Pure, sleek lines and lowered coach roof. Below decks, the design is stunningly contemporary with light wood finishes.The First 50 is unashamedly beautiful and daringly perfect. She is one of the few desirable First 50's available in the Caribbean. Her owner's care will clearly be apparent when you experience her condition. Never raced, but sailed fast on every cruise! Available immediately for this coming season of cruising, occasional regatta, or full-out race campaign.
- The First 50 places the utmost importance on easy movement, space, large volume of stowage, comfort and restraint Pale woodwork, light oak colour finish Laminated soles Solid wood frames to doors, fiddles and mouldings Cabin mattresses with removable covers Wider than normal communicating doors without coaming (except head compartments).They have lever handle type locks with a self-adjustment system. Push lock type bolts for locking cupboards Forecabin: 1.91 m headroom Double island berth (2 m x 1.5 m) on slatted base for maximum comfort, having a high-density foam mattress with removable upholstered cover. A step on either side makes it easy to get in and out Padded head to berth 2 large drawers under berth 1 hanging locker to starboard 1 stowage locker with oddment holders and stainless steel fiddle to port Unit to starboard that can be used as a dressing table Two open shelves along hull Hull lining 1 deck hatch with mosquito screen One rung under the deckhead lining completes the emergency exit route 4 articulated reading lights 3 square halogen deckhead lights Indirect deckhead lighting
- Galley & Salon
- Galley: 1 gimballed 2-burner hob + oven with saucepan holder, protected by wooden drop leaf used as work surface. 1 closed shelf under the oven 1 stowage unit consisting of English-style drawer for saucepans and providing access to second drawer for dishes. 1 cutlery drawer 1 plate storage reached from above Work surface has a built-in chopping block Rectangular single bowl stainless steel sink with mixer tap and drainer 1 low unit with wastebin, access to sink valves and stowage of cleaning products 100 litres front opening refrigerator with 12 V evaporative cooling system and baskets 1 x 60 litres top opening icebox with refrigerating unit with 12 V evaporative cooling system 1 drawer 1 bottle storage drawer 4 high level shelves including 2 with spice racks and 1 extra deep 1 stowage unit for cooking utensils under shelf beside the hob 3 opening ports on coaming with blinds and handrail 1 smaller size opening port on coaming 2 square halogen deckhead lights Indirect lighting 2.00 m headroom T-shaped galley layout Varnished wood work surface with stainless steel fiddles Salon: 1.95 m, 2.01 m head room Spacious L-shaped saloon with benchseat and rectangular table on stainless steel legs with solid wood frame, handgrips and stowage locker. 2 removable seats on stainless steel legs with vinyl leather upholstery. 4 tall units along hull with closed compartmented stowage. Stowage lockers under benchseat Stainless steel fiddle along hull aft of benchseat Hull lining The mast is visible Seating area with 3-man sofa 4 tall units along hull with closed compartmented stowage Stowage lockers under benchseat and under sole Stainless steel fiddle along hull aft of benchseat Hull lining 3 opening deck hatches with blinds / mosquito screens 1 hull port to starboard + 1 to port 1 permanent ventilation system 4 articulated reading lights 4 square halogen deckhead lights Indirect lighting Square halogen deckhead lights, articulated reading lights and indirect low-level lighting (on soles, furniture bottom edges, under the shelves and in the deck inner moulding) are distributed throughout the different spaces for comfortable lighting levels. 7 x 220 V sockets distributed between the cabins, saloon and chart table. 2 removable salon seats in Havana leather Hi-fi and video: 20 LCD TV + TV aerial + DVD / MP3 player + tuner + internal and external high definition speakers Logo-branded leather tool kit bags
- Hull, Deck & Cockpit
