A go anywhere sailboat with a touch of the traditional, but nicely updated for today's cruising environment.
This proven cruiser has been plying the waters of Pacific Mexico and the Channel islands since 2003 including 3 extended trips to Zihuatenejo and all attractions between, including a month in the remote Revillagigedo Archipelago, 250 miles south of Cabo. Where will she go next is the question.
Imagine seeing see whale sharks, hammerheads and manta rays.from your self contained floating city
or move between exotic ports and remote scenic anchorages on a very modest budget.... Cruisers agree that Pacific Mexico is safe, fun, affordable, and a short sail away.
Owner and sailing partner have enjoyed cruising and seek a smaller boat for local sailing.
A great chance for you to move onto this 3 stateroom 2 head RARE GALLEY DOWN model and begin your adventures!
- LOA: 58 ft 0 in Beam: 14 ft 6 in Length on Deck: 50 ft 0 in Maximum Draft: 6 ft 2 in Displacement: 57000 lbs Full Load
- Engine Brand: Ford Lehman Engine(s) Total Power: 80 HP Engine Model: 2712E Year Built: 1978..full rebuild 1994. Engine Hours: 5352
- Fresh Water Tanks: Two Fiberglass (300 Gallons) Fuel Tanks: Four Aluminum (270 Gallons), removed and rebuilt in 2011 Holding Tank: Plastic (40 Gallons)
- Number of cabins: 3 Number of heads: 2
- INTERIOR DETAILS
- The interior cosmetically is in good condition, this includes paint work, bright work including the teak sole. The upholstery is also in good condition.
- PILOT HOUSE / MAIN SALON
- The steering console is on the port side. It consists of steering, engine controls, autopilot, compass, and electronic navigation equipment mounts. On the port side of the main salon is a navigation desk, cabinet and L shaped settee with storage under. On the starboard side is refrigeration/freezer and cabinets with a counter above. The pilothouse has custom made “see through” sunshade covers outside the windows.
- The galley is to port aft of the mid ship berths, is L shaped and comprises a double stainless steel sink, propane stove, microwave, refrigeration with ample counters and cabinets above and below.
- Forepeak has two berths starboard, with storage, a desk and a cabinet. Aft of the forepeak berths on the port side is a hanging locker and a bathroom with a vanity with a hand basin, a large walk in shower, a cabinet and a head. Opposite on the starboard side is a 2 person slide-out berth with storage below. The master stateroom is aft of the pilot house. It consists of an aft king size berth, cabinets, storage under, shelving, and a separate bathroom with all amenities. Aft of the berth is access to the steering equipment.
- MAST & RIGGING
- The original spruce spars have been well maintained. A condition and valuation survey including engines, rigging and spars inspection was completed on July 23, 2012. All recommendations completed. Owner will make this report available to serious buyers. The running rigging is in good condition.
- The spacious cockpit is well aft with steering and engine controls and instruments with compass and navigation electronics on top of the steering console. Generous seating is across the stern with a vented propane locker and storage under. The bow has a stainless pulpit and 36 inch high double stainless steel lifelines that surround the rest of the deck, including the stern. Custom sunbrella covers for all 4 hatches, Dorade boxes, windlass, ladder, companionway, helm, wheel, winches, bbq and gas can. A wind permeable shade structure covers the cockpit.
- The fore deck consists of a bow sprit with a bow sprit platform and a set of bitts. Mounted on the bow sprit are two anchor rollers with anchors mounted and ready to deploy. There are two anchor windlasses one manual and one electric. On the deck is a small trunk cabin giving access to the forepeak berths, five Dorade vents and a butterfly skylight. Aft of the skylight is the pilot house with a life raft mounted on top and a starboard entrance to the pilot house. There are additional opening, 14 inch and 8 inch vent hatches on the pilot house roof.
- DECKS AND SUPERSTRUCTURE
- Teak decks were refastened and re-caulked and 4 gallons of penetrating epoxy was infused into the deck core in 2011.
- HULL ABOVE THE WATERLINE
- Hull was painted with LPU in 2008.
- HULL BELOW THE WATERLINE
- Prior to leaving La Paz in July, the boat was surveyed out of the water. No blisters were found, all through hulls appeared in good condition and the rudder bearings were in good condition with no wear. The cutlass bearing was replaced, the shaft checked and polished on a lathe. New Lehman motor mounts were installed. The bottom was repainted with 3.5 gals 67% ablative paint and new zincs installed.
- DINGHY = West Marine Aluminum RIB 10 .3 FT OUTBOARD MOTOR = Honda 15hp. New 2000 OTHER: Mast top dinghy launching system using windlass. 8 Fenders, 6 HD Dock lines, BBQ is rail mounted.
