- 37 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- 2000 Series
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
This well maintained J/37 spent the first 12 years of her life in fresh water before making the journey to the West Coast. She has spent the balance of her time sailing the gentle breezes of the Southern California coastline.
The J/37 is ideal for those looking for a true dual purpose boat that can be a comfortable cruiser as well as an excellent club racer. Her interior is open and functional with accommodations for 6 adults. The design of her hull and layout of cockpit are emblematic of Rod Johnstone's unparalleled understanding of the ergonomics of sailing.
- Interior Details
- As you enter through the companion way into the main cabin, you will notice the nice open layout. Immediately to port is the L-shaped galley with Stainless Steel sink, Tasco propane 2-burner stove/oven combination, and large top loading refrigeration box with Adler Barbour refrigeration unit. Across to starboard is the nav station. The main salon features twin settee's port and starboard with cabinets outboard and additional storage behind the seat backs. A center-line drop leaf table offers plenty of space for dinning and doubles as a cover for the engine. This arrangement affords an unparalleled amount of access for ease of service and ideal placement of the engine directly low and over the keel. The forward cabin features a large v-berth with storage drawers and hanging locker. The head compartment is accessible from both the main cabin and v-berth areas and features marine toilet, shower, and vanity with sink. The aft cabin has a large double berth and hanging locker. All interior cushions are brand new as of August of 2012
- Hull and Deck
- Hull and deck constructed of fiberglass with end grain balsa core and vinylester resin Hul and deck joint bonded with 3M 5200, bolted on 4" centers, and finished with annodized aluminum toe rail Lead fin keel bolted to deep sump Solid glass transverse support beams over keel Anchor well on starboard midships large lazarette in cockpit Designated propane locker with room for two tanks Molded in dorade boxes with solar powered vents
- Deck Hardware
- Double spreader aluminum keel stepped mast with internal halyards Solid boom vang system Hydraulic backstay Aluminum spinnaker pole with track on mast and dongle attachment (2) Barient 32CST 2-speed self tailing primary winches in cockpit (2) Barient 22CST 2-speed self tailing secondary winches on spray hood (2) Barient 24 CST 2-speed self tailing halyard winches at mast Harken mainsheet traveler at helm with harken mainsheet purchase system with coarse and fine tune adjustments Harken adjustable genoa cars with controls lead to cockpit Harken roller furling system for head sails (2) Lewmar opening deck hatches (8) Bomar opening ports Edson 40" destroyer wheel on binnacle
- Sail Inventory
- Ullman Mainsail Ullman Genoa #1 Kevlar Mainsail Symmetrical Spinnaker Asymmetrical Spinnaker Storm Jib Storm Trysail
- Additional Features
- Garmin GPS Map 180 Raymarine autopilot Standard Horizon VHF New Dodger with all canvas in excellent shape New interior cushions Cockpit cushions Anchor with chain and rhode Racor fuel filter on engine
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Please contact the owners representative directly for more information on this boat or to arrange a personal showing. John Zagorski - JZ@denisonyachtsales.com - Cell: (310)947-2092