2) Furuno NavNet Furuno Open Array Radar (2) Transducers multi frequency Garmin 4212 (2) Standard Horizon VHF GX5505 Simrad Autopilot Flir Night Vision ACR Spotlight Bow Thruster Windlass Controls Air Condition Trim Tabs (2) Lee Custom Helm Chairs Full Strata Glass enclosure (like new) Engine Warranty Until September 2014 Jensen Stereo System with Amplifier Sub-woofer & Cockpit Speakers LED Lights Multicolor Red, Blue, & White Tilting Helm with Custom Steering Wheel Waterproof Switches & Breakers with Indicator Lights
- Hull & Deck:
- Hand-Laid Fiberglass Throughout High Tech Construction Using Multi-Directional Fabric & Foam Cored Solid Glass Stringer System Foam Floatation Integral Dive Platform, Full Transom & Transom Door Self-Bailing Cockpit Non-Skid Cockpit Sole & Deck Heavy Duty Rub Rail Hull and Decks on the 38 Express are hand-Laid fiberglass throughout using multi-directional fabric for strength and durability.
- Cockpit Sole & Deck Compartments:
- Forward Anchor Locker with Storage Dry Storage Under Deck (2) 110 Gal. Fully Lined & Insulated Aft Fish Boxes – Port & Strbd Twin 45 Gal. Transom Livewells with Plumbing, Aft Above Deck In the center line aft in the cockpit is a large Lazarette which allows easy access to the labeled bait tank manifolds, thru-hulls for the bait tanks, and the two 2,000 gph bilge pumps. Here you will find the fuel filters for the three powerful outboard motors mounted in a spot to facilitate easy service. Forward are the captain's chair, co-pilot seat and passenger seats manufactured by Lee. These beautifully crafted seats conceal sink, cuttingboard, and an electric grill. The Lee seats offer plenty of comfort and durability, they also make a beautiful addition with their chrome hardware and white upholstery.
- International Lighting Cockpit Lighting Cabin Air and Heat Bow Thruster Bow Side Lights Dual Hydraulic Steering with Power Assist Pump K-Plane Trim Tabs Waterproof Switches & Breaker Panel with Indicator Lights (3) 2000 GPH Auto/Manual Bilge Pump High Speed Compass Shorepower Hook-up with Battery Charger Anchor Windlass System Freshwater System Saltwater System Instant Hot Water Fuel Management System Mercathode System Complete Generator
- Tower & Cockpit Fishing Equipment
- Custom Tower with Controls Padded Back Rest Furuno VX2 Tower Steps Port & Starboard (21) Rod Holders on Tower Rocket Launcher (8) Lee Rod Holders Gunwales Cockpit Tackle Station (2) 110 gal Fish boxes with Macerator pumps (2) Livewell Pumps (2) 45 Gal livewells Pressurized (2) Multi Frequency transducers Dive Door Salt Water wash down Fresh water wash down Lee Out Riggers including Center Rigger Coaming Bolsters throughout cockpit Large Lazarette allows easy access to manifolds & thru hulls for bait tank
- Chrome on Bronze or Stainless Steel Hardware Heavy Duty Lifting Rings (2) 12” Bow Cleats (2) 12” Stern Cleats (2) 10” Spring Line Cleats - Midship (4) Lee’s Flush Mount Gunnel Rod Holders Custom Aluminum Bow Rail Wrap Around Windshield
- Skylight Cabin Hatch Enclosed Head & Shower Compartment Galley with Sink and Dual Burner Stove Top Custom Granite Counter Tops Throughout Microwave & Refrigerator (2) Flat Panel TV/DVD Player Twin Berths Forward with Hi-Lo Dinette Table Custom Under Bunk Storage Aft Cabin with Twin Berths & Under Bunk Storage Cabin Lighting Top-quality Interior Cabin Fabrics
- Driver's Side Console:
- Locking Electronic Storage Tilting Helm with Custom Steering Wheel Waterproof Switches & Breakers with Indicator Lights Console Handrails Forward U-Shaped Setee with Hi-Lo Table & Convertible Berth Custom Fiberglass Leaning Post System with Captain Chairs Electric BBQ Grill with Sink Area with Tackle Drawer Storage
- Companion Side Console:
- Forward Sun Lounge Bait Prep Center with Chill Box and Tackle Drawer Storage Above Deck Custom Freezer with Built-in Cup Holders
- This is no run-of-the-mill, stark for-fishing-only boat. The Contender 38 Express is appointed in a manner that most big boat builders incorporate into their designs. Only the finest aluminum and stainless steel is used on the interior and exterior. The interior is beautifully appointed with teak trim, teak grating in the head, and all the little things that make it a functional and beautiful yacht. The foam-cored solid-glass stringer system maintains an integral connection to the outboard motor platform to ensure rigidity and hull integrity in even the roughest conditions. The design allows for ample room in the cockpit for baitwells, lazarette space, and a fighting chair if so desired. You can't help but notice the stunning custom built aluminum tower. The design team at Contender along with C-Fab put a great deal of thought into the stunning custom built aluminum tower that provides a functional well built tower, sturdy and absolutely beautiful structure. Bottom line, this tower does not look like an add-on or an afterthought. It blends so well that it looks like it was part of the original design. The bottom line is that the 38' Contender Express is a true fishing machine and a quality vessel. The owner has maintained the boat exceptionally well and shows. So if you are looking for an express, look no further. This Contender is truly turn key and loaded with upgrades.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.