- Hull: The hull is monolithic GRP and glass fibre construction. Its overall structure is reinforced by longitudinals and local reinforcements (e.g. near keel, rudder, chain plates, deck line). The hull is given optimal protection from osmosis by applying a first coat of protective resin. A structural monolithic inner moulding of bi-axial and unidirectional fabrics is bonded and laminated to the hull at various points. Its structural role is important as it takes and absorbs the stresses at stress points (e.g. chain plate tie rods, keel, rudder, etc.) and spreads any loads, guaranteeing reduced strain on the hull. It also ensures a good finish to the bilges and makes cleaning and maintenance easier. The floors support the mechanical elements (engine, etc.) and water tanks. Structural marine plywood bulkheads are fixed to the hull for improved rigidity. The hull is white or grey in colour with grey livery. Deck: The deck is of a sandwich (glass fibre / balsa / polyester resin construction for optimal strength / weight ratio. Reinforced monolithic areas are laid under the deck gear (winches, rails, chain plates, cleats). All working and circulation areas on deck are non-slip. An inner moulding is bonded to the deck interior to improve its finish. An integral monolithic inner moulding containing the structural deck beams is bonded to the deck for a perfect finish (integral lighting, finish, access to screw points for fixing the deck gear, etc.). Navigation and anchor lights on mast Port and starboard bow lights on pulpit Stern light on pushpit Sail Area: I : 62.33 ft J : 17.50 ft P : 60.58 ft E : 21.25 ft Equipment: Black finish aluminium mast, Facslide track, max. depth boom and pole track, ROD rigging Folding stainless steel and teak cockpit table Dropleaf chart table, chart pad and Havana leather covered helmsmans seat Cockpit: Fitted with 7 stowage lockers 1 locker under each cockpit bench 1 halyard locker with cover close to companionway and coachroof control lines. 1 locker with cover for ropes and mooring lines in cockpit sole. This locker can also take a folding cockpit table (option) 1 locking locker aft of port helm position 1 gas locker aft of starboard helm position 1 liferaft locker in cockpit sole with locking cover Teak slatted cockpit benches, cockpit sole and helmsmans seats Self-draining cockpit 2 waterproof speakers Two lacquered aluminium, imitation carbon trimmed steering wheels, mounted on two lacquered aluminium design consoles 2 steering compasses built into side decks close to helm positions Engine control panel located at end of starboard cockpit bench Space for navigation electronics (option) cut on the sides aft of port and starboard cockpit benches One articulated U-bolt for hanging harness snap shackles close to companionway and one on the mainsail sheeting island base
- Engines & Batteries
- Engines: YANMAR 4JH3 HTE / 75 HP / 55 kw diesel engine with Sail Drive transmission. Engine mounting built in to hull inner lining. Engine compartment insulated with soundproof foam and ventilation ensured by air intake and forced outflow port through transom. For maintenance, engine compartment access is through an opening aft of the companionway and two side access hatches in the aft cabins. Folding 3-blade propeller Rotomoulded 237 litre diesel tank under aft starboard berth with electric gauge, sediment filter and stop-valve. Its stainless steel deck filler with key is located on the side of the aft cockpit to starboard. Seawater filter Engine starter and control panel situated in the cockpit to starboard on the aft side of the cockpit bench. The engine control lever is positioned on the cockpit starboard side within reach of the helm position. One 12 V 110 amp engine starting battery Batteries: 80 Amp alternator attached to the engine. 220 V supply (shore supply situated in stowage locker under port starboard bench and protected by a circuitbreaker). 1 x 40 Amp charger 1 battery power distributor
- Power Supply: 12 V electric circuit supplied as standard by two 140 Amp service batteries. Supply protected by battery switches (+/-), at the bottom of the companionway in a cupboard beneath the back of the chart table. Electrical Network: Specific looms are let into the deck and hull inner moldings to supply the integral deck head lighting as well as the various electrical items (e.g. pumps, windlass, navigation lights, etc.). Conduits with messenger line are pre-positioned for easier passage and fixing of options. Electrical Panel: Backlit electrical panel in brushed stainless steel above the chart table centralizes all the boats electrical functions (12 V / 220 V). Each function is protected by a circuit breaker 1 x 12 V socket 1 x 220 V voltmeter 1 x 12 V voltmeter 1 ammeter 1 water and fuel gauge with digital display 1 battery-low and fuel and water levels alarm signal 1 x 220 V socket at chart table
- Electronics: ST290 analogue windvane anemometer ST290 close hauled analogue wind display ST290 remote digital keypad for multi mast foot display ST290 Data repeater display ST290 Data repeater display Control keypad for ST290 + LS50 autopilot ST290 analogue windvane anemometer ST290 close hauled analogue wind display 12.1" multi-function colour display 3 x ST290 graphic displays LCD TV connector
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.