This 85' steal hull sailing yacht has recently been completely re-hulled. The interior is empty and ready to be rebuilt into your custom dream sailing yacht.
- - Rebuilt Detroit Diesel - Total Power: 220 HP - Engine Model: 671
- - Fuel: 1700 gal (6.433 ltr) - Fresh Water: 1700 gal 6,433 ltr) - Holding: 300 gal (1,135 ltr)
- - LOA: 85' (26 m) - Beam: 18' (5.5 m) - Max Draft: 8' (2.44 m) - Displacement: 82 TONS
- -Vessel needs a complete interior refit. She can be configured with any number of cabins her new owner requires. - She needs a total restoration including the exterior and interior. There are some repairs that need to be done on the exterior. Her masts and rigging appear in good condition. - The new owner can restructure the interior to his preference within the existing bulkheads adding 2-4 cabins forward and 3-4 cabins aft. She needs a completely new galley. - No interior plan available and no refit estimates have been made. - She has a full keel with rudder attached at the aft end and a rebuilt Detroit Diesel engine. There is a large pilot House, which could be set up with seating and dining area. Forward of the Pilot house and down 3 steps is where the Saloon would be. This area could easily be comfortable for 12 people to use and can be set up as a dinning area. - There is a structural bulkhead aft of the saloon and originally 3 sleeping cabins aft of the bulkhead. There is a structural bulkhead forward of the Saloon and a large open area. This is where the galley was (no fixtures or appliances are left). - There is no Survey available, and the hull has not been surveyed.
- Hull and Deck
- - Timshel is an 85’ ketch rigged motor sailer. She was recently purchased as a project boat and went through a $140,000 haul-out. About 2/3 of the exterior hull was professionally replaced with ¼” ABS steel, as well as much of the ribbing and several bulkheads. - Any suspect steel was cut out and replaced, including the entire anchor chain locker. The entire hull was covered with two coats of Ameron 240 epoxy primer. The bottom was then coated with two coats of Trinidad bottom paint. - All the zincs were reinstalled as they appeared to have plenty of life remaining. All bad steel was cut out and replaced on the deck and wheelhouse with 3/16” ABS steel. - Any other rusted areas on deck were ground down to good steel and covered with Ameron 240 epoxy primer. The interior steel was coated with OverRust primer. -- - Most of the floor framing was replaced with 2”x2”x1/4” steel angle iron. The hull is solid and almost like new. It is a great base to build a custom yacht . - The vessel's LOA is 85 ft including deck space on the bow sprit. She is completely built of steel, except for a fiberglass top on her Pilot House. - There is a large circular cockpit aft of the Pilot House. Wide walk around decks with large aft deck and HUGE forward deck. Steel reinforced bow sprit with deck leading out to end of sprit. - Vessel has good protective bulwarks surrounding her deck, and solid raised handrail completely around the deck. - Full keeled vessel with attached rudder & prop cut-out.
- - The interior of the boat is empty. All mechanical systems, electrical, plumbing and cabins need to be installed. There are no electronics onboard. -The boat is outfitted with a Detroit 671 diesel engine. The engine was recently rebuilt, however the exhaust,steering, fuel and water lines are currently not hooked up, so the boat is not in condition to move under her own power. - During the haul-out a new cutlass bearing and pillow bearing were installed. The drive shaft was removed, reconditioned and reinstalled. The shaft was professionally aligned after its installation. The prop appeared to be in good shape. New Marelon thru-hulls were installed during the haul-out as well.
- Sails & Rigging
- - Ketch rig with two aluminum masts. - The boat has no sails, and all the running rigging needs to be replaces.
- - There is no anchor/chain. Anchor locker is freshly painted. - The wheelhouse is missing two windows in the photographs but will be replaced shortly.
- - This is a heavy world cruising vessel that needs a complete interior refit. The current owner has just started the refit, and would like to sell immediately. This is an excellent buy for a sailor willing to complete the refit. She has beautiful lines and can be turned into a proper yacht for live-aboard, or world cruising. She has exceptional tankage for long range under power, and a powerful sail plan for extended voyaging. - Please contact the listing broker to discuss this vessel further.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.