- 40 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- 4-108 FWC Diesel
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
The OC-40 was built to a very high degree of quality by Hank Hinckley in Bar Harbor, Maine. ASTRAEA is a beautiful example of the 40 and represents a very good value compared to a B-40. The boat has a larger interior than many 40 foot boats. She is a nice weekend cruiser, daysailer or blue water boat depending on the owner's desire - very versatile.
- The OC-40 was built to a very high degree of quality by Hank Hinckley in Bar Harbor, Maine. Hull #1, he put special effort into this first of what was to be twenty hulls. ASTRAEA is a beautiful example of the 40 and represents a very good value compared to a B-40. This boat has a larger interior than many 40 foot boats.
- HULL and DECK
- White Awlgripped topsides White gelcoat Deck with tan nonskid Double boot stripe Exterior teak trim Construction: Spoon bow and graceful stern overhang, the hull is built using handlaid woven roving and matt fiberglass resulting in unitized construction. The deck is permanently glassed to an integral wide-hull flange and then through bolted. The bulkheads are bonded to the deck and hull resulting in a strong hull capable of minimizing a grounding or collision. The hull-deck bond, which insures no movement in this critical joint also allows the even distribution of rigging, loads throughout the hull. Bronze seacocks are installed on all through-hulls. Long shallow lead keel incorporates a hydraulically operated centerboard (new piston 2000) and is attached with stainless steel keel bolts. The rudder is mounted aft of the keel on a skeg which contains the propeller aperture. This maintains a shallow draft while providing excellent propeller protection and good rudder control and strength. There is a rub rail with a stainless steel cap. All exterior trim is varnished teak, including the raised toe rails, cabinhouse eyebrows and cabintop hand rails port & starboard, winch and cowl vent bases and aft lazarette covers. The locking companionway hatch has solid teak boards, varnished and edged in brass. Dorade vents provide for adequate ventilation. SS bow pulpit and stern pulpit with rails Stainless steel stanchions with double lifelines & gates Dual SS cowl ventilator guards
- Cockpit has a pedestal binnacle with Edson hydraulic wheel steering: 30" Stainless steel destroyer-type wheel with elkhide covered rim Danforth 6" stainless steel covered binnacle compass Double lever engine control Stainless steel binnacle guard. Cockpit walkthough: Cockpit coaming is varnished teak-capped and has two teak-rimmed winch pockets. Engine switches and gauges are within easy reach of the helmsman and the nav gauges on the forward bulkhead are easily viewable. Large cockpit seats have tan nonskid tops and the port and starboard seats open offering large storage/sail locker areas. The cockpit has drainage scuppers and teak cockpit sole grate. Dodger - White dodger with windows and stainless steel frame Custom teak helm grate Pedestal mounted, fold-down, varnished teak cockpit table with a varnished teak drink holder, and a binocular holder.
- ASTRAEA sleeps 7 and features a Forward Stateroom, Main Cabin, and Quarterberth sleeping areas. The Interior is finished in gloss/satin varnished mahogany with white overhead and solid teak & holly sole. All locker doors are louvered. Interior cushions are finished in blue with accent cushions. There are curtains and handrails throughout. 2 overhead opening Bomar hatches and 10 portlights, 3 opening on each side and then the aft two larger, offer plenty of natural light and ventilation. 12-volt dome lights and reading lights 12-volt cabin fans Chelsea brass clock & barometer Weems & Plath tide clock Pioneer CD stereo player Inlets for phone and TV connections Master Stateroom (forward) Forwardmost are V-berths and an insert that allows conversion to a double berth. Between the V-berths is a seat with cushion. There is storage below and shelf storage outboard the berths, port & starboard. A bureau has a shelf over, and there is a hanging locker. Cushions have blue covers. Opening ports with screens are port & starboard Opening aluminum overhead hatch with Lexan hatch cover allows extra light and natural ventilation. 12-volt interior lighting and a fan A door separates this cabin from the rest of the accommodations. Forepeak chain locker is accessed through louvered doors forward. Head Area: The Head is next aft to port and accessed from the main cabin. Features include: Vanity has a White formica countertop and a stainless steel sink with hot & cold pressure water Telephone-type shower with sump Medicine cabinet Mirror Hamper LectraSan EST 12V toilet system (2006) Towel bar Soap dish, toothbrush and paper holders The head also has an opening port that provides extra ventilation. Main Cabin: Amidship is the Main Salon that has a hanging wet locker forward to starboard directly across from the head. There are curtains throughout. Starboard is a transom berth with storage behind, and a pilot berth outboard with shelf storage outboard. To Port is an L-shaped settee with storage behind that can convert to a double berth. A varnished drop-leaf mahogany dining table has a built-in bottle rack. Outboard to port is louvered-door locker storage with two open storage shelves between. On the port forward bulkhead: Luke brass & soapstone wood stove 12-volt light Mahogany bookshelf Stereo speaker Clock, barometer & tide clock. There are opening ports and fixed larger windows port & starboard. An opening aluminum hatch with Lexan cover allows extra light and natural ventilation. Galley (Aft to port): U-shaped, the Galley has a white formica countertop. Forward is a dual voltage Frigoboat refrigerator/freezer: With 8-cubic feet of storage in three compartments, the center being the freezer and outside compartments refrigeration, and two top-access hatches offering plenty of counter workspace. Outboard is the stainless steel gimbaled Force 10 gas 3-burner stove with oven & broiler and Marinetics propane switch, and storage lockers outboard and dome lights above. Aft is the double stainless steel sink installed in the white countertop with hot & cold pressure water and a freshwater hand pump next to hatch opening dry locker storage outboard. There are dish storage and storage lockers above as well as drawer storage. Navigation Station: Across from the galley, the Nav Station is forward-facing and has a varnished mahogany nav table with cushioned seat and dome light over. The nav table top opens for storage of charts etc., and has additional storage drawers, a locker with louvered doors below the table, and a chart light. Electronics & gauges, electrical panel and stereo are outboard. Navigation Electronics: Furuno 1623 Radar (2009) Garmin Mar 182C GPS Simrad AP-28 Autopilot (2009) Icom M-59 VHF radio Ritchie 5" compass Autohelm ST-50 Wind Speed, Wind Direction, Depth Sounder & Knotmeter Aft Quarterberth: An over-sized Quarterberth is aft of the nav area to starboard.
