Fort Lauderdale ,
The Makara 85 is a lightweight luxury yacht series, which brings the superyacht lifestyle to the racecourse in a way never seen before.
The Makara 85 series features subtle intricacies and perfectly proportioned style. Her exterior lines incorporate a defined hull chine and low profile superstructure, with dark glass giving a dynamic and striking contrast to the teak deck and paintwork. McConaghy designed her hull to glide with the lightest of breeze delivering the highest levels of sailing performance with minimal effort and maximum comfort.
Constructed using prepreg carbon and structural foam cores, this model has a lightship displacement of just 48 tonnes. The rig package for the Makara series has been specified by Southern Spars, and a client can hone their racing and cruising preferences with the optional additions of a bowsprit and a lifting keel. Advanced systems and sail handling technology deliver push-button performance with effortless ease, and confident blue water cruising even for a solo sailor.
The MC85 is able to offer four different layout options with a three or four cabin layout, all en suite, as well as separate quarters for a 2 or 3 live-aboard crew. Also, available with Telescopic Keel System.
|LOA||85' (25.91 meters)|
Equipment & Options Configured to $8.2M USD
McConaghy MC85 MAKARA - Specifications Pricing and Options as Configured 5-2022
Composite Vessel Construction
- Hull, Deck, Cabin top & Structure are built with high performance structural foam cores carbon prepreg
- Carbon Composite strap chain plates will be integrated into the hull structure
Rudder & Steering
- Blade rudder vacuum infused resin and carbon fiber
- Prepreg carbon autoclaved rudder stocks
- McConaghy carbon steering wheels, will be chain sprocket and shaft system
- Fully equipped steering and navigation station with steering wheel helms and, navigation equipment instruments, gauges and controls.
- A Carbon Prepreg Bow sprit with Rod bobstay optional
Deck Hatch Openings
- High standard, custom McConaghy flush hatches, with concealed hinges and lockable latches fitted throughout
Custom Metal Work
- All bright stainless will be all 316L, all high load stainless will be a grade of Aquamet and deck hardware stainless will be A3 or equivalent
Deck Gear Package
- 1 x Magic trim mainsheet traveller
- 1 x Harken captive winch
- 4 x Harken primary winches
- 2 x Harken mast base winches
- If stanchions requires, they will be composite built, as per McConaghy standard
- The Aft deck, side deck, forward deck, planed teak battens with margin boards
- Stern Lazarette with transom door, allowing for tender dive gear and toy storage. This forms a beautiful beach for swimming and access ladder to main deck.
- Access to the machinery and pumps removable panels are provided to allow service access to all systems, valves, junction boxes, etc
- All vibrating or moving items are, as far as is practical, fitted on anti- vibration mounts.
- All pipes in the machinery space are polished, painted or plastic coated and marked with the system number.
- Pipes are laid out where possible along the centerline under the floor and orthogonally
- Clamps bolted to the structure will support them and in accommodation space they will be isolated from the pipe hangers with nylon, or equivalent, saddles.
- Engine room mid ship will be painted and lined with soundproofing
- Delta T fans in engine room with 24V control system
- Two Delta T fire damper systems in one engine room
Tanks (preliminary figure, to be confirmed)
- Fuel Capacity: 3500L
- Fresh Water Capacity: 2000L
- Grey & Black Holding Tank Capacity: 1000L
- Diesel fuel: Vessel to have 2 separate tanks with separate fills for each tank. Transfer systems shall transfer fuel between tanks
- Fresh water tanks: Transfer system between fresh water tanks
- All tanks will be labelled with type and capacities. All tanks shall have inspection access hatches and baffles
Harken Sailing Hydraulic
- 1 x reverse purchase system ram in boom
- 1 x reverse purchase system self trackers
Hydraulic Mainfolds for Deck Winches
- 1 x Mainfold for Mainsheet
- 1 x Mainfold for Self Tracking Blade
- Boom vang
- Stern Platform
- Four harken winches
- 1 x A sail furler
- 1 x Self tracking jib furler
- 1 x Genoa furler
Central Coast Hydraulic
- 1 x reservoir
- 1 x heat exchanger
- 1 x genset piston pump
- 3 x value bank assembles 8 function each with pressure and flow control
- 4 x logic values pump outlet
- 4 x pump solenoid logic values
- Fore Peak over rotating anchor arm concealed in fore peak hatch 1 x Lewmar V8 windlass
- 1 x CQR 140lbs galvanized bow anchors with 100m of 13mm galv chain
- 1 x manual chain stopper and storm anchor lashing points
Aft Deck Door Equipment & Design
- Saloon aft door: custom, sliding door with glass panels.
