- 76 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
Not all Viking ships are from Scandinavian countries! "Drakar" is a Viking style Long Boat built in Brazil. Drawings were from the Gokstad Ship built around 890 AD, located in a Norwegian museum. One-of-a-kind, heavy built with (farmed) tropical wood. Hull is 1 3/4in thick and deck is 1.2 in thick. Owner/builder was fascinated with the Viking conquerors and fulfilled a lifelong dream in the creation of Drakar. The vessel was used briefly in Brazil for cruises carrying 95 passengers and is currently in the Caribbean. Current owner continues to maintain and improve Drakar. A 7 week haul-out was completed in the summer of 2012 making her ready for a new owner.
- Propulsion / Mechanical
- Engine Make: MWM Brazil Model: D-229-6 Number of Engines: 2 H/P: 250 Total, 125 Each Hours: (Approx.) Port, 3767 - Stbd, 3799 Cruising Speed: 7 kts @ 1900 rpm, 10 kts @ 2100 rpm Burn Rate @ 7 kts: (Approx.) 1 eng - 6.6 gal / 25 liters, 2 eng - 13 gal / 50 liters Transmission(s): ZF Marine Model: ZF 220 Racor Fuel Filtering System Bronze Raw Water Pumps (Belt Drive) S/S Air Filter Brackets
- Measurements / Tankage
- LOA: 76ft / 23.85m Beam: 20ft / 6.20m Draft: 4.75ft / 1.45m Displacement: 47tons / 47,000kg Ballast: 6614lbs / 3,000kg Cabin Headroom: 6ft 4in / 2m Fuel Capacity: Diesel, 476gal / 1,800liters Total (Poly) Fresh Water Capacity: 317gal / 1,200liters (Poly)
- GPS/Chartplotter: Garmin, GPS Map 398 Magnetic Compass VHF: Uniden Solara DSC
- Cabins: 3 Berths: 5 Galley w/ S/S Deepsink, Propane Stove, Oster Double Burner Hotplate, Toaster, Coffee Maker, Dinnerware, Pots & Pans, Cutlery Heads: 2 , 1 - Electric, 1 - Manual, w/Shower
- Electrical & Plumbing
- 110/220 & 12 Volt Starting Batteries: 5 Total, 3 - Master Volt AGM 160 AH (2007), 2 - Bosch Maintenence Free 150 AH (2007) Inverter: Xantrex Pro Watt SW 2000 Lighting: All LED Wind Generator: Seabreeze Solar Panel Pressurized Water Toilet: 2 Total, 1 Jabsco Manual, 1 Jabsco Electric Shower Salt Water Washdown at Bow
- Deck, Ground Tackle & Sails
- Full Canvas Deck Cover Dinghy/Anchor Davit Paint: Topside , Sigma Coaltar 2-Part Epoxy (3-Coats), Bottom , Sigma Coaltar 2-Part Epoxy (2-Coats) With Jotun Sea Queen Self-Polishing (3-Coats) Completed Summer 2012 Anchor: 3 Total, 2 Fisherman - 120 lbs/55 kg & 110 lbs/50 kg, 1 Grapple - 99 lbs/45 kg Ground Tackle: Chain, 10 mil / 164 ft / 50 m - Nylon 3-Strand, 66 ft / 20 m Sails: 2 Total, 1 - 23ft X 23ft / 7m X 7m, 1 - 26ft X 26ft / 8m X 8m
- Safety & Misc.
- 100+ Life Jackets Life Rings: 2 Life Raft: 2 Total, 8 - Person Bilge Pump: 4 Total, 3 - Electric, 1 - Manual Fenders & Mooring Lines Spares: Boom, Filters, F/W Pump, Bilge Pump Haul-out during Summer 2012 included: Full paint (Top Grade 2-Part Epoxy), Completely stripped the bottom, Replaced 8 planks, 1/3 of the Keel and Re-Caulked the Entire Vessel!
- Broker Comments
- Impressive! Catches the attention of everyone when entering a harbor. A very solid, heavily built vessel which you can use for day/sunset cruises, educational programs or movie production. Drakar can be sailed, rowed (16 Rowing Stations) or motored easily with twin diesels. Even with all the modern amenities it is easy to imagine Viking conquerors manning the oars keeping rhythm with their drum.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Clark Jelley Central Listing Agent M: 561-676-8445 Located in S.E. Florida Clark@EdwardsYachtSales.com Skype: clarkjelley