For nearly two centuries and possibly the longest history of a family of boat builders in the USA, Hodgdon Yachts has built 400 of the world’s best motor yachts, sailing yachts, and military craft for over five generations. From schooners in the 19th century to patrol craft in the 21st, Hodgdon has launched their vessels into the Damariscotta River from east Booth Bay’s Maine shore. Launched in 1990 Dixie was built for a 3rd generation yachtsman and commercial ship and service repair yard family. After many enjoyable years, they are ready to let her go.
Featuring a vacuum bagged cold molded Bruce King deep-V hull design with an epoxy over wood superstructure, full galley, V-berth, large cockpit, sun beds over Yanmar engines, and half tower, Dixie’s design was to be a beautiful day cruiser able to fish. With the look and feel of absolute grace, and tradition, huge fishing cockpit, tumblehome hull, first class performance, and a tow eye providing capabilities of a yacht tender, Dixie can multitask. We invite you to meet Dixie to see if she better compliments your lifestyle and adds a new blend of beauty and entertainment for your family.
- As you enter from the companionway, the galley is located to port with a full head to starboard. Forward is a large V-berth for two with storage underneath. The teak and holly sole throughout the floor space is complimented with teak cabinetry and workmanship. The outside seating and cockpit area features a helm with seating for two to starboard, guest seating for two to port, a breathtaking cold molded wood windshield that embraces an era gone. Over head hardtop with lighting and a removable Isin Glass enclosure for rainy or cold days with a driving station above on the Pipe Welders half tower. The custom engine box covers open to produce an abundance of room to please anyone performing maintenance while further acting as extra large sun pad covers for guest leisure and catching rays. The cockpit has an abundance of usable space to entertain or fish. With teak coming wrapped around, integrated rod holders, hot and cold water, salt water wash down, rocket launchers above on the half tower, and hideaway rod and rope lockers. Dixie can catch a fish or two.
- Deck Equipment
- Navigation lights Perko USCG RINA CLASS Swim Platform Swim ladder Stainless Steel rub rail wrapped around swim platform up to amidships to protect tumblehome Kohler faucet in cockpit for hot and cold fresh water to port Salt water faucet in starboard cockpit (2) six foot rod/line/ white vented rope lockers on each side of cockpit with varnished frames (2) large deck drains in cockpit (2) cleats in cockpit (2) cleats amidships (2) cleats on bow Pipe Welders half tower with upstairs driving station with outriggers (4) rod holders on tower (4) rod holders on teak covering boards (2) white painted custom teak benches for both Capt. and guests forward complimented with cushions and outlined in coats of varnish Stainless steel anchor chain cover Stainless steel flag pole base on bow with varnished wood flag mast (2) Engine box covers with cushions Port and strb diesel deck fill Perko USCG life ring (6) piece removable isin glass full enclosure with (6) separate zippered roll up windows (4) Stainless steel wrapped ceiling lights in glass (2) stainless steel inspection plates for rudder removal
- Electrical System
- Quicksilver galvanic isolator Raymarine Smart Pilot CPU Garman GSD 22 CPU 30 AMP shore power connect strb and port sides (2) Garmin 5208 GPS MAPS Standard Horizon Nova Plus VHF radio ACR 50B remote search light Raymarine ST 8002 Auto Pilot
- Engine/Mechanical Equipment
- (2) Yanmar Power 6LY2A-STP main engines Cruise Air SX10-HV serial # 80779829 Jabsco Pump guard A/C pump mod #46200-0000 Shurflo 12V water pump mod# 4901-4212 Ballast tank with Galley Maid PSI gauge Port and Strb shore power select switch Jastram steering pump Yachtman 15C marine 1301 halon fire protection system Custom insulated engine box covers fitted with duel Attwood spring lifts mod# SL293569MB (2) Racor fuel / water separator mod# 90FG (2) steel saddle mounted (150 gallon each) fuel tanks centerline tank with WEMA fuel sender Port fuel tank has manual visible inspection Strb fuel tank has fuel sender for helm instrument reading Guest battery switches Odyssey PC2150 Marine Batteries ZF Marine Electronics MircoCommander mod# 91100 Attwood Bilge pumps with Rule Super Switches Centek Industries exhaust system tubing Vernay Mufflers Dripless shaft logs Hot water heater White Ritchie Powerdamp compass Avon 6 person life raft SN 38750 Seafit horn
- Elka stainless steel sink with hot and cold water pressure (2) large and (2) med sized cabinets with a large shelf above Origo mod # 3000 two burner alcohol stove (2) air conditioner vents (1) receptacle with (2) 110 GFI outlets Norcold 12/24 refrigerator mod # DE075BB-T Stainless steel port light opening with hanger Stainless steel ceiling light glass lamp wrapped in glass (2) large cabinets under galley sink with air conditioner thru hull inspection Teak and Holly flooring
- Cabin Features
- Large V Berth bed for two (2) large removable cushions Lightweight honeycomb framework bed frame (3) large removable bilge access hatches Air conditioner vent on starboard aft wall (3) Stainless steel lights wrapped in glass SXM A/C control with digital readout Anchor locker access forward of bed Large Bomar hatch with custom screen
- Kohler stainless steel sink Stainless steel faucet Galley Maid electric head with RAZ MARINE "Push to Flush" (3) Large cabinets above counter with (5) separate doors Holding tank with deck pump out Stainless steel opening port light with hanger (3) large lower cabinets including bilge access 110 v electrical outlet Stainless steel wrapped ceiling light in glass Locking door
- Designer Remarks
- From the Designer, Bruce King: “A yacht must be beautiful: a work of high art as well as high technology. A joy forever, a lovely vessel inspires deep feelings of pleasure, affirmation, and affection. She commands the loyalty and esteem that lead successive generations of owners to maintain and renew her perpetually, conferring a touch of immortality on her original patron, with whom she will be forever associated. In yachts, surely, grace is the primary virtue”.
- Broker Remarks
- For nearly two centuries and possibly the longest history of a family of boat builders in the USA, Hodgdon Yachts has built 400 of the world’s best motor yachts, sailing yachts, and military craft for over five generations. From schooners in the 19 th century to patrol craft in the 21 st , Hodgdon has launched their vessels into the Damariscotta River from east Booth Bay’s Maine shore. Launched in 1990 Dixie was built for a 3 rd generation yachtsman and commercial ship and service repair yard family. After many enjoyable years, they are ready to let her go. Featuring a vacuum bagged cold molded Bruce King deep-V hull design with an epoxy over wood superstructure, full galley, V-berth, large cockpit, sun beds over Yanmar engines, and half tower, Dixie’s design was to be a beautiful day cruiser able to fish. With the look and feel of absolute grace, and tradition, huge fishing cockpit, tumblehome hull, first class performance, and a tow eye providing capabilities of a yacht tender, Dixie can multitask. We invite you to meet Dixie to see if she better compliments your lifestyle and adds a new blend of beauty and entertainment for your family.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- For more information or showing instructions, please contact Whit Kirtland Cell: (305) 793-5886 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Click here to learn about Free Undercover Dockage Click here to visit our website Bradford Marine Yacht Sales .com We provide free dockage in our Bradford Marine Yacht Showroom for qualified, centrally listed yachts of ALL sizes. Our freshwater, undercover facility is one of the most desirable and respected in South Florida! Under our Buyer's Rewards Program , if you buy this yacht through Bradford Marine Yacht Sales, you can receive a free post-closing haul out and more at our Ft. Lauderdale Shipyard. Contact us for details.