The 2019 48 Viking Convertible “Sea Block” started her life as a freshwater boat on the Great Lakes. She was brought to South Florida in the fall of 2020. Since then, she has had the highest level of care by full time crew. “Sea Block” has been used primarily to dive and spear fish but has also enjoyed some light fishing. She is in immaculate condition and is fresh off an 8/22 visit to the Viking factory service center where she received a fresh bottom job, new MAN water pumps, new AC pumps, full detailing, and minor punch list items. She has low hours (approx. 700 9/22) on the upgraded 1200 hp common rail MAN engine package. She was heavily outfitted with factory options such as an SK 9 Sea Keeper Gyro Stabilizer and has a great deal of custom additions as well. The 48 Viking is the perfect sized vessel for owner operators, and makes a great family fishing/cruising platform. As a late model, low hour, immaculate vessel, the 2019 48 Viking Convertible represents and excellent alternative to a new build at a fraction of the price. Come see her for yourself. She will not disappoint. Below please find a summary of her highlights, factory options and customizations.
|LOA||49' (14.96 meters)|
|Engine Model||CR 1200|
|Engine Model||CR 1200|
- Viking pedigree build quality
- Optional 1200 CR MAN power with low hours 700 (9/22) and fresh service (8/22)
- SEA KEEPER SK 9 GYRO STABILIZER
- Custom Teak cockpit by Viking factory service center
- Custom added Eskimo Ice chipper by Viking factory service center
- Custom added water maker by Viking factory service center
- (6) Underwater lights custom added by Viking factory service center
- Custom FAUX Teak hand painted toe rail, no bow rail, no pulpit for clean custom look
- Factory Mezzanine seating
- Cockpit rocket launcher
- Garmin screen and stereo controls on mezzanine deck
- Custom teak pattern SEA DECK on flybridge
- Air Conditioned Flybridge
- KVH SAT TV dome
- FLIR night vision
- Electric salon door
- Custom larger VIP bed in lieu of smaller bunk beds
The cockpit of the 2019 48 Viking Sea Block is well laid out for all fishing and cruising adventures. Her mezzanine seating and custom teak deck combine comfort and beauty with the DNA of a fishing machine. Cockpit features include:
- High gloss teak rocket launcher with 6 rod holders, 2 drink holders, bait prep tray and drawer
- Electric reel outlets
- Huge freezer under mezzanine seating
- Refrigerated drink box
- Transom live well/fishbox
- In deck fish box, in deck live well, and in deck ESKIMO ICE dump
- 4 transom underwater lights with 2 underwater side lights
- Cockpit canvas cover
- Sea Keeper Gyro Stabilizer under cockpit sole
- Tri color lights in cockpit overhang
- Y valve for fresh and salt water washdown
The main salon can be entered through the electric door offset to port on the forward bulkhead of the cockpit. The main deck has the traditional sportfish salon layout with integrated galley up, but with an updated more modern feel. The Viking interior shows off the newer theme high gloss walnut woodwork with lighter, more contemporary colors and furnishings. There is a white leather L shaped sofa to stbd with storage beneath. Port side fwd there is dinette seating with a high gloss walnut table. Above the dinette is a 40’ flatscreen TV with satellite capabilities. (subscription required) Across from the dinette to stbd is the ship’s galley. The galley features everything a shipboard gourmet would require, including:
- 3 burner electric cook top
- Microwave convection oven
- SUB ZERO undercounter refrigerator/ freezer drawers (2/2)
- Custom Amtico flooring
- Exceptional storage with deep slide out cabinet shelves
Centerline on the main deck forward between the dinette and galley is the companionway and stairs leading down to the lower accommodations. At the base of the stairs to port is a door that houses stacked washer/dryer units. The lower companionway has vertical decorative walnut strips separating wall panels. The layout below features a midship master stateroom to stbd with an ensuite head, a single berth guest room to port, a fwd VIP stateroom with single larger custom berth, a second head with VIP access and day head companionway access.
The master stateroom has an island queen berth with dual nightstands. Additional master stateroom features include:
- 22-inch flat screen TV w/ SAT capabilities (subscription required)
- Stereo and blue ray player
- Climate controls
- Dimmable overhead lighting
- Decorative padded headboard
- Outboard storage and fwd cedar lined hanging locker
En Suite Head
- Marine toilet
- Large shower stall with brushed aluminum shower door
- Cambria countertop and porcelain sink
- Custom Amtico flooring
- Satin nickel shower fixtures
- Brushed nickel towel bars
- Wood face lower vanity
- Decorative wall coverings
Across the hall to port is the guest stateroom. The standard layout has bunk beds but on factory custom order the upper bunk was deleted from the build so the lower bunk could be raised with storage beneath and widened as much as possible. This allows and adult to sleep more comfortably without an upper bunk directly overhead. If a bunk is desired for children, it would be an easy addition.
The forward VIP stateroom was customized as well. The standard arrangement has bunk beds offset to port. The custom arrangement once again deletes the upper bunk, raises the lower berth, and significantly increases its size. This stateroom offers exceptional storage, natural light through overhead hatch, blue ray player, 19” flat screen TV, dimmable overhead lights, and climate controls. The second head is accessible privately through the VIP stateroom or through a lockable companionway day head door.
The Flybridge of Sea Block is accessible from the port side cockpit ladder. The bridge has a four sided Costa Clear enclosure with Climate Controls. The air conditioning on the bridge in south Florida summers is a godsend and when the winter fishing days get chilly, the heat is just as welcoming.
The helm is on center island style with port and starboard seating benches. Factory upgraded distressed buckskin cushions are comfortable and classy. There is also seating forward of the helm. Behind the helm there are Release Marine high gloss teak captain and companion chairs. The custom helm pod has a stainless-steel wheel and single lever palm beach controls with bow thruster buttons built into the handles. The aft bridge rail has 6 welded in rod holders.
The electronics package includes:
- Triple GARMIN multi-function display for Chartplotter, radar and sonar functions
- Drop down electronics box in hardtop
- FLIR night vision
- MAN electronic gauges
- Lenco trim tab controls
- Bow thruster back up controls
- SEA KEEPER control pad
- Spotlight controls
- (2) ICOM VHF radios
- Accessory switch panels
Engine Room Features and Options
- Twin MAN CR 1200 hp diesel engines (approx. 700 hrs 9/22, service 8/22)
- ONAN generator
- Racor fuel filters, snow white
- Additional fuel tank
- All pumps except fresh water painted in snow white
- Oil change system with remote cockpit hook up
- Awlgrip painted engine room and bilges
- Fire suppression systems
- Ships batteries and battery chargers
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.
For more information about this vessel, please contact Mike Scalisi.
We look forward to working with you!
Want more information?
In 2012 Mike went on to become the number one Cabo salesman in the country. HMY is now proud to have Mike as part of our expert team. His knowledge, passion and dedication to his customers is well known throughout the industry. He enjoys spending time with his wife Nicole and three daughters. You may also see him in fishing tournaments or on the water around S. Florida aboard his classically restored 28’ Mako “NADICOLE”.