49 Eastbay HX
Reduced over 100K! Winter stored in an indoor heated building and close to Grand Rapids airport (GRR), showings can easily be accommodated.
Loaded with factory customizations, stored in a freshwater boat house for the last ten years, and in incredible shape, Harbor View is not only the best available late model 49HX on the market today, but the best in quite some time.
The Grand Banks 49 Eastbay is known for its incredibly soft ride, stout build quality, and iconic down east styling. Wide walkways, a massive cockpit, and the open HX helm deck layout make the boat as comfortable cruising as it is entertaining, with enough room to comfortably host a small crowd. With a hull design by the famous Raymond Hunt, an 18 degree deadrise, and a 16’ beam, the boat is a true blue water performer and rides comfortably in sea conditions where other similarly sized boats do not.
Harbor View is a true gentleman’s boat. With beautiful down east lines that give the feel of classic yachting, but the build quality and attention to detail more often found on high-end sportfishing boats. Customized from day one and having called the Great Lakes home for the last ten years and fresh out of heated winter storage, Harbor View will not last and is ready for immediate delivery.
Harbor View was ordered from Grand Banks with an incredible level of customizations, from custom stateroom arrangements down to the type of grout used for the tile shower floors. It has lived it’s last 10 years in a boat house on the Great Lakes, and stored in heated storage during the winter. This is evident immediately when stepping on board as the boat shows more like a 2016 than a 2006.
Below is a list of significant customizations, features, options, and upgrades:
- Custom enlarged master stateroom
- Complete electronics package:
- Garmin 4212 chartplotter with satellite weather receiver (2012)
- 2x Furuno NavNet VX2 chartplotters with radar and sonar
- Raymarine ST290 displays (2x) with wind reader and wired remote
- KVH Satellite TV dome
- Simrad AP26 Autopilot with wired remote
- Standard Horizon GX230S VHF
- Bennett hydraulic trim tab controls with indicators
- MaxPower bow thruster control
- Set of spare propellers (5-blade, bronze alloy)
- Subzero stainless steel refrigerator and freezer (2012)
- Fresh engine, generator, and transmission service: (2021)
- Oil (engines and generator)
- Oil filter (engines and generator)
- Transmission filter
- Secondary fuel filters (engines and generator)
- Primary fuel filters (engine and generator)
- Fusion UD650 Stereo (2015)
- Ocean LED underwater lights (2x), blue and white (2012)
- Upgraded TV in master (2012)
- New curtain tie backs (2014)
- Mezzanine and bow sunpad reupholstered in Sunbrella (2012)
- Powerful airhorn installed (2019)
- Spotlight (2017)
- Removeable EZ2CY aft helm deck enclosure with storage bag for door panel (2018)
- Customized helm and companion bench seats:
- Backrests can be arranged to face forward or aft to face starboard and port helmdeck seating
- Folding teak footrests on either side, for facing aft or forward
- Guest stateroom customization:
- Criss-crossing top and bottom bunks – results in much longer and wider lower bunk
- Stacking Asko separate washer and dryer units behind teak louvered doors
- Hanging locker under top bunk
- Customized bottle storage in galley
- Customized helm deck bar:
- Installed shelf 6” from top to helm bar
- Cutouts for shorter tumblers (10x) and taller tumblers (4x)
- Customized galley for increased storage
- Grand Banks installed, owner supplied:
- Custom European lighting fixtures throughout
- Stainless steel sinks in master head, guest head, and double sink in galley
- Basin mixer
- All shower hardware in both showers (shower head, shower mixer chrome shower hose, etc.)
- Light rail above mirrors in both heads
- Pull out faucet in galley
- Electric high-low table pedestal for helm deck table
- All deck fills for fuel, water, and pump out
- Split air conditioning throughout – all compressors (4x) located in engine room, resulting in an incredibly quiet system below deck and in the helm deck
- Dimmable lights throughout (master stateroom, guest stateroom, salon, galley, and helm deck)
- Sprayed Awlgrip beige nonskid on all exterior decking
- Teak and Holly flooring throughout with free standing, bound carpet
- Lift mechanism for under master bed
- Additional 110V outlets placed strategically throughout the boat
- Hot and cold transom shower with 10’ hose
- Both salt and freshwater spigot in cockpit and anchor locker
- Varnished extra large flag pole and holder on transom for true 3’ x 5’ flag
- U-Line icemaker in cockpit
- Hidden TV in salon
- Custom soft goods throughout
- 75’ power cord for cable master
- AC and DC powered engine room lights
- Electric, opening middle windshield
- Prepped for water maker install
- Satin varnished slats for in floor storages, engine room, and lazarette storage
- Solar powered dorade vents in guest head and guest stateroom
- Hidden safe in salon
- Increased teak accents throughout cabin
- Teak decking in helm deck
- Oil change pump
- Air conditioning vents in both heads
- Folding teak bench seat in master shower
- Pneumatic lifts for under salon seating
The boat boasts an extremely accessible foredeck. Stainless grab handles on the superstructure, coupled with the bow rails, makes it very easy to access the bow via the extra wide walkways. The superstructure, also painted in non-skid makes it easy to access the double wide sunpad. Tall, double stanchioned bow and side rails keep kids and pets safe while accessing, or enjoying the bow.