Insulation & Acoustics
- McConaghy will evaluate and design a sound and vibration attenuation system for this vessel, this system will be in-keeping with best practices and industry standards for yachts of this size
- The engine room is isolated from the accommodation areas of the vessel by sound proofing
- CZone Digital Switching System including; touch screen, iPad compatible, voltage, tank, bilge and fuse alarms, lighting (switches and dimmers)
- 2 x Mast Combi Pro 24 / 3500-100 inverters
- Isotherm Draw freezer 160L
- Isotherm Draw Fridge 190L
- Miele convection oven
- Miele induction hub
- Miele microwave
- 1 x Ice maker
- 1 x Washer and dryer
Spars, Rigging & Sails
Southern Spars Mast
- Mast tube laminate in Standard modulus carbon fibre, with standard modulus spreaders.
- Complete Ni50 rod lateral rigging package with stainless steel clamp tangs, seats and miscellaneous fittings to designer’s specifications
- Backstay and Checkstay cables to be K49 Kevlar
- All stays complete with stainless steel end fittings
- All Ni50 rods to be polished finish
- Aft rigging K49 Kevlar cables covered in black plastic jackets
- PBO Staysail Stay and Code sail torsional luff cables to be supplied
Sails by North Sails
- Full Batten Mainsail 3Di OCEAN 700 32,000 Dpi
- Self Tacking Blade 3Di OCEAN 700 35,000 Dpi
- Harken 32mm T track cars, Cunningham, intermediates, battens and toggles
- CTECH Full length battens
- Running rigging supplied for main and self tacking blade
Options As Configured (Included at $8.2M )
- Upgrade to Nomex core
- A Carbon Prepreg Bow sprit with Rod bobstay
- Tender Winch & Cradle
- 210kg Bow thruster
- 3 x Harken Electric pop up warping winches
- Deck shower on stern platform
- 150L water maker
- 1 x Under sole custom-built freezer approx. 700L
- 35 Bottles wine fridge
- Ecomar Sewage system
- Boom tent
- Covers for cockpit seat & table
- Covers for helm
- Covers for helm
- 1 x McConaghy carbon toilet
- Head ventilation
- 16 x Underwater lights
- MCB commissioning
Additional Options Below (Not Included in Price)
- Upgrade to Telescopic Keel
- Carbon hydraulic Passerelle
- Hull in metallic finish
- Cabin top in metallic finish
- Shrink wrap
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.
For more information about this vessel, please contact Michael J. Johnson.
We look forward to working with you!
Want more information?
Michael J. Johnson
The boating experience provides one of the best solutions for spending quality time with friends and family and this is where Michael's passion is rooted.
An experienced business and servicing expert who has spent 20+ years in a variety of industries including Real Estate, hospitality, and publication, Michael's love for customer satisfaction is limitless. This includes his expertise in understanding the use and pleasures of boat ownership.
As a native of Chicago, his boating experience of over 10+ years included sailing on Lake Michigan and a relentless attraction to explore the Pacific Northwest's San Juan Islands plus the vast waters of the Caribbean.
After shifting to Florida with his family in 2020, Michael’s journey continues as he joins the Yacht and boating industry at Denison Yachting. It has been his passion to not only be on the water but gain the opportunity to share his expertise with his clients that are looking to sell and purchase yachts around the Tampa Bay Area and internationally.
Michael is also part of the Florida Yacht Pro team. You can find their team efforts on YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok, and Facebook featuring the latest in yachting innovations.
Please join their channels @FLYachtPro and subscribe for more updates, industry news, tips, new ships, events, and more!