- GALLEY AND INTERIOR
- STOVE TYPE = Propane, Princess, three burner with oven FUEL LOCATION = Vented propane locker aft starboard side with 12 volt solenoid. REFRIGERATION = Danfoss BD 50 12 volt (compressor & evaporator new in 2006) AIR CONDITIONING = Daewoo , 5500 BTU, 500 watts, new 2010 MICROWAVE = Daewoo, 800 watt HOT WATER TANK = Stainless steel 11 gallons, 110 AC and engine heated 2004
- SPARS AND RIGGING
- MAST AND BOOM = Both masts and booms are wood, painted and in good condition BOOM VANG = Boom preventer on main & mizzen booms STANDING RIGGING = 1X19 St Steel 5/16th & 3/8th wire, 17 wires and swages renewed in 2006 and 2010 with upgraded turnbuckles. RUNNING RIGGING = Good ROLLER FURLING = Harken Cruising II, new in 2006, Lazy Jack System and Custom Stack Pack on main & mizzen booms CHAIN PLATES = Aft ss Triple chain plates and Cranziron on bowsprit new 2006. WINCHES = Barlow winches, Two # 28, (self tailing) one # 24, Three #20, one # 15, and One # 5. All in good condition.
- DECK HARDWARE
- all deck hardware is in good working condition.
- Main and mizzen sails, 11 oz dacron in good condition new in 2009. 110% premium furling genoa with foam luff by Island Planet Sails new Nov 2011. Forestay carries a hank on stormsail.
- GROUND TACKLE
- ANCHORS 110 lbs. fixed plow anchor with 320 ft. 3/8 BBB chain. CQR 45 lbs. with 20 ft. HT 3/8th chain plus 300 ft. 3/4ths three strand rode 33 lbs Bruce anchor aft with 20’ 5/16” chain, 150 ft. of 5/8 inch thee strand rode 2 ANCHOR WINDLASSES = SL 555 manual and Lofrans Tigress 1200 watt 12 volt reversible, new 2004.
- SAFETY EQUIPMENT AND MANDATORY NOTICES
- BILGE PUMPS = Three Rule electric automatic bilge pumps, two 3500 GPH located fore and aft of engine compartment and one Rule 2000 under engine and one manual bilge pump. PERSONAL FLOTATION DEVICES = Three type I, and five type III. THROWABLE DEVICES (TYPE IV) = One horse shoe and one throw cushion. LIFE RAFT = Avon Canister, Hypalon enclosed, Off shore 8 man, inflation bottle only hydro tested, and recertified in December 2010. MAN OVERBOARD POLE = One on starboard side of cockpit FIRE EXTINGUISHERS = Three 5 lbs. ABC located forward, galley, main salon, good till December 2012
- Electronics and Navigation
- RADIOS = VHF Cobra DSC , new June 2012 RADAR = Raymarine 24 miles, (new 2005) GPS = Raymarine C-70 chartplotter, new 2009 and mounts either cockpit or pilothouse. DEPTH SOUNDER = Garmin color fish finder model 160 C, and two separate bronze through hull transducers, new 2006 SPEED INDICATOR = GPS AUTOPILOT = Ray Marine Type II, electronics and pump, new in 2005 COMPASS = Constellation 5 inch and Ritchie NAVIGATION LIGHTS = International, Led and size upgrade.
- Northern lights, with new Lugger engine (2004) , 4.6 kw, 991 hrs.(491 actual) Blue Sky generator circuit breaker 2004
- Electrical - AC
- Shore power connection = Hubell 120 volt connector, 30 amp with two 50 ft. cords and 50 amp adapter. Inverter = Chicago Power System 4,000 watts peak power Wiring = Marine Grade Copper
- Electrical - DC
- NO. of batteries = Three 8d's and two 6 volt Group 27's Battery Charging = Engine 100 amp Balmar alternator, Generator, two battery chargers, True Charge 30 amp 3 circuit, Noco Genius, 40 amp with 4 circuits, and four solar cells with separate regulators, 0ne 135 watt, 2-85 watts and one 30 watts(new 2009 & 2011) .Blue Sky Smart 3 stage regulator (2011)
- ALSO INCLUDED LIST
- Triple dock steps 6 step original folding wood boarding ladder 2 step rope/plastic boarding ladder Dual racor diesel prefilters,vacuum gauges,12 volt fuel priming and transfer pump. Upgraded fuel manifold 2003, dual belt upgrade, 100 amp Balmar alternator Old Milwaukee 28 volt electric winch handle. Raymarine wireless autopilot remote West Marine 120 V space heater, two 12v cabin fans, two 12v/120v portable fans, 120v portable fan Dinghy anchor, pump, oars and wheels. Flopper stopper system, aluminum, 4 hinged vanes Spare starter and alternator for Lehman Spare starter, alternator, glo plugs, injector lines, fresh water pump for Lugger Spare headstay, bolt cutter, turnbuckles, much more. Drive saver 504 flexible prop shaft coupler Spare filters, impellers and v belts Flares canister, fog bell, manual and pneumatic horns, radar reflector, smoke detectors. Spare 105% furling genoa with uv fabric. Spare very heavy storm sail that can hank on or furl. 6' 4" headroom two raritan atlantes FW electric toilets added 2002 Macerator on galley sink and holding tank
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.