Rhode Island ,
Shamroga is a very special custom 22' Downeast pocket yacht, she's technically a 2004 hull but was stripped bare and completely refit in 2017 in Portsmouth, RI by the former yard foreman for Ted Hood. She is absolutely gorgeous and essentially everything onboard the boat was replaced new or reconditioned in 2017. Always winter stored indoors under the current owners stewardship and maintained to the highest standard.
Not only is Shamroga a head turner but she's a great running boat on top of it, she cruises nicely at 18 knots and tops out in the mid 20s. But she's the ideal cocktail harbor cruiser and that's been her usage for the current owner who commissioned the refit and previous owner who puttered around Maine.
Shamroga is in the water and available to be seen by appointment in Newport, RI.
|LOA||22' (6.83 meters)|
Hull and Deck
- Green Awlgrip hull with white boot stripe
- Royal Blue antifouling bottom paint
- White gelcoat cabin and superstructure with two-tone painted non-skid Moon Dust
- Varnished teak transom
- Upper and lower rub rails with stainless steel protection
- Varnished teak toe rail, aft cap rail, handrails and brow accent
- Varnished teak bow pulpit
- Teak swim platform
- Stainless steel bow rail
- Stainless steel swim ladder
- Bomar deck hatches
- Stainless steel cleats, hawses and fairleads
- Stainless steel anchor roller
- Maxwell electric windlass with foot pedals and remote at helm
- 25lb CQR galvanized anchor with swivel, chain and rode
- Varnished flag staff and burgee staff
- Teak and thiakol decks throughout
- Aft bench settee faces forward with ultra leather cushions and Sunbrella cushion cover
- Storage under aft settee and seat back folds down
- Varnished cockpit steps can be mounted on either port or starboard
- (4) flush mount rod holders
- Mahogany planked hull sides
- Custom stainless steel step plates with Shamroga inlay
- Varnished boat hook and washdown brush holder to port
- Centerline engine box with Sounddown insulation and cushion
- (2) fold down helm and co-helm chairs
- Gorgeous Herreshoff style interior with mahogany varnished wood
- (2) overhead hatches open for ventilation at helm
- Pilothouse can be fully enclosed with aft drop canvas with strataglass windows
- Lockable bi-fold doors and bi-fold hatch open and latch for access to down below
- Bi-color overhead light (white/red)
- Bose speakers
Helm and Electronics
- Raymarine Hybridtouch touchscreen multifunction chartplotter
- Raymarine enclosed array radar with overlay
- SidePower bow thruster toggle
- Stainless steel dual lever throttle control
- Depth sounder
- Furuno VHF Radio
- VDO tank gauge
- VDO rudder angle indicator
- Yanmar engine gauges and alarm
- Windshield wiper rocker switches
- (2) Rule bilge pumps
- Anchor windlass remote
- Clarion stereo CD player
- Ritchie compass
- Down below is a comfortable little v-berth with room for 2
- Custom v-berth cushions and pillows match the engine box cushion
- Systems access is well thought out and easy to access through hatches and lockers
- (2) opening portholes and (1) bomar overhead hatch for ventilation
Mechanical and Electrical
- Yanmar 4LHA-STP 240hp diesel engine with 110 hours
- ZF transmission
- Packing gland style shaft seal
- Racor fuel filter
- Custom stainless steel fuel tank with baffles - pumped and cleaned in 2021
- Marelon plastic engine thru hull valve NEW 2022
- SidePower SE 40 bow thruster
- Sea star hydraulic steering
- Xantrex TrueCharge 20 amp charger with remote display
- (3) Lifeline AGM batteries
- Blue Seas Systems breaker panel and battery shutoff switches
- 110v outlets in cabin
Safety and Exclusions
- Throw ring with line
- Fire extinguisher
- 4 dock lines
- 4 fenders
- Varnished teak boat hook
- Folding directors chair
- Any tools, gear, clothing, artwork or any other personal items seen onboard or in photos are at the discretion of the Seller.
For more information about this vessel, please contact Michael Porter.
We look forward to working with you!
Want more information?
Michael Porter joins ECYS as an experienced yacht captain and engineer. He holds a USCG 100 Ton Master license as well as a Bachelor’s degree from the University of Michigan. Mike has cruised South and Central America, the Caribbean, Bahamas, and the East Coast of the United States amassing more than 90,000 sea miles as captain and crew on over 80 different sail and power vessels under 160 feet.
Growing up in Michigan, Mike has always been on the water. It is safe to say that it’s in his blood. His great grandfather was a boatbuilder in New Hampshire and founded Goodhue and Hawkins Navy Yard on Lake Winnipesaukee, building runabouts, steamers, launches, and express cruisers.
During his summers off from college, Mike taught at and managed a sailing program at Camp Michigania in Northern Michigan. After earning his degree, Mike worked for a short time in sales before trading in his suit and tie for a pair of boardshorts and moving to the British Virgin Islands. He worked at the Bitter End Yacht Club where he taught sailing and windsurfing and captained snorkel tours and daysails.
Mike then moved back to the states, took his STCW-95 and went to work on private yachts. Mike ran an 80’ Marlow Voyager expedition yacht with a busy program for 4 years. After cruising remote parts of the world, he then decided to return to a more land-based lifestyle and joined Maine-based True Course Yachting as a Captain and Operations Manager specializing in Downeast powerboats of all shapes and sizes. Before joining the ECYS team, Mike was in Palm Beach, Florida, where he ran his own yacht management company.
Mike is excited to get on the water with you and share his knowledge and passion for boating.