Built by Wedgeport Commercial Boats in Wedgeport, Nova Scotia, “AR-CHAR” was started in 1996 and completed in 1999. From Wedgeport Boats:
“Wedgeport Boats Ltd. is in the business of building strong seaworthy vessels. Whether you need a heavy duty commercial work boat or a recreational coastal cruiser, you’re making the right decision with Wedgeport Boats Ltd.
Our certified boat builders have over 60 years combined experience working with the commercial fishing industry. During that time, our unique approach to boat building has evolved through recognition that the best value for each vessel we produce results from a boat specially designed to each customer’s requirements.
Wedgeport Boats Ltd. is committed to continually improving the quality of the boats we build and the services we provide. Our goal is to deliver quality products and services that meet or exceed our customers’ requirements, while always treating customers, suppliers and employees fairly and honestly.
Wedgeport Boats are manufactured to meet – and exceed – Transport Canada’s Ship Safety Construction Standards and accepted industry standards.
Wedgeport Boats Ltd. is a Gold member of the Nova Scotia Boat builders Association and a member of the American Boat & Yacht Council.”
“AR-CHAR” is constructed of fiberglass with encapsulated timber longitudinal stringers and plywood ring frames. Three fiberglass water tight bulkheads protect the vessel. Starting below and forward are the crew quarters with bunks to port and starboard, a galley area with propane stove and oven along the aft starboard side and a storage center with microwave to port. A companionway with three steps leads above deck to the wheelhouse. In the wheelhouse the helm area is to starboard with navigation and electronics easily accessible and the electric panel behind on the bulkhead. The engine room hatch is amidships in the wheelhouse deck. The port and starboard aft bulkheads have a water tight sliding door onto the aft deck. The aft deck is arranged with a “dog house” style crew area to port.
On the deck facing forward the aft bulkhead has helm controls to starboard and winch hydraulic controls, brakes, and dogs to port. The fish hold hatch is aft of the winch. Below deck the insulated fish hold has fiberglass encapsulated bin dividers with aluminum tracks and boards. Next aft is the steel frame with net reel fitted above the deck. Also aft and below deck the lazarette hold has the hydraulic steering box while the sump pump and rudder quadrant are housed in a separate hatch below the deck. The transom is open above the deck level and is fitted with a fixed “A” frame at the stern.
- Fish hold with ice capability Currently set up for shrimp fishing Double drum hydraulic winch with deck controls Aft lazarette area or fish hold Hydraulic hauler Wide deck area with high bulk wards
- Dirigo gimbaled compass at helm Goldstar GS-916 radar with 24 mile radar dome Furuno 303 CRT radar with 24 mile radar dome Furuno GP-31 GPS Navigator Furuno GP-1650 color GPS plotter Com-Nav 2001 autopilot Yaesu FT-2002 VHF radio with remote speaker Standard Horizon Eclipse VHF radio with DSC Wagner Model 150 rudder angle indicator 12 volt remote cabin top mounted hand controlled spot light Echotec CV1000 color video sounder
- 12 Volt DC and 120 Volt AC power Circuit breaker panel in wheel house (4) 8-D batteries in battery boxes Battery charger Powermate Portable gas generator, 3250 Watt Frigidaire wall mounted AC in wheel house Kelvinator chest freezer Microwave oven Emergency bilge pump and alarms Fume detection system with wheel house monitor
- The main engine was replaced in 201o and is fitted with a hydraulic pump for all on-deck hydraulic machinery. The main winch is a double drum Domestic Engine and Pump winch, model 3176-1R that is powered with deck controls. Cummins 350 hp single diesel engine with 300 hours, repowered in 2010 Twin Disc 507 transmission with 3:1 gear ratio Full wheel house/helm engine instrumentation Keel cooled Dry engine exhaust with insulated muffler and pipe 3” stainless steel shaft Dual lever stainless steel helm controls Hydraulic steering system
- US Federal Permit #149146 Current permits possibly available for purchase: Shrimp Sea Scallops Monkfish, squid, butterfish, dog fish, herring (non-VMS), and tilefish (incidental)
- Broker's Remarks
- Can be shipped anywhere in the world. Will assist with international shipping.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.