MARPLES CC 40 FAST CRUISER
New Hampshire ,
This custom built “40” foot trimaran sailboat was designed by John Marples specifically for blue water cruising. She is fast, and easily handled with live aboard accommodations for a couple. There is additional space for crew and guests in a private aft cabin. Kolea is the most recent of the Marples “Fast Cruiser” designs. She is an updated and larger sister of the CC-37 FC (winner of the OSTAR). The three monocoque wood epoxy hulls were vacuum bagged and cold molded utilizing WEST SYSTEM epoxy. Her “Constant Camber” construction technique eliminates interior framing reducing weight and increasing strength. Kolea was professionally built in Paul Rollins boat shop and first launched in 2019." ~ Owners Comments
Kolea is a beautifully designed, exceptionally well-constructed trimaran that is in like new condition. This is a fantastic opportunity to own one of these well-respected designs today. Currently out of the water with her mast down allowing you to see the quality and care that went into this build process. Call to make an appointment to see Kolea, you will not be disappointed.
|LOA||40' (12.19 meters)|
- Professionally built
- 4 layers of cedar core cold molded with West System epoxy composite
- Hull thickness 3/4 inch with 10 oz. fiberglass sheathing
- Deck is marine grade Douglas fir with 10 oz. fiberglass sheathing
- Kiwi grip non skid on deck
- All surfaces are encapsulated with West System epoxy
- All surfaces finished to a high standard
- Additional layer of biaxial cloth laminated in high abrasion storage areas (chain locker…etc.)
- Harken blocks and Main Traveler
- Anderson stainless steel winches
- Anderson #18 main sheet
- Anderson #40 secondary cockpit winches
- Anderson #50 primary cockpit winches
- Anderson #34 Halyard/Reefing winches
- Custom bow and stern rails
- Stainless steel stanchions with Dneema life lines
- Stainless steel deck hardware and cleats
- Custom Dyneema nets fwd, aft, and vented wing
- Lewmar Ocean Series hatches
Sails & Rigging
- Sail area 717 square feet
- Sloop rig with inner forestay and staysail
- Custom aluminum spars by Sparcraft
- 1 x 19 stainless-steel rigging with Sta-lock terminal fittings
- Dyneema running backstays
- Sails by Mack in new condition
- Full batten main with double reef
- Tides marine sail track
- Mack Pack
- 110 % Blade jib on Harken roller furler
- Staysail on inner stay
- Code zero with dedicated furler
- Edson pedestal to transom mounted rudder
- Internal Ritchie compass
- External quadrant on rudder head
- Rudder is marine grade Douglas fir heavily glassed with West System epoxy
- Secondary emergency steering system
- Integral swim steps for pleasure and MOB
Electronics and Navigation
- Garmin 1022 Chart Plotter with NMEA 2000
- Garmin navigation chip with “Global Coverage”
- Garmin depth sounder with digital display
- Garmin VHF with AIS
- Garmin 800 AIS Transceiver with NMEA 2000
- Ritchie compass pedestal mount (Edson)
- Davis hand held bearing compass
- Sony DXS stereo with custom mounted speakers
- Iridium Go satellite communication system
Designed to be completely independent of shore power.
- 12-Volt DC system
- House battery 360 ah
- #1 Two Trojan J305 6-volt batteries wired in series
- #2 Dedicated 12-volt start battery
- Victron battery monitor
- DC circuit breaker switchboard.
- 70 amp alternator.
- Constant monitor Charge Relay
- 3 solar panels (370 watts total)
- High quality German manufacture by Solara
- 3 Dedicated Bluesolar MPPT 75/15 charge controllers each dedicated to an independent panel for shading
- All wiring labeled and executed to ABYC standard
- LED lighting throughout
- Double aft cabin
- Spacious cockpit
- Main salon
- Two settees (storage under)
- Fold down table
- Two wing berths ideal for at sea
- Private multi use space with port and starboard lockers
- Lavac manual head
- Holding tank gravity discharge or thru deck pump out
- V-berth double cabin with dedicated storage lockers port and starboard
- Cherry trim throughout
- Mahogany cabin sole
- “U” shaped with ample counter top space
- Force 10 propane stove with oven (2 ten pound aluminum tanks)
- Engel refrigeration
- Katadyn Power Survivor 40 water maker
- Large storage lockers port and starboard
- Dedicated salt water pump to galley sink
- Foot pump fresh water to galley sink
- Gravity feed day tank fresh water to separate facet at galley sink
- Diesel 19 gallons
- Water 50 gallons:
Tank #1: 20 gallons
Tank #2: 20 gallons
Tank #3: 10 gallon gravity feed “day tank.”
Foot pump pressure with switching manifold
- Waste holding tank 15 gallon
* Dedicated Jerries for additional capacity if needed
- 35 pound Manson Supreme anchor
- Robust custom stainless-steal bow roller
- 5/16 G-4 high strength chain (100 feet)
- 3/4 Inch nylon road properly splice
- 250 Feet total
- Delta secondary anchor with independent road
- Lofrans manual windlass
- Both drum and chain cat head
- EPIRB mounted near companionway
- Personal flotation devices
- Horse shoe toss ring
- MOB retrieval sling
- Signal flares
- Fire extinguishers (x3) mounted in cabin and galley
- 3 Separate bilge pumps with independent wiring and switching
- Lightning protection wiring system
Represented by a Certified Professional Yacht Broker (CPYB)
A Certified Professional Yacht Broker (CPYB) is recognized as having achieved the highest level of industry accreditation, available only to fully-qualified yacht sales professionals. The CPYB program is administered by Yacht Brokers Association of America in partnership with Florida Yacht Brokers Association, Northwest Yacht Brokers Association, California Yacht Brokers Association, Boating Ontario Dealers, British Columbia Yacht Brokers Association and Gulf Coast Yacht Brokers Association.
The CPYB program is also endorsed by the Marine Retailers Association of the Americas (MRAA) Marine Industry Certified Dealership (MICD) program and leading yacht manufacturers as a key component of their own industry standards; the highest level of achievement for their member yacht sales professionals.
Experience & Validity
The CPYB designation is earned by eligible yacht sales professionals, who, after serving a minimum of three years as a full-time professional, have successfully completed a comprehensive written examination to validate professional competency.
A CPYB is committed to their personal and professional development through continuing education, as mandated for CPYB recertification every three years.
Ethics & Standards
A CPYB adheres to, and is accountable to, a nationally recognized Code of Business Ethics and conducts yacht sales transactions in accordance with a stringent set of industry standards of practice.
A CPYB maintains a dedicated escrow/trust account to protect their client’s funds. A CPYB understands their fiduciary responsibility and obligations with respect to client funds.
A CPYB uses proven, industry-recognized transaction documents, which fully and clearly describe all terms and conditions of a transaction. Honesty & Integrity A CPYB maintains the highest standards of professionalism, acting with honesty and integrity.
Trust & Confidence
A CPYB instills confidence, trust and consistency in all transactions involving fellow yacht sales professionals for the benefit of the client.
Engine and generator hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.
For more information about this vessel, please contact us.
We look forward to working with you!