The cockpit can host a small together with it’s completely open floorplan and 16’ beam. A stout opening dive door can lock in the open position, making access to the teak swim platform extremely easy. Mezzanine seating gives a great view while underway, or nice spot to socialize at rest. The inboard part of the mezzanine lifts to reveal day access to the engine room.
A city water inlet, hot/cold transom shower, and raw water hookup are flanked by an outdoor 110V outlet, and rod holders. The hidden shore power outlet under the port cockpit steps keep clean lines, while a manual bilge pump provides extra safety and is found on the starboard side cockpit steps.
The teak-laid helm deck can be separated from the cockpit for cruising or storage via a four-piece, removeable EZ2CY enclosure with a storage bag for the door panel, when removed. L shaped port side seating is complimented by an electric, high-low table for dining or lowered to any desired position easily, with a switch within reach from the seating position. Another bench seat sits on the starboard side. Storage is ample underneath both the starboard side bench seat and port side L-shaped lounge. The starboard side aft console is perfect for a future cockpit TV installation with a weather proof 110V outlet and coax hookup.
The double wide helm bench seat is truly capable of two sitting next to each other with room to spare. An equally sized companion bench seat sits to port. Both teak ladderback backrests can be slid from the forward facing position to the aft facing position, giving four seating areas in the helm deck, all facing each other. Teak folding footrests for the forward or aft position, make the tall helm and companion seats comfortable with the backrests in either direction. A port side bar with pullout, felt lined, teak drawers and bottle storage add to the classic down east styling. For cocktails, the U-line icemaker is located on the inboard side of the companion bench seat and looks completely in place with a varnished teak door.
A large engine room access hatch is located in the middle of the helm deck, for lowering and retrieving bulky items and more involved repairs. A teak chart box, overhead chart light (red/white), Wheems and Plath barometer, and an oversized compass give the feel of classic yachting while the modern helm provides all the contemporary navigation instruments desired in today’s age. See the features list, above for a full compliment of electronics.
Large sliding windows on both sides of the forward helmdeck (with screens), coupled with overhead Bomar hatches (with locking arms), and an electrically opening center windshield provide all the airflow desired while underway. It also gives incredible visibility when docking starboard side too, the captain can simply put their head out the window and have unparalleled sight lines of the starboard side. A truly timeless teak locking door gives access to below deck.
The U-shaped galley sits to port, featuring a double sink, a newer (2012) subzero refrigerator and freezer (freezer is half refrigerator, half freezer), and microwave. The sink area was customized with a pullout faucet with stream or shower setting and a secondary purified faucet that passes water through a secondary water filter (also used for helm deck icemaker). The galley was customized from the factory to amplify the storage at every level – overhead, counter level, and lower level.
The C-shaped salon sofa is upholstered in beautiful cream ultra leather. It sits opposite a teak cabinet with sliding door to reveal a salon TV and hide it when not in use. On par with the rest of the boat, storage is vast, including customized pneumatic lifts for storage under the sofa.
The guest stateroom was also customized by Grand Banks for the original owner. Instead of the customary side-by-side bunks, the berths were arranged in a crisscross top and bottom layout. By doing this, the lower bunk was able to be widened to be more in line with traditional bed sizes. The other benefit of this layout is an enlarged master stateroom, while still allowing companionway access to separate Asko washer and dryer units, hidden behind teak louvered doors.
The day head sits forward of the salon, to starboard. Hidden outlets, a switch for the vacuum head system, and a TankSentry waste tank gauge are hidden behind the backsplash with a sliding cabinet. An overhead shower rail and curtain convert the day head to a shower, complete with removeable shower head and teak grate.
The master stateroom sits forward, with beautiful teak planked walls. An enlarged Bomar deck hatch serves as a secondary escape and an escape ladder is hidden behind the stateroom door. Beautiful appointments highlight the build quality of Grand Banks in the form of cedar linked, teak louvered closets, several drawers, and an oversized mirror on the aft bulkhead.
Ensuite access to the master head is found on the port side. A teak folding bench seat is situated in the shower, along with in incredible amount of storage for towels and toiletries seldom found on this size boat.
Harbor View is a true gentleman’s boat. With beautiful down east lines that give the feel of classic yachting, but the build quality and attention to detail more often found on high-end sportfishing boats. Customized from day one and having called the Great Lakes home for the last ten years, fresh out of heated winter storage, Harbor View will not last and is ready for immediate delivery.
*Note: the boat is located offsite, please call ahead to arrange a viewing.
|LOA||55' (16.64 meters)|
|Generator Make||Northern Lights|
For more information about this vessel, please contact RJ Winter.
We look forward to working with you!
Want more information?
OneWater Yacht Group
OneWater Yacht Group is a full service boat dealership proudly representing the finest premium brands in the market today. From our state of the art yachting facilities, headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, FL, our locations extend from Jersey City, NJ to Miami, FL.