- SAILS & RIGGING
- Roller-furling sloop rigged. She has a single spreader tapered aluminum main mast stepped to the keel, stainless steel wire rigging with chrome plated turnbuckles. Tapered spreader 2 sets of jiffy reefing points Mid-boom main sheeting Cabintop mounted traveler Stainless steel genoa tracks are rail mounted with blocks and stops. Spinnaker pole and winch handles Winches: Lewmar #54 ST primary winches Lewmar #48 ST main sheet winch Lewmar #48 extra winch Barient #22 jib halyard winch Barient #21 main halyard winch Barient #18 jib halyard winch Jiffy reefing winch Sails: Main sail - Hood, with jiffy reefing & 2 reef points 150% Genoa - Hood 130% Genoa - Hood Working Jib - Hood MPS sail - Hood Spinnaker
- Separate 12-volt DC & 110-volt AC systems with Bass AC/DC electrical panel. 12-Volt DC system: Separate 12-volt starting and house systems New Batteries (2011) (1) 12-volt 100-amp starting battery and (4) 6-volt 225-amp/hr battery bank for accessories. Engine-driven high output 105-amp Alternator for charging, regulator + a 55-amp Alternator. Guest battery switch and a Sentry battery charger. DC gauges include amperes and volts 110-volt AC system: Shore power inlet and shore cord, master switch, and AC voltage gauges. More: All required navigation lights. There are 12-volt dome and reading lights and 12-volt cabin fans Rigging, mast, electronics, engine, etc. bonded together to provide protection from lightning and electrolysis.
- Westerbeke 4-108 FWC diesel engine (Rebuilt 1997) - Approx. 1100 engine hrs. overall (8/2012). 2:1 transmission Stainless steel shaft with PSS shaft seal and a 3-blade prop. Racor fuel filters The engine is accessed through a removable panel in the galley and through the sail lockers. The Westerbeke engine panel includes tachometer, voltage meter, water temperature, and oil pressure. Engine room is sound insulated. Allcraft 110-volt hot water heater Electric hydraulic centerboard with manual override Electric pumps hydraulic power unit Sump pump has Y-valve. Jabsco Par Max 4 electric bilge pump 7 Dayton hydraulic power unit. Bilge blower. Propane detector (2009) Aft lazarette is set up with LP gas bottles and valves.
- ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT
- Ideal Electric Windlass with two chain pipes Stainless Steel Bow Roller CQR 35# Anchor Danforth 20# Galvanized Anchor 150' Anchor Rodes with chain Equipment: Emergency Tiller Steering Boarding Ladder Dock Lines Fenders Life Ring Manual Bilge Pump Life Sling Fire Extinguishers Flare Kit Horn Masthead Lights + antennas
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Hinckley Brokerage Offices: SOUTHWEST HARBOR-ME: Broker: Bob Pooler Cell: 207-460-7589 or E-mail: email@example.com ♦ Broker: Wythe Ingebritson Cell: 207-664-8111 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 207-244-5531 PORTSMOUTH, RI: Broker: Ted Gersen (CPYB) Cell: 401-338-2717 E-mail: email@example.com ♦ Broker: Joe Dwyer Cell: 401-578-2919 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ♦ Broker: Dana Davidson ( non-Hinckley specialist ) Cell: 401-965-1684 or E-mail: email@example.com Office: 401-683-7005 ANNAPOLIS, MD: Broker: Peter Howard (CPYB) Cell: 443-852-0193 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org om Office: 410-263-0095 STUART- FL: Broker: Tripper Vincent Cell: 561-262-3900 or E-mail: email@example.com Office: 772-403-5387 NAPLES-FL: Broker: Jack Erbes Cell: 401-418-2188 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 239-261-2879 HARBOR SPRINGS-MI: Broker: Marty Letts Cell: 231-330-3680 or E-mail: email@example.com Office: 231-526-4378